Argentines who play for other national teams: would they make Argentina's squad?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, those younger players most likely will not be part of Copa 2015, and if Tata fail miserably like Batista then we could possibly have a new coach and the likes of Tevez and Lavezzi will be removed from the squad. Vietto has stated many times he'd love to play alongside Messi, I dont think he'll be playing for Italy.

2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Munoz can be very important for the NT, as right now I only see four or five young centerback prospects: Pezzella, Musacchio, Lopez, Magallan and Munoz. Important to groom them for international play, as it's doubtful that all of Garay, Otamendi, Fazio and Fernandez will be in top form by the next WC.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fazio is terrible and should not be considered national team material. Garay and Otamendi will probably be out CB's next couple of years. Let's wait and see what happens, who knows who will pop up.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Iturbe has decided to go back and represent the Paraguay NT. I had always stated that there was always a chance in the last couple of years since he never improved.He had no chance with Argentina and wanted to play futbol at the senior level.

Not to mention, his parents are Paraguayo and he left Argentina as an infant. It would've been similar to Higuain playing for France(And I wish he had :D.)

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So you would have liked to have never made the semis in 28 years?

Pipiolo repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think you mean 24 years. We would've won our first World Cup in 28 years if he didn't decide to kick the ball like a little girl against Germany.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

And we wouldn't have made the semi if he didn't score a sensational volley against Belgium- so it would have been 28.

i love how you criticize Higuain without shame, yet where's your criticism of Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, and your favorite Carlos "the butcher" Tevez

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just look in the fear in his eyes right before he takes the penal. He wants to no part of it.

[​IMG]

http://www.t13.cl/videos/deportes13/video-conoce-las-8-formas-en-las-que-higuain-pudo-errar-el-penal

[​IMG]

Gaucho, I am obviously trolling, you don't have to come in and defend Higuain every time I take a crack at him.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What about your boy the butcher vs Uruguay in 2011?

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank goodness we had Tevez to take the crucial PK v Colombia in 2015 or else we wouldn't have made the semis in the CA.

Right RG?

But Alario, I like the kid, lets hope he'll become something better than Higuain, then again that isn't too hard to do.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL Tevez has one of the worst goals to games ratio in the history of the argentina NT. Also, a copa america has nothing to do with a world cup. Your idol Tevez should be in jail for all the players he's injured- and lets not forget the criminal elbow to Romero on Sunday, yet another foul not called- at least this time, he didn't put his opponent in the hospital.

Not hard to be better than Higuain? He scored 121 goals for Real Madrid, and 80 for Napoli. He's already broken most of the records of your other idol (another criminal) Maradona... If Alario has that kind of career, I'm sure he'll be more than thrilled.

Good luck Sunday, you'll need it without a coach after Tevez and co. ran el Vasco out of town.

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Poppycock RG.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

14. elhichcoc

elhichcoc New Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Club:
    Ottawa
    the argentinian conca in brazil ;)
    [​IMG]

15. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Funny how that turned out, 10 years down the line.

Anyway, I hope for you guys that ignoring Icardi will not result in him picking Italy instead.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina will always be the #1 option for players. Players who represent other countries do so because they weren't good enough for Argentina.

As for Icardi, he has already been called up and played in a World Cup qualifier. So, there is no chance of him to represent Italy.

Cariverplate246 repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mudo Vazquez has recently stated that he wants to play for Argentina. He has played for Italy in the past, in friendlies but just a few days back he stated that the reason was that Tata had basically closed the door on his inclusion to the seleccion. He says he feels Argentine. He is still eligible since friendlies do not lock you in.

He and Dybala are good friends and they were dynamic together at Palermo. Bauza has stated he is one of the players he is looking at. He would be a much better option than Pastore, IMO.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well now that he retired prematurely after an unsuccessful career in the smoke industry, I guess we should change the topic of the thread... Osvaldo --- will he make it in the Argentine music scene, or is he better off abroad? Or will 5 "fat guys in business suits" set out on a mission to crush his nephew's dreams again, forcing him to find yet another profession to fail at?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned.

SupaMario and RiverGaucho repped this.
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kinda strange that both Johnny Depp and Dani Osvaldo have lost their god damn minds at the same time. Maybe, just maybe, they are the same person....

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Osvaldo really did crash and burn like no player i can remember. I mean can you believe this guy actually played for the italian national team? That just a few months ago Boca hailed his return to the club as their star signing? That this guy actually played for Juventus? And Inter? Its laughable really. He also just digs his own grave by adding the part about being a musician. Just go retire and go away no need to give any more details.

But damn did I enjoy the ride. Never enjoyed player so much. Can we just enjoy this a little bit more:

SupaMario repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :ROFLMAO:

Way too accurate

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL apparently Italy was trying to call up Papu Gomez for their NT

http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/Papu-Azzurro_0_1681032064.html

How much has their talent pool deteriorated that they need to call up second-rate foreigners like Paletta, Osvaldo, and now Gomez? Anyway, seems like FIFA will be blocking this one, but I still remain surprised at how low Italy sets the bar nowadays.

SupaMario repped this.
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's hope Bozo disappears and Vasquez gets his chance though.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #224 SupaMario, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    The tanos are indeed shameless in their approach. Have a bit more dignity, Dybala I get, the kid is a star, but Papu Gomez? :ROFLMAO:.

They still have a great defense, but the days of Baggio, ADP,Totti and would even kill for a player like Bobo are all but over. It perhaps has to do with the league is being dominated by foreign born players. I am not sure there is a cap on another of foreign born players on each team anymore. But it is indeed surprising, A country that is crazy for the sport, have a population of 60 million, has 4 stars on their shirt and resort to calling up Argentina/Brasilian rejects?

locoxriver repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, looks like Fazio is trying to hint at Bauza in calling him. During the Sub 20's, I was a fan, mostly because of his height. He never got it going, and he was quite poor in England. But recently, since he has moved to Roma, he has been a different player(From all the reports). Maybe the league has helped him, since it is not played as fast. Bauza was at the Roma game a few weeks back. I am not sure if Bauza spoke to him, because the rumor was that he went to scout Perotti(Who got injured 20 minutes in, shocker, I know, and Paredes).

http://www.football-italia.net/98374/fazio-i-could-play-italy

Unlike Papu Gomez(Who is actually having a good season in Italy), Fazio can play for Italy, even though he had played in the Sub 20's for us. Similar to that muerto Paletta. Papu Gomez recently stated that he was unable to because he played for us at the Sub 20's(And I am assuming he has no lineage that goes back to Italy).