Arnie Schwarzenegger: laughing stock

Discussion in 'Elections' started by johan neeskens, Sep 7, 2004.

1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Dear American people, your Republican party in general and Mr Schwarzenegger in particular is now officially a laughing stock in Europe.

We didn't hear about this last week during the Republican convention but news has come out that Mr Schwarzenegger has said at said convention that he 'fled Austria for the American paradise when he saw communist tanks driving through the streets'. This of course went down well with the Republicans, capitalist freedom fighters that they are.

But, dear Americans, Mr Schwarzenegger was born in 1947. Communists haven't been seen in the streets of Vienna since 1945. Good God. And you're actually going to VOTE for these idiots?

2. Graham Malley

Graham Malley BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 6, 2004
    Er...Lisburn
    He is really funny. I saw his speech at the Convention and I have to say he's a pretty good orator, rousing, rabble rousing perhaps.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Hmmm. The last time an Austrian entered the political forum of another nation, the world was plunged into war.

4. Graham Malley

Jul 6, 2004
    Er...Lisburn
    He is no Adolf Hitler!

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    But he's such an ignoramus! I really can't believe people actually believe the nonsense these idiots come out with. It's scary to think the Republicans lead in the polls.

6. Graham Malley

Jul 6, 2004
    Er...Lisburn
    Well of course he is but I don't think that matters in American politics.

7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Obviously not. Anyway Arnie now is no longer a hero in Austria, the media apparently made a big thing out of it.

8. Graham Malley

Jul 6, 2004
    Er...Lisburn
    I was there last summer. The only thing that pissed me off more than him being elected was that whole Alabama Ten Commandments thing in the Courthouse. They removed it (Church/State) and there were demonstrations outside with people shouting things like "Get your hands off our God!!"

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    And he's married to a girl from the Kennedy clan too. I don't understand how she can live with someone whose political ideas probably differ enormously from hers.

10. Graham Malley

Jul 6, 2004
    Er...Lisburn
    Like Cherie and Tony.

11. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

You get too caught up in things that won't affect your life one bit neeskens. Take it easy, weazy.

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Unfortunately, quite a lot of US politics does impinge upon global politics, even domestic politics.

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Excuse me? Your government's policies in many ways affect Dutch people even more than those of the Dutch government. I have a cousin in Iraq. Do you think he'd be there if it wasn't for the US?

14. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    Curious what is your unemployment rate?

When the UN sends troops some where how many does your country contribute?

How much money support does your country send at those times?

I just want to know since your are that smart you must also be very prosperous, and very helpful when the UN needs you aren't you?

15. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    He is very stupid and yet he can buy and sell you a 1000 times. What does that say about you?

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    We have a professional army and currently have some 3,000 military working mainly in Iraq and Afghanistan, which is the most military we've had outsourced to UN and NATO missions since we gave up Indonesia as a colony in the late 1940s. The government has just decided to allocate even more military to the Afghanistan mission, notably the airforce. As you probably don't know it was Dutch F-16s who dropped the first bombs on Yugoslavia in Clinton days, and it was Dutch Scud-troops that helped Israel protect itself during the first Gulf war.

I'm guessing this is an effort of yours to slag off Holland. I wouldn't if I were you. Much to my dislike, Bush has repeatedly praised Holland as a loyal ally at the republican convention last week.

What America does with its own army is their business. I start to object when Dutch government is bullied by the US into sending Dutch military on missions they don't fully support.

17. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    You don't mix politics with marriage, religion, sports or anything else for that matter that is how it's done. Plus when things are going good or bad I am sure the two of them stick together. Understand now probably not.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Holland is in the top 10 economies of the world Mr Benito. Yet we're about 200 times smaller than the US of A. What does that tell you?

19. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    What kind of nonsensical statement is that?

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It says something about how money is rated more than anything else by some people I guess.

21. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    I am waiting for him to explain what exactly he means by this.

22. Benito

Benito Red Card

Aug 25, 2004
    '

That is your leaders fault don't vote for him next time then.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Eh? It's our leaders fault that the US bullies them? If someone gets bullied it's not the bully who should be blamed?

I don't think you have the necessary intelligence to have a proper discussion with Benito.

24. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    And that is why such prominent persons like Tony Blair are under pressure. He can't fudge an election like GW can.

25. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Wind-up joker more likely.