Armando Romero

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by el_cuscatleco, Aug 8, 2007.

1. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm looking to get some info in Armando Romero.

From what i know, this is his second year at Charleston.

Can anyone tell me anything else about him??

How important is he to your team??? Does he play every game??

Any info is great,

Thanks

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romero is a good guy and fast on the wing. He normally doesnt start but he comes in as a second half sub quite a bit. He is fast and good with the ball at his feet. He isnt a bad crosser of the ball either. I think he would get more Playing time but we are quite deep in that position so he is always going to be fitting for minutes.

here are his stats from the Batteyr website

http://www.charlestonbattery.com/history_pregister.asp?pid=1646

3. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Is there any game where Armando really stands out as one of the better players??

What games would you recommend for someone like myself who has never seen Armando play??

4. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    How did Romero play this past season?? Is he a starter for the Battery?? Or just used as a sub?? Anyone got any video highlight where i can watch him play??

Thanks

5. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Unfortunately he didn't get a lot of playing time this past season with the Battery. He's definitely a good player with a lot of potential -- he just never seemed to fit into the Battery's system/plans. Its really hard to make much of an impact when you only get a few minutes here and there. Plus as a player you lose that confidence when you are not a regular starter.

6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just repeating what wellington said.

not really a starter got about 20 min or so in some matches. I dont know of any highlights that feature him specifically, but youtube.com has several battery goals from 2006 and might show him in one or two of them. The USLlive.com site still has the matches archived from last season and that maybe be an option if you dont mind paying the fee to watch them. i would look at the Battery website to see which matches he appeared.

7. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks for the info.

Just wondering, with the Battery's below par performance this season, has the coach managed to stay on?? Or have you got another one??

Do you think that the coach leaving would help Romero get more game time?? I mean what is he lacking compared to the starter in his position??

8. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The battery's sub par performance is the million dollar quesiton. I think it is a combo of things mostly our Defense didnt get it done. why? there were a lot of injuries in our back line, some little, some serious but it made it tough to put out a consistant back line. another thing I think we were missing was on field leadership. no one really rallied the players when things were tough.

I dont know if Auggie leaving would effect Romero here or not. He is a good player and has some skill. he might do better playing in a lower divison he would be a starter I feel sure.

The Coach has stayed on but I think most feel this will be the season he has to get things done. He has been with the for about 13-14 years, as a player, an assitant coach so there is some loyalty that another coach might not have.

It will be interesting to see how 2008 ends up.