News: Arsenal America 2009/2010 Ticket Requests for Home Matches through 12-31-09

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Maryland_Gunner14, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maryland_Gunner14

Maryland_Gunner14 New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are interested in seeing Arsenal this season, then you have clicked on the right thread. We are now taking ticket requests for the 2009/2010 season. The process has changed from last year, so please read this thoroughly.

Note: We are no longer taking ticket requests for the following matches:

Birmingham
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Aston Villa*

*We are only taking requests for Aston Villa if you are planning on attending the Arsenal America road trip.

2009/2010 Ticket Request

Requesting tickets through Arsenal America:

1. Arsenal America Membership – You must be a paid member of Arsenal America for the 2009/2010 season to request a ticket(s). If you plan on purchasing tickets for multiple individuals, you must have a paid 2009/2010 Arsenal Membership for every person that you are purchasing for. http://www.arsenalamerica.com/arsenalamerica-membership/

2. Games You Can Request – We are taking ticket requests for HOME MATCHES ONLY.

3. Ticket Request Time Frame – Tickets must be requested no later than 12 weeks before a match. Any ticket request beyond the 12 week mark will be nearly impossible to obtain. We are ONLY taking ticket request for games from August 15th through December 31st, 2009. We will open the ticketing later in the fall for the second half of the season.

4. Ticket Allocation – Tickets are granted on a first come first serve basis. We cannot guarantee the following:

a. The number of tickets requested
    b. If multiple tickets are requested that you will be seated together
    c. The physical location of the seats in the stadium

5. Ticket Request – You must log into your Arsenal America account under the ticket request option. We are no longer taking ticket requests through Big Soccer. Once you have logged in, you must complete the form, and click submit. We will notify you that we have received your request via e-mail. You will be notified 6 weeks before the game that you have been selected for the tickets. If you are selected for a ticket, you are responsible for payment.

6. Payment – Once you have received your confirmation e-mail from Arsenal America regarding your ticket(s), you will need to PayPal Arsenal America within 48 hours of receipt of the e-mail the following fees (based off of category A or B games http://www.arsenal.com/membership/buy-tickets /):

a. ₤55/Per Ticket for Category A games
    b. ₤38/Per Ticket for Category B games
    c. $5/Per Ticket for Pay Pal Fees

Once Arsenal issues the tickets, you will be contacted regarding the full price of the ticket. The initial charges are potential costs, and can fluctuate depending upon the seats allocated for the match. If there is a dollar amount owed to Arsenal America, you will be contacted and required to make payment 2 weeks before the match.

For dollar conversions you can use PayPal's conversion calculator.

If you make a ticket request and do not pay for the tickets, you will not be allowed to make ticket requests again through Arsenal America.

7. Ticket Pick Up – The tickets are held by our trusted advisors in London. On match day, you will meet our Arsenal America UK team at a predetermined location. You will need to provide them your Arsenal America membership card in order to take receipt of the ticket. No membership card, no ticket. This is our policy on ticket pick up, and we will not budge on it. You must be on time!

This might seem like a long list of requirements for ticket requests. We will do our very best to put couples/families/friends together at matches. We cannot guarantee anything, as we are at the mercy of Arsenal. These requirements have been put in place to protect our members, and to ensure that everyone has a great experience from ticket request to match day. We are excited about the upcoming season, and look forward to seeing you there!

2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see you guys got this sorted out. Hopefully things will go more smoothly with the new system.

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Can I get tickets for the big 4 games this year? My 100 friends and I are flying to London and would really like to see these matches. Cheers mate.[/tongue in cheek]

:D

4. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It took some gerrymandering, but we got everything sorted out on the ticket front. All kidding aside, the process should be much smoother for the suppoter.

We are more than happy to provide hundreds, if not thousands of tickets to Big 4 matches. We can also solve political crisis', cure diseases, and mend the broken hearted ;).

5. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Arsenal America has really expanded their operation this year! Glad to see you are taking customer service to the next level! ;)

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What about ridding the Uk of Gordon Brown and his lackies?

7. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Great job on getting the ticketing system sorted out. Not sure if I'll be attending any matches before the new year, but I hope I get my member's card. I havent gotten one since 2007.

8. goonersf

goonersf New Member

Oct 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Membership cards definitely will go out for members renewing for the 2009/2010!

(The goal is to send them within weeks of your renewal)

9. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Seconded !!!!!!

I renewed my membership....made a ticket request....received a ticket
    offer...confirmed my request.....and payed for ticket...
    .....all within 45 minutes!!:)

10. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Wow. Well done to the new and improved ArsenalAmerica board.

11. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Massive kudos to Josh for tackling this and coming up with a vastly improved ticketing system!

12. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, this has been a huge headache for years. If it is as sorted out as it seems to be, he did an amazing job. Hopefully it works just as smooth for the folks in London.

13. StuBeck

StuBeck New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So it is too late to request tickets for August 22nd?

14. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bahahahahahahahahahaha

15. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    Aside from the fact that he's a Liverpool fan, I think it's a reasonable question.

The thread was started July 21, and says that it is related to ticket requests from August 15-December 31. 12 weeks from July 21 is October 13. Can any tickets be requested for matches before that? It's unclear. If I were going to try to go to a match before that, I would've asked the same question.

16. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Says it all.

17. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  18. StuBeck

StuBeck New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :confused:

19. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal America focuses on getting tickets in the hands of american Arsenal fans. I'm sure you understand that.

20. StuBeck

StuBeck New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes, I do, but I would still like to go to an Arsenal game if there were tickets available in the middle of August.

Thank you for the actual response.

21. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess you've got the same options as everyone else:

A) join Arsenal America and make a request (though you might want to email them first and see if any tickets are available)

B) Buy an Arsenal Red Membership and wait for tickets to go on sale for Red Members.

C) Go to the stadium and take your chances finding one on the day.

22. StuBeck

StuBeck New Member

Jul 18, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks again for the information. I was hoping they would respond to this thread because of the conflicting information, but you've been very helpful :)

23. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ticket officers for Arsenal America don't necessarily monitor this thread. If i were in your position i would try to email them directly and explain your situation.

24. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very nice system. Kudos to all involved.

25. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stu,

If you have any additional questions, shoot me a note, and I will be more than happy to walk you through your options. Anti is right though. All you need to do is pay for an AA 2009/2010 membership, and you can request tickets to any home match that you like. We tried to keep it as simple as possible.