Argentinos in England (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by soccer krazy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentinos in England

Estudiantes' keeper, Mariano Andujar is also wanted by Newcastle, it's said that it could be a done deal soon.

3. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  4. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Es un señorito inglés

Fabricio Coloccini ya tiene destino: Inglaterra. El central del Deportivo La Coruña arribaría al Newcastle. La cifra sería superior a los 10 millones de euros.

More...

5. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What's the deal with that Bruna kid? What's his position? Was he playing in any club of Argentina?

By the way, Di Santo scored the other day for Chelsea in a friendly against some chinese club, also Tevez scored for Manchester United. Interesting to see that Newcastle seems to be willing to sign players from Argentina.

6. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  7. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

hopefully more successful than our last 2 Argentines Bassedas and Cordone ;)....although we are no strangers to buying South American players (Solano, Asprilla, Gavilan, Cacapa etc)

How do you think Colo and Jonas will do? Jonas has looked great so far in pre-season.

It`s good to see more clubs buying Argentines now with Tevez, Masch, Insua, Arca, Leto,Di Santo, Hugo Colace (Barnsley), Mauro Zarate (last season). Still a lot of issues with work permits unfortunately

8. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Leto's work permit expired so Liverpool gave him on loan to Olimpiakos. Was there anyone else with work permit issues?

I haven't been following NUFC lately but i think they can do well in there and hopefully they will. They've been good alternatives for the national team. I'd want Jonas to get more attention.

9. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It's a real shame that Aimar never went to Newcastle

10. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

impressive debuts from Colo and Jonas especially today against Man Ure. Colo had a little bit of a shakey start but settled in well later on. Jonas was immense and he really works hard for the team

Expired? I read Leto apparently was found to have a fake passport and when Liverpool made an application for the subsequent work permit he obviously didnt meet the criteria.

I don`t recall any current Argentines having work permit issues .......as all but Tevez I think are on european passports.

yeah we`re still after a playmaker and I would have been happy with Aimar. His injury record wasn`t too impressive though.

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Oh, in here they said they gave him away on loan because it expired, and to what i know the fake passport issue, was providing passports to people going to Italy, though Leto may have got one of those. There was an agency that supposedly would provide passports, but in the end it was found out that they were fake.

12. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Man Utd's Tevez backs Argie pair for Newcastle success

August 17, 2008

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has backed Newcastle United's capture of his Argentina teammates Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini.

"Coloccini and Jonas are two excellent signings for Newcastle," Tevez told the Sunday Sun. "As Argentinians, I know them well, and I believe the pair of them will be great to watch in England.

"Fabricio has got a lot of experience playing against big clubs and is very difficult to get the better of, especially in the air.

"And Jonas possesses enormous talent and great energy.

"I am really happy about the arrival of more Argentinian players in the Premier League. It demonstrate the status of Argentinian football in the world."

13. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Is Jonas` best position left wing? or right? I did`t see him much for Mallorca last season.

Just a debate going on now with Newcastle fans ;)

14. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  15. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Jonas started for Newcastle last night for the first time since his injury with Argentina.....played very well but tired in the 2nd half understandably.

16. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  17. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  18. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  19. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Collocini scored the winning goal for Newcastle yesterday,...

22. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Man him and Jonas should leave and go to a premier team

23. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

not sure who would take Colo.....been pretty abysmal. Maybe he still has some reputation left in La Liga though.

Jonas was great for the first 2 months of his debut season.....but for all the dribbling/attacking runs he makes he has no end product......he had very few assists. He cannot cross a ball to save his life.

24. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

pablo zabaleta is starting for manchester city today...i haven't see much of him since he moved to england, but it will be good to watch him before he plays against peru