Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

2. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The new club de amigos :)

upload_2019-11-15_19-29-57.png

cigar_city and Milan05 repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cant watch this game due to travel, nice to snacthed a win, even if a sloppy one . Everytime we actually played better agains them, we usually lose instead.

Burr repped this.
  4. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bar some very risky possession play at the back, especially in the beginning of the match, the whole game was a step in the right direction. We didn't play stunning attacking football but was way, way better than Brazil. In the end the margin of victory should have been bigger.

What I liked, which hasn't always been the case, was the intensity and work-rate from all players. They REALLY want it, great to see. I've never been Tagliafico's biggest fan but his hard sliding tackles in quick succession in the 2nd half shows what he is all about. Ocampos is really becoming a solid option for the starting lineup. We need pace and people who can do something 1v1 (apart from Messi). Lautaro very good again, is he ahead of Kun now? Seeing as it looks to be Messi +1 upfront, not a trio. Messi was fired up and our best player. Just wished he would have passed to Lautaro after that run in the 1st half, instead of going for goal (easy to say when I know the outcome of course...). Our CBs are still my biggest worry. Romero and Lisandro Martínez (especially) should have been integrated by now. When isolated, both Otamendi and Pezzella looks scared as shit and are accidents waiting to happen.

BTW did anyone else get Pato Abbondanzieri flashbacks when Andrada played that beautiful pass to Tagliafico? Wonderful to see. I am not able to see alot of the Superliga so didn't know he had that in his locker.

cigar_city, Burr, barcaq8 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi should strike his penalty with more force.. it looked like half ass attempt, even the follow up tap was very casual.

6. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Finally saw the match, and I loved what I saw from the players. Heart, disciplined, and passion. That's the kind of attitude that I want to see and big credit to Scaloni for instilling that fight in the players. Messi is becoming more of a leader that I want to see. Ocampos is a revelation. Great game as always from De Paul and L. Martinez. Paredes shaky in the first 10-20 min. as always but gets better. Still think that Lo Celso's best position is not the LCM but as a CAM/SS , which is the position that Messi is playing right now. We could and should have scored more but I'm more pleased with the performance.

The concerning part for me is the defense as I feel the defense will make an error or two in every match. Armani will most likely be the #1 and I would like to see Quarta paired with Otamendi (I don't think Scaloni will pick Romero and Lisandro Martinez in his Copa 2020 squad). Also, it's a toss up for me between Foyth and Montiel for RB as Montiel has the advantage of playing and training with Armani and Quarta which is extremely valuable at international level. It's going to be interesting what Scaloni will do when the River Plate players come back.

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  7. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    According to TyC, this is the rumored lineup vs Uruguay with Messi and Aguero already confirmed to play.

---------------------Andrada
    Saravia---Pezzella---Otamendi---Tagliafico
    ---------------------Paredes
    -----------De Paul----------Acuna
    ----------------------Messi
    ------------Dybala----------Aguero

8. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Might as well slap on a third and or even fourth star on our kits.

cigar_city and Burr repped this.
  10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For real though what in the world was the keeper thinking?

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How many more times can a keeper possibly ******** up on the same play?

Burr repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Batalla, says hold my Quilmes.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Imagine the entertainment value in seeing Pipita go one on one vs this guy :D

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We don’t say that man’s name around around these parts anymore.

Albiceleste2010, Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  15. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    You are hilarious.

Indeed, it was a friendly and Brazil didn't look too interested but still great game from our team after the initial 10 minutes.

Looks like Scaloni wants to go with Pazzella-Otamendi veteran CB pair for the qualifiers. Hopefully he rotates in Quarta and others as they have much higher potential.

Lo Celso looks a little lost out there in the CM role. I would prefer Acuna against stronger teams. Palacios definitely my #1 choice here when he is available. Lo Celso is probably more comfortable in CAM role but we don't have room for that in this lineup.

Foyth looks strong defensively except for his 1 or 2 blunders per game. Hopefully with experience, these will go away and he will be solid. He really helps solidify that right side and allowed De Paul and Ocampos space to move forward without getting caught.

Looking forward to seeing Dybala play today.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are trailing 1-0 but we aren't playing bad. Kun has been pretty worthless though.

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Cavani seemed to be offside on their goal.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kun scores, 1-1. Great set-piece.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Suarez scores on a FK. Trailing once again 1-2.

21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Funny how are free-kicks seem to always be taken further back fee steps while Suarez gets a perfectly placed free kick.

Also Godin did the same exactl hand to the neck defending on the other end and no foul

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our attack is great. They're on a break, with numbers, and they decide to pull it back to let Uruguay set up in defense. I've lost count how many times they've done this.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #8973 SupaMario, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    2-2. Messi scores via a PK.

Final 2-2-. Uruguay practically parked the bus the entire game. We had a very difficult time breaking them down. A few SOG but we still managed a draw. I think we were the better team by a mile but that's futbol. No real takeaways to be honest. We still need time for the CA and those qualifiers should give us that experience.

Albiceleste2010 and Rattlehead repped this.
  24. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Lautaro is such a beast he deserves credit for that

25. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The only reason to why this draw is not a win is because of Andrade. Uruguay had two shots and both resulted in goals. The free kick in particular was a very bad goal to concede. It was nowhere near the top corner and Andrada even got a good hand to it but still couldn’t save it.

Argentina should forget about Andrada/Armani and instead focus on Gazzaniga, Benitez and Musso. As Eurocentric as this may sound, goalkeepers should play in the top leagues of Europe are just plain better and face against better attackers on a weekly basis. Gazzaniga had a world class game against Liverpool just a few weeks ago and wasn’t even selected.

Albiceleste2010 and Rattlehead repped this.