Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watched Ajax beat Lille with comfort last night.

Tagliafico was superlative as usual. Defended well at corners, cut out passes, took a knock to the head and then carried on and popped up minutes later to score a glancing header at a corner. He even popped up on a break inside the box. Ole ole ole ole Nico, Nico is the chant. They love him there and he should be captain not Tadic.

Martinez played as a defensive midfielder. If he wants to become one he has a lot to learn. His passing was excellent spreading play but the passes were not under pressure. He pulled off a roulette and another set of tricks which delighted the crowd and even fired off a shot on target with plenty of venom.

But he showed a distinct lack of urgency in demanding the ball from the defence and also not moving to accept the ball by getting free. When going towards his own goal he also lacked speed and urgency. On one attack Tagliafico was haring back having been caught upfield on a Lille counter in transition whereas Lisandro was merely sauntering back.

He also needs better stamina for the role as he was suffering cramp and taken off before the end. He still has so much to learn if he does play that role. It's a question we need to solve sooner rather than later with a plethora of talented young CB's and DMs.

Personally I would let Asascibar, Dominguez settle in as DMs. Lisandro should just work at his CB role. As for Foyth I would prefer him to play DM and as time goes on slip into defence as many players including Mascherano have done. The problem is that it does not lie in the hands of the seleccion management but Pochettino and ten Hag.

Balerdi still to feature for Dortmund. I wish he would go out on loan somewhere. The coach is Swiss and prefers Akanji who is just a speedster and no way near the class of Balerdi. It's a crying shame. Balerdi needs to be playing.

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria scored twice against his former team, second goal was his trademark long range. Its weird that he put MOTM performance when his team main superstars werent there... I remember him putting dominant performance when Messi wasnt playing.

3. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand now why @Albiceleste2010 hates Man City so much. Watford losing 5-0 to them in 17 minutes. :whistling:

Aguero with a PK and Otamendi with a goal as well.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala was very good today in his first start for Juve. He played in the false 9 role and he linked up well. Had some fantastic 1-2s.

5. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Messi should just move to man city.

afar and Burr repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So... Lanzini will be out for close to a month.

Gasp... As I pretend to be shocked...

locoxriver and Burr repped this.
  7. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Aguero just killing it with Man City. First player in the Premier League ever to score in each of his first 6 games. He also hit 100 goals at Etihad Stadium.

Rattlehead repped this.
  8. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Nehuen Pérez is killing it with Famalicao in Portugal this season. They are top of the table after 6 games and he just played great vs Sporting.

With him, Foyth, Lisandro Martínez, Romero we have top CBs for the next 10 years. No need to take Otamendi and Pezzella to Qatar.

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another standout game for Dybala. He was on another level, where he gave great passes that should’ve led to goals, and his one twos were on point. Unfortunately for us, he was basically playing Messi’s role. He’ll probably be pushed up higher if and when he plays for us. But regardless, he’s started off the season much more focused than last season. Let’s hope he can keep it up and get some goals under his belt.

10. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    upload_2019-9-27_11-45-40.png

Squad for the Oct. friendlies

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Starting to get worried with Scaloni’s insistence to call up Rojo.

Enough of Guido Rodriguez also.. he doesn’t bring anything to the table

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Emi Martinez is a bit surprising, he is a backup at Arsenal(ING) but considering Armani and Andrada aren’t making the trip, it is good to see Scaloni give somebody else a look(and thank goodness it isn’t Romero). The guy even has has a a bit of an English accent, which is pretty cool.

You know, even somebody like Nico also speaks English quite well. It is probably easier to learn English than Dutch everybody in the Netherlands speaks English as a second language. Good for him for learning the language so quickly. I think this is why he’s done so well in the Netherlands, he’s immersed himself in the lifestyle and hasn’t isolated himself with Spanish speakers.

But anyways, here is Nico giving an interview in English.

As for Rojo, yeah, I don’t understand that as well. We need to move away from these players.

A bit of a shame that this is more or less a weakened side but it is yet another couple of games where players can be around each other. We know what Messi and Kun can do, so it isn’t necessary that they are called(Messi being suspended and all and now injured). It is the youngsters that need time to develop. Some more goals from Lautaro would be nice. I’d like to see Dybala play the way he has in the last couple of games, where he played in Messi’s role.

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We're lacking fast defenders , yet Rojo suddenly makes it into starting line up.

When playing a strong team, Argentina just keep getting killed easily from counter attack. Opponents always run with pace from the wing then cross it to the center , goal, as simply as that . Every goal conceided in recent Copa came from the same situation. Against, Colombia, Paraguay, Brazil , its the same kind of goals we conceided against Germany in 2010 and 2014. Against France, they even beat us easily by running straight line.

Scolani better be more aware about that weaknesses.

Burr, SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nehuen Perez has been selected among the 40 candidates to win the prestigious European Golden Boy award

Obviously no one is expecting him to win it, with names like Joao Felix and De Ligt on the list, but it’s still a recognition of the kid’s hard work and progress to even be a contender

SupaMario repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well... shit... I just checked that the team he’s playing for is atop of the league and apparently he’s a big part of the reason why... At least what the Twitter-sphere is telling me.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro was pretty wasteful today for Inter. Had a couple good chances to score but it didn’t happen. Picked up an assist and made some nice runs and linked up well but overall it wasn’t his finest hour.

Dybala also picked up an assist for Juve.

Rattlehead repped this.
  17. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Lol the u23 defense is literally better than the senior's.

18. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    I don't mind Rojo playing LB as a solid backup to Tagliafico, but I absolutely do not want Rojo at CB.

19. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Lucas Ocampos looking good for Sevilla. Scored the go ahead goal today. He has played a solid game so far and has been steadily getting better for Sevilla as he learns the system. Hopefully he can keep it up.

20. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I prefer Foyth at RB. It’s not like there are many options at RB anyway.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, looks like Poch will be out of a job soon. Not sure if this is going to bode well for Lo Celso or Coco.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala came on in the last few minutes and laid off a wonderful assist to Cristiano. Sent it between the defenders legs.

Icardi also got a CL goal. A tap in but got his first goal for PSG.

DTCrackheads and locoxriver repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Holy Cow... what a miss by Capaldo...

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ?? The epic miss by Soldano? Or did I miss something?

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca-River was an interesting game to say the least. River were the better team where they had more opportunities. We’ll see if Boca can dig themselves out of the 2-0 deficit.