Armada FC of Seattle - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by TominBallard, Aug 9, 2007.

1. TominBallard

TominBallard Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hi, I'm new around here.

Anyway, I posted this on a thread, but it's a long thread and I wanted some feedback on my idea for a name for a new MLS team here in Seattle. Below is what I originally posted. Thanks, tom

---

First, I think no matter what, the Sounders colors have to remain. Aqua, Green, and White...

Here's my idea:

Armada FC of Seattle (AFCS) - The words "The Sounders" would be in a ribbon at the bottom of the crest to not only acknowledge Seattle's soccer history, but "The Sounders" is what we call the Armada players, Armada fans and the people of the region. As with a number of ships form an armada, the "Sounders collective" of players and fans also form an "Armada." I think it's great for unity between players and fans.

Other reasons, the name Armada would represent the Navy and seafairing industry/recreation in this area. Plus I think it sounds powerful.

I think that the MLS Seattle team should have a slightly different image than the Sounders because this is a new era for Seattle soccer, but we shouldn't completely ignore our history with the sport.

I think we can have our cake and eat it too.

2. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lose the FC and it's as reasonable as Steelheads, Rangers and Admirals I guess.

Don't get everyone's infatuation with FC. We cut our umbilical with England over 200 years ago.

3. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it can't be any worse than Clash, Wiz, and Burn were.

Just don't see a name like that happening though... we don't have any that I know of at top level that deviate from <city name - something>... except maybe Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim I guess.

4. mabersold

mabersold Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Seattle
    Sure, why not?