Argentine Primera US TV Rights

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by danielmak, May 14, 2010.

1. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    I'm wondering if someone can help me out with the time of TyC games since DirecTV's on-screen guide is rarely updated. If you click on this link and then the Grilla Semanal International link, you will see a grid with times. How do the times listed translate to Eastern time in the USA? So, 20:00 on this grid equals what time in the US? Thanks.
    http://tycsports.com/global/programacion.php

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Re: Help with TyC schedule (Time difference with USA)

Eastern is 1 hour behind Bs As time. So that makes it 19:00.

When in doubt, you can always Google for the time in Bs As and compare it to your local time ...

3. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina Primera US TV Rights

Did Fox Sports lose the TV rights? i know they normally only have 1 game, but i was going through the schedule for next weekend to see if they would be showing the boca match, and nothing is listed.

Does anyone have any info on this?

where i live i can't get direct tv (apartment in the city) so i am stuck with comcast cable ruling out tyc sports. :mad: :mad:

Or is it possible that ESPND or Gol TV or something picked that sunday game up?

4. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentina Primera US TV Rights

you can always watch it on JustinTv.com. I have no idea about the tv rights, nor as to WHY you would want to watch such a sorry and smelly team but I hope that helps.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Illrod3 he didn't mention anything about wanting to watch riber. The past couple of years Fox usually didn't start broadcasting the AFA games until two to three weeks in to the torneo. Just to be sure I emailed FSC and asked. When I get a response or find something else on the interwebz I'll post and let everyone know.

6. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Ever since they moved the production or control from Argentina to Mexico, of Fox Sports, for the North American market it has been TOTAL SHIT!

It might be great for the Mexicans but for the Argentinos and South Americans in general it's just complete garbage.

Just my garbage opinion.

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

So will FSC still be showing the matches every week or not? I couldn't find a thing online saying either way. The only place I found that is a definite is Direct TV / TYC which I am now in the process of convincing the wife we need over cable.

8. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

its not just south americans- most central american people don't give a crap about mexican league but they love the AFA.

plus any casual fan is much more likely to watch a game when they see names of famous clubs like boca, than the two giants of world football like Monarcas v Queretaro :rolleyes: which is the game FSE is showing next weekend. making it worse is that they are showing this live at 1pm then at 8PM they are showing a replay, the same time boca is playing.

the mexican league is just such crap. there is no atmosphere and the stadiums are 70% empty if chivas or america aren't playing

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The whole deal with Fox got messed up when Grondona changed the rights to the Govt sponsored Futbol para Todos. Fox would broadcast one game and TYC the next 9. Since then it's been a royal mess. I've stopped following the league on tv and now follow it thru the online newspapers. It's a sad and unfortunate thing. DirecTV is the only real way to get to see Argentine soccer. Unfortunately you don't get to see the Classico of the week, which is transmitted via Fox. But you can get Fox on DirecTV anyway.

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yes but unfortunately Mexicans don't give a crap about Argentine Futbol and prefer to watch their crap league. Mexicans are probably 95% of the total immigrant population in this country and therefore we are subject to their wants and desires. :eek:

11. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

But is Fox even going to bother showing the match of the week? As it is they make no mention on the site whatsoever.

12. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

but yes this futbol para todos crap completely butchered the tv rights situation.

while the argentine league is practically impossible to find on TV, gol tv shows the uruguayan, colombia, and peruvians leagues :rolleyes:

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Maybe this means that the rights are on the selling block. Maybe someone with vision picks them up and we finally get it back on TV. Hopefully someone that Fios carries.

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I would have to think that is due to the rights being considerably less expensive than those of the AFA/Primera.

15. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

So is there any reliable online streaming source where I can catch the Boca games?

Justin TV doesn't seem to be reliable. Sometimes the Boca game is shown, sometimes the link doesn't work.

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

More often than not you can find the Boca games. After I get done doing some yard work I'll post some links to where we can find the games in the event the AFA and FSC don't get their shit together. As I posted earlier when I get some response from Fox I'll let you all know what they say.

17. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

also i believe you can watch the games live on canal 7's website:
    http://www.tvpublica.com.ar/tvpublica/

but yes it would be nice to watch these game on a TV, in HD would be epic

18. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It may have ruined it there... Also evidently there's no interest if nobody wants to carry it. Now it's interesting that you mention GolTV because Francescoli was play-by-play analyst on World Cup matches on TVPD.

Actually that stream is SD, and last season it got saturated whenever there was a match. What i don't know if the matches will be in 1080i or 720p, in the World Cup they were in 1080i, however i heard that in Brazil when they began with this standard they found out that 720p was a lot better for football than 1080i. The OneSeg feed is 480p obviously.

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I heard back from FSC and they will definitely not be televising any AFA matches due to not getting a deal for the TV rights worked out. As of yet I have not heard of one of the other networks buying out the rights. From what I have also found out is that TYC on satellite will only be showing a limited amount of matches. Andres can you confirm just how much of the Primera will be aired on TYC in Argentina.

20. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

TyC in argentina doesnt show primera games anymore. Its all on canal 7 now.

Damn fútbol para todos.

21. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

So Justin TV is the only option in the US?

22. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

there are plenty of websites you can check out like rojadirecta and atdhe.net

but this is just a complete travesty. this futbol para todos nonsense is not only costing the government millions but its ruining the foreign tv rights.

i just spoke to a guy at foxsports espanol and he just told me that they had originally dropped the rights because of the government's demands, but now that may not 100% be the case, but it is certainly a lot harder than it used to be before the k's stuck their hands into this situation.

he told me to call him back in a week and he would have a definitive answer. there is a high demand to show the league here, but it seems like the asking price is just too high and fox is not happy with how things went down last year

it was always inevitable this would happen when they bought the rights last year

23. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Do the folks down there know how much money they can earn by making the Apertura accessible in the US?

Hell, I will even pay to see a proprietary streamcast... is there any business sense at all down there?

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Maybe they wouldn't make much money in the US compared to Europe. After all it isn't like United States is the first place outside Argentina where there's interest for argentine football.

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The rights of Argentine soccer in the Americas belongs to Fox Sports.