As a USMNT fan, hats off to Jamaica, a salute

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by MightyMouse, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we lost to Jamaica for the first time ever is it? End of the world? Our program is going backwards?

Not exactly, the loss was bound to happen and is not the end of the world, I don't think the USMNT is going backwards. Be glad Jamaica gave us problems, be glad we lost now and now later, be glad we were able to fix our team from the loss to our win. Jamaica exposed us in the first game, exposed our slower players, and were physical throughout the games. The treated the US like we were a bitch in Jamaica, and in every sense, we were. They put fear in the fans, they created doubt about our program and players, most of all they made Klinsmann look bad. My hat is off to Jamaica for going for it and making the most of their opportunities.

Think about it though, did it wake us up and make us reflect on how to improve? Hell yes it did, we were scared right into going for it like Jamaica did, before that we were lazy, giving up easy passes, not tracking back well to take the ball back. Tale of two different teams from the one that went to Jamaica and got dominated, to the other that dominated them in Ohio, two different teams and two very different results. Now these guys are awake, they will not take our remaining games for granted, this I have no doubt.

This Jamaica team is not a small island team, they have players swinging way above their small island status, they are no fluke team. They possess all the attributes needed to take on bigger teams in the world and could probably give teams that take them for granted fits. If they get their attack sharper they could wound some big egos out there and show what CONCACAF in the Caribbean has in terms of talent. I think this Jamaica team is even more talented than the TnT teams of the past possibly.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  2. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Jamaica beat Japan in WC 1998. They are always a pretty good team, never a joke.

3. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaica is at its best FIFA ranking in history right now.

4. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i guessed US would win 4-1.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Gooch_Onyewu

Gooch_Onyewu Member

Jan 30, 2008
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaica has a good core of players right now. I respect them and I hope they can qualify for the World Cup.

7. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congratulations

8. Cleats Up

Cleats Up Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Saint Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If chose the under on the number of posts containing that Dempsey face gif in a day bet......you lost.

10. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.