Arsenal vs Brighton. Premier League. December 5th, 2019.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by MilesW, Dec 2, 2019.

1. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Chambers started 21 games at DM for Fulham in the league last season, and 6 of their 7 wins came in those games. So, in the 17 games where Chambers did not play as a defensive mid, Fulham won once. They were a much better team with him in that role.

2. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. CarlosKaiser

CarlosKaiser Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 30, 2018
    Kansas City
    Nah, if I wanted to get relegated I would roll out the same lineup that lost at home to Brighton.

GunnerJacket and MilesW repped this.
  4. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    I've never rated Chambers and this year he hasn't proven me wrong. He is beyond awful at RB or CB. At DM he doesn't have the speed, ball skills or positioning to play it effectively. He is always needlessly fouling players and is falling over his own feet. But I guess he is the only options compared to our other players in the backline. Sorry mate not trying to be difficult I'm just frustrated with this team.

bandwagongooner repped this.
  5. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He hasn't played as a defensive midfielder for Arsenal since March 2016 and, like I pointed out, Fulham's results were worlds better with him in that position, so I'm not sure how you so adamantly reach your conclusion.

6. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The middle is currently getting exposed regardless of who plays and the front three is presently inconsistent. The worst outcome is they continue to play like the "starters"

7. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    I reached my conclusion based on watching him play all year. He is a terrible excuse for a first team PL Arsenal starter. Not sticking up for the rest but Chambers doesn't have attributes or skills to be a good DM.

8. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Touche. However they still give us the best opportunity to win even though we aren't. The other team isn't even competitive.

9. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The current team hasn't won in over 2 months and just lost to Brighton! They're in 10th place and 24 points out of 1st and 10 points out of 4th. Is the current team competitive?

10. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In an unrelated topic, anybody played this year's FM and is it any good

(somebody's gotta run Arsenal right)

cantona94 repped this.
  11. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The side that took the field vs. Brighton has a ton of talent, but as we're seeing a winning side also needs work rate and team chemistry. (Remember our beefs with Alexis?) This is why teams with "lesser" players are beating Arsenal, because the whole of their side is greater than the sum of their parts.

Walia Ibex repped this.
  12. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I haven't but I've been playing a very cathartic FM19 Arsenal save

cantona94 repped this.
  13. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I watched quite a bit of Fulham last year, they were a hot mess but a lot of it wasn't due to Chambers. And considering our current midfield woes, its worth trying over playing him at CB or RB.

14. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #139 Deep Wilcox, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    I believe this. I don't think its hyperbole. The club is in free fall, and a real manager is needed immediately.