Aron Jóhannsson in Denmark

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Nonsense... Aron has played in all 13 Superliga games so far this season, so he has not been rested or missed any games for AGF... sure he was subbed out in the second half both in this and the last round, but this has been the case in 9 out of the 13 games so far this season, so nothing unusual there either... I didn't think he was rubbish, in the first 45 minutes the whole team seemed a bit rusty after the NT break, but he worked hard as usual and also had a few opportunities, he just didn't manage to score for a change, but then we cant expect him to score in every single game.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  2. jpoler1

jpoler1 Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bedford, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree with you. I have been obsessed about this story ever since I heard that he denied the callup to Iceland for a WC Qualifier. My hopes are up that we get him.

3. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not in the 18 for todays match.....maybe its that lingering groin injury?

stonejh127 repped this.
  4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    so he was telling the truth?

5. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    You completely lost mere there... AGF has great depth and easily beat OB in Odense by 4-2 with no Aron on the pitch.... AGF have some of the most talented players in the Superliga right now, especially Casper Sloth (who has also been selected for the Danish NT of lately) and Osama Akharraz ..... I also think Aron is very happy about the excellent crosses from Stephan Petersen.

6. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't feed the troll, Ceres! :)

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Aron is btw now wanted by Vitesse, Heerenveen and AZ Alkmaar according to Danish media... and I do predict that he will be moving to Holland, either in the winter break or at latest at the end of this season... AGF have already signed and lined up Mate Vatsadze as his replacement, when Aron is sold... so from now on, you will see that Aron is going to play slightly less, while Vatsadze is going to get a bit more time on the pitch.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  8. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How awesome would it be to see him and Jozy on the field together for half a season if he moves in January.

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Icelandic players seem to be killing it in the Eredivise. Great move it would be.

10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    According to Swedish fotbolltransfers.com, Aron's agent now confirm that he is being watched very closely by clubs from 8 different leagues... clubs from the Eredivisie in Holland (probably Vitesse, Heerenveen and AZ Alkmaar as mentioned earlier by Danish media), from the EPL (Arsenal has been mentioned earlier, which is also mentioned here), the Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, the Championship and finally the Polish Ekstraklasa.... though I'm sure clubs from the Championship and Poland are just wasting their time...

The Swedish link :
    http://www.fotbolltransfers.com/site/news/24626

11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'd go Holland or France

12. chalaron

chalaron Member+

Aug 15, 2006
    Baton Rouge, Louisia
    with the new French tax structure, France is going to be a very expensive place to play. I bet their league starts slipping some.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  13. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    The new tax structure doesn't affect 95% of the players.

14. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  15. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Makes you wonder, does not it? This could be adding more to speculation he is considering the US. Someone has to know.

16. stonejh127

stonejh127 Member+

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is strange? Is he still struggling with that injury?

17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He couldn't have been called up to the US squad as he would have needed to file a one-time switch a few months ago but I'm hoping maybe, just maybe Klinsy had a chat with him while in Europe. You never know. He could just be struggling with injury again but I'm hoping not!

Edit:

I did see where he came off the bench and played the last 32 mins. of a 2-0 loss to Horsens on Friday.

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    No Aron is not injured... he was a week ago, but now he is fit to play.

20. stonejh127

stonejh127 Member+

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then that really makes this interesting, because I'm sure Icelanders are and have been very interested in getting him into their system RIGHT NOW.

21. fdfd

fdfd Member

May 31, 2012
    How has Aron been recently?

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Not scoring I can tell you that. I miss how in September he scored every week. As easy and regular as people breathe.

23. fdfd

fdfd Member

May 31, 2012
    I notice he's been coming off the bench, does AGF have more talented players ahead of him?

Also, many of his goals came off multiple goal games, and from watching youtube I don't know how much of those chances he created.

I actually haven't seen him but starting to be worried he might not be the missing link for us up top we all wish for

24. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AGF has lost 4 of their last 5 (one was a draw). In fact the last game Johannsson started, AGF won. Coincidence?

25. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scrap any ideas you have at this point about him being the missing link. He is a very good player, but he is not going to be any sort of savior for us immediately.

Were he to choose us he would be a very valuable addition to our attack and would certainly get time and help us out in an area where we need depth, but he is looking to make a move up to the level of club (AZ Alkmaar), where we already have someone starting and scoring on a regular basis.

Be excited about the possibility of adding AJ by all means, but lets not get over our skies.