PBP: Arsenal FC v Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Dec 29, 2019.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah he looked good. Despite being given a bad mid-term grade :ROFLMAO:

btw - How is Mason Mount Lampard's security blanket?

We have to find a replacement for Kante ASAP as he only got a B+ grade.

We need to put it all in a spreadsheet and give it to the new manager once we get rid of Frank.

lobomojo repped this.
  2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Missed the match as I was at breakfast with a friend. Saw the result on my phone and did a fist bump.

Do agree that Lamptey does look like a little kid out there.

And when Pulisic is back, start him.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Loved seeing Frank adjust in the first half, tho not sure why we’re still putzing around with the back three.

Willian’s effort and work rate today. His run on the Tammy goal made my heart swell.

Jorginho’s missed call is why I don’t EVER complain about refs. It all comes around. You get some, you lose some. I’d be shocked if anyone could demonstrate with stats that their team was somehow significantly impacted by bad calls (more so than any other team). Every game, all I read is how [insert ref here] is terrible. Are there any good refs?

Love seeing Frank lead the cheers after the game.

Agree with someone else who said Kante doesn’t seem like a Kante anymore.

The kid was good today. We are blessed with some amazing young talent.

Full disclosure, tho. I was worried for about 75% of this game that our creativity had dried up. Looking forward to having Pulisic back.

Love, love, LOVE beating Aresenal. [emoji16]

5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is one allowed to be serious? After all we are merely players on a message board. The internetS is not real. So. I got a yellow card for giving a certain supporter or is that "fan" a D grade. Just an opinion right? A D grade, could have been a D-. Club loyalty considered. Anyways. The result being A yellow card and a stern warning from the lovely moderators. So, I am not going to be going into any of those 50-50 hospital balls and verbal challenges for a while. Just not going to upset the censors. Mid-terms eh? God bless the mods for protecting the little ones who are unable to protect themselves.

I think Frank did a good job yesterday. Got it wrong and he changed it and he fixed it and we got the result and the 3 points. Away at Arsenal always a decent result. We did miss the creativity of Pulisic. Tammy was very isolated, but he still managed to get his goal. CHO was good when he came on. Willian worked hard, but it wasn't his best game, he cannot be expected to play like he did against Spurs every week. Willian is having a good season imho. Lamptey was no numpty when he came on. PSG are after Lamptey in a big way and he is out of contract in the summer. I hope we can keep the lad.

lobomojo repped this.
  6. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was very encouraged by Lamptey. His through ball for Tammy was fantastic. Pity Tammy couldn't convert. Hope he gets more games as with better FBs our attack instantly looks better. Otherwise teams just block the middle and we keep passing around waiting to be countered.

JimWharton repped this.
  7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Was there really no thread for this?

A frustrating 30 minutes but after Lampard took Emerson off and added Jorg, we bossed. The goals took a while, but they came. One, thanks to a GK blunder, the second, a remarkable counter.

Willian busting in the 87th minute past Sako (who was clearly injured or cramped) is why we need him for at least one more year.

Pulisic out with a hammy precaution.

Lamptey did well at right back when brought on. Future is bright at right back...need help on the left.

8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes there was a thread. Time to change glasses? :)

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL, I didn't see it anywhere.

Did we still beat Arsenal in that thread?

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Click “Show Ignored Content” at the bottom of the page

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    His highlight reel is certainly impressive. Talk about pace the kid is disgustingly quick. Veryyy interested to see him get more game time. As you said, look at what an enormous impact a potent attacking fullback has.

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lamptey is NO Numpty.

Lamptey Speaking to Chelsea TV after the game, described how nervous he was making his debut: "My heart was racing, this is the moment me and my family have been waiting for." Lamptey became the seventh academy graduate to make a first-team appearance during Franks managerial tenure, following in the footsteps of Mason Mount, Billy Gilmour, Reece James, Marc Guehi, Tino Anjorin and Ian Maatsen.

Lamptey is talking to PSG. The lad is 5ft 4" and looks like a school boy for sure.

14. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You got a warning for trolling. Based on other warnings you have received this became a yellow card and an automated message. If you want to make it personal with another poster, make it via PM not a public post. Or better yet, don't make it at all.

Your posts are not the only ones being deleted. You are not the only poster being warned.

Try to focus on the football.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That did it, thanks.

But at what cost.

16. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    L m a o... our inner peace but hey, we’re footy fans so that’s already lost

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Funny you should say that... I noticed this earlier today.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ear-and-obvious-offside-errors-say-law-makers

The weekend’s Premier League fixtures featured a number of marginal offside decisions which were checked by VAR, with goals ruled out for Wolves, Crystal Palace, Norwich, Brighton and Sheffield United.

Hmm... all the ones suffering are 'smaller' clubs. How odd! :D

Having said that I suspect you're right between the clubs like us and LeArse.

But it's also worth mentioning that LeArse gained before Jorg when Guendouzi grabbed Tammy in a foretaste of what happened with Jorginho.

JimWharton, Wrath and lobomojo repped this.
  18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Guendouza should have been sent off. Jorghino couldn't foul a player, who should not have been there anyways.

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, obviously, he might have fouled someone else but the point is everyone's screaming about Jorginho whilst ignoring the LeArse player who did the same thing. I mean, yeah, send one off but then send them BOTH off is my point.

20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #95 StamfordBridgeLions, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    Jorghino came on and transformed the game for us and he scored AND if you see those post match celebrations with Lampard and the team and the fans yeah you get it. He is one of us. He is certainly having more fun than he did under Sarri. AND football should be fun, entertainment and passion.

Red card for Jorghino? Well he cannot get a card IF he is on your ignore list right?

lobomojo repped this.
  21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But the referee is like the law on the pitch innit. The Arse player that Jorghino allegedly fouled should not have been on the pitch in the first place. I have spent enough time in court to know THAT that is a very strong legal argument.

VAR should be used in all situations at all times and it should be used retroactively and it should be used in conjunction with a time machine. And then we wouldn't have any of these problems.

lobomojo repped this.
  22. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I find your arguments intriguing and I wish to receive your sales literature :)

lobomojo repped this.
  23. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Yeah, but that’s one week. Over the course of a season or several, I’d wager it all evens out. If it doesn’t, it suggests either a conspiracy or a significant bias in the system. I don’t believe either, tho many seem to.

24. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I’m still salty over the goal we had chalked off against Pool. That 20 second lookback was ridiculous... the system needs a lot of clearing up as far as what the actual rules are

JimWharton and lobomojo repped this.
  25. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Oh no argument there. I thought VAR was a good idea, but in practice, I hate it. Goal line technology is one thing, but replacing one judgement call with another judgement call just hasn’t seemed to offer any real benefit AND it slows the game down and just pisses everybody off.

I’d argue that the fact that calls all even out over time is reason enough to scrap it.

Yahtzee and lobomojo repped this.