Arie Haan signs with Perspolis

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Aria-IRAN, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Aria-IRAN

Aria-IRAN Member

Nov 11, 2004
    PERSIAN GULF
    Arie Haan signs with Perspolis

[​IMG]

Mansoor Ansari

PFDC - Tehran, Arie Haan arrived in Tehran Tuesday morning and signed a contract with Perspolis Tehran after his meeting with Perspolis boss, Hassan Ansarifard. The term of the contract is said to be for 18 month but the amount is kept confidential.

Arie Haan's responsibilities will include supervising the youth development through Perspolis youth teams. Teo De Jong, Haan's assistant with China's national team, will be his assistant in accomplishing his tasks with Perspolis.

In a press conference today, Haan said he is aware of Perspolis popularity and is very happy to have the opportunity to lead this team returning to it's glorious days once again. "I am confident that the management will provide the necessary means to accomplish our goals here", he added.

He compared the style of Iranian football to that of Dutch style as an ambitious and attacking type of football, and promised to emphasize on such style. "Iran has high potential in football and your players in Europe are a good witness to such fact. I am going to take advantage of this potential to raise Perspolis to higher ground", said the Dutch man. He predicted Iran to advance to second round in upcoming world cup with this level of talent and potential.

Arie Haan will return to Holland tonight and will return on mid February to take over the head coaching job.

SOURCE : PERSIANFOOTBAL

---------------------------------------------------------
    The Persian Gulf

2. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Good luck to Perspolis. Haan was quite forgetable when he coached China. He's a much better player than he is a coach.

3. BennyNL redded

BennyNL redded Red Card

Dec 21, 2005
    Rotterdam
    How do you mean? China missed the WC because of 1 missed penalty in the last match.

(From what i remember China had to win with a 8 goal difference and won with "only" 7-0..because your captain missed a penalty.)

4. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    a good coach!! glad to see him in Iran!

5. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Arie Haan or Jose Mourinho, as long as Ali Parvin is around, Perspolis can only pray and hope for a miracle.

6. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Did you hear Haan's other comments, he said technical director (Modir fanni) which is Parvin's role has no importance to him, and once he arrives he will get rid of the position. I think Parvin will be very pissed.
    I hope he doesn't f*** things up.

7. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Good luck to him. I just hope he fully understands his responsibility to the great fans of Perspolis that he MUST succeed. Failure is no option, under the guiding light of Ali Parvin, I feel good about the future of Perspolis. Actually, Perspolis has a chance at championship if we put together an unbelievable winning streak. There are 10 games left of the season, Perspolis needs to collect 25-27 points to have a chance to win the championship. That's a tough run, we are 2-0 right now, we just need 9 wins out of 10 lol :)

[​IMG]

8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What has Perspolis achieved this season under the guiding light of Ali Parvin?

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I hope he can do a better job than previous foreigners!

10. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco
    Have you guys read today's papers? It is crazy! They are having an uprising over there against Haan's appointment! Check today's headlines from Iran and you'll see.

I wrote a little about it here:

http://www.lastkick.com/?p=660

11. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    first, the season is not over and we don't have a star studded team!! (I was surprised to see Oladi was loaned), and don't please believe that with a new coach, everything changes over night. Ali Parvin's career and record speaks for itself, specially at club level. Besides, Parvin's contribution is way beyond just what we see these days. It's a rather long story but he carried Perspolis on his back. We can't continue shafting the old timers once we think they are done. He and many others like him deserve our respect even when they are not doing so well, even if we assume that he is not a qualified coach, which I disagree cuz coaching has many different elements, Parvin has much richness in some areas while lacks in others.

anyway, back to this season :), it's still wide open, even PP has a slight chance.

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Does Arie Haan take over Perspolis today or tomorrow? Any updates?

13. Afshin

Afshin New Member

Jul 11, 2005
    San Francisco