Article About 10 German Players Who Are Eligible For The USMNT

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by DaveBrett, Jul 23, 2018.

1. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't literally attempting to think about it.
    My point was that a roster full of duals from Germany and Mexico couldn't do any worse than NOT qualify for a WC.

2. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A roster of BS posters couldn't do any worse than NOT qualify for a WC. Canada, US VI, and Italy could do no worse than NOT qualify for a WC.

It's a nonsense fact, signifying nothing.

superdave repped this.
  3. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You nailed it! Which is why it was a joke to begin with. I don't even agree with the OP saying a roster full of duals would make us "better than we currently are". I poked fun asking what the measuring stick of "better" was. Because obviously just about anyone can not qualify for a WC. Relax bro.

4. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, I didn't get the joke, sorry. I get you now. I'm not laughing, but I get it. Apologies if this was an acrimonious conversation for you.

KicksNgiggles repped this.
  5. KicksNgiggles

KicksNgiggles Member

Aug 18, 2016
    BHM
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No worries. Maybe not as much as of a joke as a flippant comment.

6. Iforgotwhat8wasfor

Jun 28, 2007
    Interesting that France, who has to deal with all the crap about the team not "looking" French, exports so many players to other countries.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    We colonized the wrong parts of the world, clearly. Whose idea was it to not subjugate Cote D'Ivoire, Senegal, Nigeria and all of the Mediterranean North African states? What is the point of having been a word power if we weren't building an efficient and effective soccer pipeline from former colonies?

TxEx repped this.
  8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Um...……….I think it's England that's wondering why their strategy didn't work for them. :)

freisland repped this.
  9. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Considering our dearth at wing and AM, I say rule no one out.

I may need to find me same camo outfit and head to Germany, if the love Americans so much.

10. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Wingers:

Marcel Costly
    Jann George
    Kevin Lankford
    etc.

There is a whole new wave of German-Americans in all positions coming through...……………..Garber's worst nightmare.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tbh none of those guys will elevate the USNT and guys like Lankford and Costly are nowhere nearing performers at club level yet either. Still have a long ways to go.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    brilliant

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just look at Toljan he's 24 already and the most successful one from that top 10 players article. But he's been in limbo for almost a year now.

lots of players on that list seem to be there based on their clubs rather than their talent. The list seems to have been made with 1BL Academy players in mind with the exception of Lankford. But him it's because he's already at a higher level. 2 players have already changed clubs in Summer because they werent good enough and others seem only a matter of time before they change too.