Argentine Primera US TV Rights

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by danielmak, May 14, 2010.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes what is the deal huhe888... Is it just River and Boca matches they are showing? Or will other Primera and B Nacional games be aired?

Considering most of Goal Tv's programming consists of reruns barca or real madrid games, i hope we get to see more game from argentina

2. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    GOLTV U.S. will have Boca and River matches during the regular season.

Deal runs through June 2014.

TyC Sports USA still has the rest of the Primera matches.

3. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    :).

4. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Re: GOLTV (U.S.) adds Futbol Argentino - Boca and River matches

It's about time. This is the best news I've seen all year. Ever since FoxDeportes started leaning towards more Mexican programs, it went down the toilet.

5. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Hey you guys, do you think it would be possible to get american satelite tv with these channels in the uk so i can watch it??

Every game im banging my head against the wall trying to get a stream so would be a dream come true if i could get it

6. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007

No.

Premier Sports is the rightsholder of the Argentine Primera in the UK market. Almost every Boca match is shown live or on short delay on Premier Sports in the UK.

BSkyB Channel 433.

http://www.premiersports.tv/

Premier Sports is run by the same people that ran Setanta Sports UK into the ground.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Makes sense considering what we've heard months ago about GolTV wanting to get into argentine football, nowadays in Argentina they show tape delays of both first and second division matches but they want to get live matches of either league or international cup matches. Their problem in Argentina is that AFA, don't recall exactly why, isn't too bond of giving them the rights even if they pay what they're asking for and that some pay TV services aren't carrying it yet(in Argentina it's a free access channel, with a digital set top box you can watch it, it even has OneSeg feed!).

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Forgive my ignorance, but isn't Gol TV Enzo's channel?

That would explain why they got the push for River and Boca matches.

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, it is.

Premier Sports is showing Vélez-Colón on Monday, I just checked their site, and apparently showed Liga-Vélez last night.

EDIT: My bad, Vélez-Colón is a tape delay, but next week Colón-Racing will be live on Saturday(No wonder the the site main colours seem to be red and black) and Boca-Banfield on Sunday.

10. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nice to see you back!!!!

11. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    Premier Sports UK (BSkyB Channel 433) will have Godoy Cruz vs Boca Juniors live on Sunday.

12. huhe888

huhe888 Red Card

Oct 3, 2007
    GOLTV (U.S.) will have Boca vs Banfield LIVE and in HD next Sunday December 4 at 5pm ET.

"Marcelo Araujo" did NOT call Godoy Cruz vs Boca for Futbol Para Todos on Sunday, allegedly because he does NOT want to fly to Boca away matches.