Arsenal v AS Monaco [R] - Pre/Dur/Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by kanonier, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

UEFA Champion's League
    Arsenal v. AS Monaco
    Emirates Stadium
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015
    19.45 UK; 2:45pm EST

Finally, midweek Champion's League games are back!

2. ogadeni

ogadeni Member

Oct 30, 2009
    San Jose, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you!!! Let me enjoy the win for next 12 hours at list....# 3 in the table...aiming for # 2 by the end of March.

3. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pumped for this. Keep a clean sheet and win by two or more goals.

4. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hopefully ESPN has it in Spanish so I can watch it on the ESPN a app.

5. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ho-Lee-Sh*t I'm gonna be pumped for this game!

We need to throttle these Mo Fos on Wednesday and make no mistake about advancing after 90mins.

I am so sick and tired of going out at this stage. COYG, we can do this!!!

6. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have an all day meeting in DC on Wednesday. Maybe it will end early and I can get to Lucky Bar. I agree that we need to come out this with a clean sheet and 2 goals or better. It will make the away leg much more fun to watch.

7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, why does it always have to be on a goddamn Wednesday, I have to go into work over at MAVMAG Indian Island (I work there on Wednesdays and Fridays)!!! SHIT!!! Well, I hope that I can come home after work and check this forum for the final result as well as all of your comments. COYF'n'G!!! KILL!!!

8. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You can't DVR the game?

9. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does no one DVR? I have stopped living my life around arsenal games.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  10. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the states, it used to be easy to DVR and avoid hearing the result until you watched it. Its a bit more difficult the past few years. In addition to casual fan interest, ESPN puts CL scores on their home page, and scrolls them across the ticker.

Gunning4Chelsea repped this.
  11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    danielh and InTheSun repped this.
  12. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get it. I stay off the phone and sports sites on DVR days.

DaPrince84 repped this.
  13. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't own a DVR, I instead own both a VCR and a DVD recorder, so I can have a physical copy (on DVD or VHS) of the program I recorded/taped on it. I have a pretty good size library of DVDs and VHS Tapes of both movies and concert videos from some of my favorite bands, including myself, either as The Heavy Metal Warrior with my old hardcore/skate-thrash band S.M.F., or (currently) as gangsta rapper AK47. Most of my VHS library has never been released/reissued on DVD or otherwise has been out-of-print for years or even decades, and you won't find them on Netflix either baby!!! :)

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, back to our match, what kits will we be wearing this Wednesday against Monaco, I have all three strips, I just need to know which one we'll wearing on the pitch so I can sport it at work. COYF'n'G!!! KILL!!! GO ARSENAL!!! :)

BTW, one of the workers at the boathouse on MAVMAG Indian Island is a Scums fan, mainly he jumped on their bandwagon because former Seattle Sounders (MLS) defender and current Team USA member Diandre Yedlin now plays for them. He didn't even know about our North London Derby rivalry until I saw the Tottenham pennant he owns on top of the lockers in their lunch room, and I've been jokingly having fun with him with it since, he also now knows I'm a Gooner too.

15. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Home game, so we will wear red.

BIGHMW repped this.
  16. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Games on Fs1 in the US

BIGHMW and Gunning4Chelsea repped this.
  17. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great, I'll be donning it at work, I know we always wear red at home, but I must admit, that I inadvertantly thought it was AWAY to Monaco, so that's why I popped the question, in which I'll ask again for our FA Cup tilt at Old Toilet against United later on.

18. ogadeni

ogadeni Member

Oct 30, 2009
    San Jose, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This game definitely won’t be easy but we can do it COYG!!!. We need to kill it and kill it badly & quickly. Minimum by 3 goals and clean shit would be preferable. By half time we should be thinking about weekend game home game with Everton. As I said before, I strongly believe we can catch Man City by the end of March if we pay A game. My pick for this one is as follow :-

=Bellerine===Per===Kos===Gibbs=
    ************** Coq*****************
    =======Ozil===Santi==========
    ==Wilcot==========Sanchez===
    ==========OG==============

What do you say? Bring Walbeck for Wilcot at 60th and Rosicky for Santi @ 65…Wilshere for OG @ 80th. (only we we are leading by 3 goals)

19. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope - my life does revolve around the Arsenal. Sorry I'm not sorry.

BigEffingGooner and Tonerl repped this.
  20. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there are really only 4 questions as to the lineup. Clearly, Per, Kos, Coq, Ozil, Santi, Sanchez and Giroud all start. I'd break down the questions as follows:

1) Right Back. Bellerin v. Chambers. I think Bellerin is the clear first choice here and get the start if fit. The question is -- is he fit? I was not very impressed with Chambers performance against Crystal Palace and feel that Bellerin right now brings so much more to the table with his pace and technical ability.

2) Left Back. Monreal v. Gibbs. I think in the manager's mind Monreal is clearly first choice right now and will get the start though I think this is a very close battle. Personally I prefer Gibbs but it a virtual coin flip and I can see the value of Monreal's experience and physical superiority to help anchor us -- expecially if we have the speedy Bellerin on the other flank.

3) Right Mid. Welbeck v. Walcott. Another really close call. I think Walcott is clearly more likely to hit the back of the next but Welbeck is certainly a harder worker and perhaps combines better with his teammates. I think this is a very close call. I tend to think that Welbeck will get the start and Theo gets to be first off the bench but I would not be surprised to see the more attacking side of starting Walcott -- I'm actually kinda hoping for that but you can't really go wrong with either.

4) Keeper. Ospina v. Chesney. Who knows? Ospina looked a little shaky against Palace but our defense generally has done much better with him in the net. Is that due to our overall team getting healthy or his organization. Will AW use Chesney as the Cup keeper to include CL and continue Ospina in the prem? I kinda think that he will -- no reason why really -- and I predict Chesney will get the start on Wednesday.

IAH-Gooner and DK021 repped this.
  21. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like Monaco has some key players out due to injury or suspension...
    I don't think Toulalan is playing due to a suspension..major loss for them.

NBlue repped this.
  22. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I am not a true fan :( *deletes account*

23. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I say that? You do you, I'll do me.

BigEffingGooner and NBlue repped this.
  24. NBlue

NBlue Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Orlando, Florida
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes -- just read that they are missing the following due to injury: Ricardo Carvalho, Andrea Raggi, Joao Moutinho and Tiemoue Bakayoko; and, as you note Jeremy Toulalan due to suspension.

Would be very nice to get 2-3 goals and keep a clean sheet (duh).

25. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kangaroo court please :)