Around the Bundesliga 2018-2019

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by HockeytownHeel, Sep 1, 2018.

1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Matchday 2. Watching Bayer Leverkusen they are so young that they make so many mistakes. Their emphasis should have been some older players to provide leadership on the pitch for these kids.

Meanwhile Wolfsburg have a nice start to the season. I am impressed with them. Its a long season but I must say that they will be tough for us.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I didn't watch, but Leverkusen are playing too many attacking players with no midfielders. Throw in the lack of experience and the clubs general loser mentality and you get this.

Wolfsburg have started well, especially considering the teams they have faced.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I always thought Tedesco is overrated. He finished his coaching education ahead of Nagelsmann, if I remember correctly, so maybe he proves me wrong. But I was never convinced. Last season, Schalke overperformed with ugly football that got results.
    Herrlich might be another one that gets exposed but I think that Leverkusen is generally on a good path.

4. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I watched the second half and Schalke looked very poor, but I am not going to blame Tedesco just yet. That squad so little quality in it. They lost Meyer and Goretzka for free. Incredibly stupid, because they should have got at least £65 million for the pair of them.

As for Herrlick, I think he is doing a lot worse, because Leverkusen have a lot of talent. I think they are easily the 3rd best squad in the Bundesliga, after Bayern and Dortmund.

5. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    the bundesliga is so bad that if we do not come in 2nd to Bayern who is clearly above us..then this season is a huge disappointment

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Well the spending this summer is telling.

1 Premier League: spent 1420 million €, earned 423 million €, net total: -996 million €
    2 Serie A: spent 1140 million €, earned 858 million €, net total: -284 million €
    3 La Liga: spent 893 million €, earned 758 million €, net total: -135 million €
    4. Bundesliga: spent 498 million €, earned 495 million €, net total: -3 million €

Money is not everything but its very important for a league. It shows that the other top leagues are adding quality, but the Bundesliga is not.

This doesnt even take into account the bad business the Bundesliga constantly does like letting quality players like Meyer leave the league for free.

The league needs to hold onto to it's youngsters to improve.

7. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I tell you what.. I keep seeing Werner and he does not impress me at all. He much like Pulisic just gets himself into trouble too much. Not to say that either cant be a star at some point but neither are ready for the EPL. Werner was rumoured a lot like Pulisic to make a move. THe bundesliga will have to eventually spend if they ever want to be top flight teams. Maybe some are happy just making money and selling players. Thats all good and well but in the long run its bad for the league. Home grown players cant always be kept and sometimes you just have to sell when a player wants out but it would behoove the league to try and garner incentives for teams to protect their players which protects their brand.