Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't understand why Escalante hasn't been looked at. He played well this season imo.

DTCrackheads and Milan05 repped this.
  2. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    I also called for him a few pages back.
    Who did he piss off in the AFA to never get called up?

It's really sad we have solid players like Escalante but we waste our time with Meza and others.

soul24rage repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Menossi deserves to be called up as well. And if you remove the n and the o you get Messi.

:cool:

4. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi scored meaningless penalty in Inter lost.

He had 13 goals in 17 games one point but finished the season with 16 in 29 games in all competition.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro had a couple chances. One was cleared off the line, the other hit the post.

Rattlehead repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Slight correction, Icardi had 17 goals in all competition. Still averaging 1 goal every 2 games but most of his goals actually came in first half of the season.

Inter should just sell him and put use Lautaro in starting in next season.

Moishe repped this.
  8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Lo Celso this season.

soul24rage repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    afar repped this.
  10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another wonderful goal by Tucu. I’d like to see him on the team but that it is doubtful. Perhaps next year.

About 33 seconds in.

11. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    According to media the list will be:
    GK - Armani, Andrada, Marchesin

DF - Otamendi, Pezzella, Funes Mori, Tagliafico, Acuña, Saravia and Mercado OR Foyth (one in, one out).

MF - Palacios, Rodríguez, Paredes, Lo Celso, Pereyra, De Paul, Di María and either nachito Fernández or Meza.

FW - Agüero, Messi, Lautaro (these 3 confirmed). Plus 2 out of Correa, Dybala and Matías Suárez.

Icardi out again (deservedly, he hasn't done anything for the last 6 months).

IMO with these players our best possible team would be...

Armani; Saravia, Otamendi, Pezzella, Tagliafico; Rodríguez, Palacios; Lo Celso, Messi, Di Maria; Agüero.

Yes, I would start Di María as we simply don't have anyone else in that position. And I would start Palacios over Paredes because the latter has been underwhelming lately. Guido Rodríguez should be a starter because otherwise our midfield will be a freeway like in the game with Venezuela. I'd have rather called Ascacibar but whatever... just play someone who is a natural CM there for gods sake.

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’d rather take Foyth than Mercado. We need to build for the god damn future. I would normally be okay with taking a vet who can give you a game but Mercado has been shit for a while now.

Every single spot needs to have quality. Last few years we went in with a shit midfield, defense and goal keeper. At least that has somewhat been eradicated.

I’ll tell you what, I’m starting to get a bit excited. We have hope in players like Palacios and Lo Celso, who can give something to the the team unlike the double pivot nightmare that was Masche and Biglia. Our forwards are what they are. Defense could be better but it isn’t a complete disaster as it was in recent memory.

Burr, soul24rage, afar and 2 others repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #8314 Rattlehead, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Mercado just scares me with his overlapping runs and will never fast enough to get back to his post.

I never like Meza in almost every games I watch him with national team. I'm ok with Di Maria starting even if he's going to breakdown in QF or semifinal (if you make it). If A.Correa does make it to the final list I think he could replace ADM when he's not available. Headless chicken replacing headless chicken aint bad idea.

Midfield is looking much stronger than 2016-2018 period but remains to be seen if Scolani can really build a chemistry between the players. We still looks so disjointed in some of recent friendlies and if we show up like that we might not even make it from group stage. Parades hasnt been impressive in last many games in NT, I certainly wont start him at all.

soul24rage and afar repped this.
  14. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Since none of the key Argentinian players will play in the CL Final (I doubt Gazzaniga, Lamela and Foyth will make it to the CA squad imo), I hope AFA will have another friendly alongside the Nicaragua game to help Scaloni decide his ideal XI.

Rattlehead repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its sucks that like Zanetti, Garay has always been overlooked. He has helped Valencia to top 4 finish and in Copa del rey final, against Messi. Not only that, but he has helped Valencia to conceided only 35 goals which is less than Barca who conceided 36.

soul24rage repped this.
  16. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    For the Nth time... Garay isn't being overlooked. He quit the national team and doesn't want to be called. Literally every coach that came after Sabella gave him a call to try persuade him and he rejected it every time.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mostly agree with you here. This past season Levy let Poch bring in nothing. I always found it odd with a new stadium and all.

This season has definitely seen Poch’s buys from 17/18 really come into their own, especially Lucas Moira. Clearly Poch has an eye for talent that works for HIM. Now with that said, Spurs this past season has been in my opinion fantastic.

Transfer budget will definitely be the deal breaker regardless of whether he wins Spurs the CL or not. For a budget of $1-150 million he can take Spurs to a top tier level...sell one of Alli or Christiansen and reinvest it back into the team...scary future.

Burr repped this.
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, here it is.

[​IMG]

soul24rage, locoxriver and Rattlehead repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So who do you guys think will start against Los Cafeteros?

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Armani

Saravia, Otamendi, Pezzella, Nico

Midfield. Paredes, Lo Celso, Not Sure Not Sure

Messi and Kun.

HomietheClown repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Obviously you cant satisfy everyone when it comes the final squad list but I'm glad Mercado isnt there any longer. Icardi deserve to be left out thanks to his own antics. I didnt like Mori's performance throughout 2018 qualifier at all and Foyth hopefully will get extended playing time if we really have trust in his quality , especially with the next Copa will be at home and only a year away. We really need regeneration.

Our group is quite tricky although arguable not as hard as some previous Copa where we actually played Uruguay and Chile.

soul24rage repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm pretty sure Palacios will be starting. Scaloni is really fond of him.

The other midfielder is probably between Di Maria and Pereyra, although there's also the possibility of playing both of them and subbing Paredes instead

soul24rage, HomietheClown and SupaMario repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If it is Palacios then wonderful. The team will be able to easily transition in the midfield from defense and offense and we can hit teams on the counter, which appears to be our only successful way of playing right now.

soul24rage and afar repped this.