Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
  2. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If that article is true then maybe we can play the 4312 that I mentioned for one of the lineups that I want to see in these friendlies

upload_2019-3-19_16-57-34.png

Di Maria can play the shuttler role, which I think it's his best role, that he played when he was at Real Madrid in the first half of 2014 (when they won the Champions League). I think we look too attack minded if we go like this with not much defensive cover.

However, I think its better than the 4231 as I don't think it would suit Dybala as he can't play well in the RW or the LW, Di Maria is not that great as a LW (while he is useful as a RW), and Messi as a RW is pointless as he always drift to the center. I think the 4312 makes sense using the players that the article mentioned.

afar repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That’d be terrible. Any half-decent team would run laps around that midfield.

The only way you can play Lautaro, Dybala, and Messi together up front is by having three strong CMs, with preferibly at least one destroyer. Alternatively you could have a halfback that slips back between the two CBs while Taglia and Saravia move up to help the 2 CMs. Anything else would be horrible, especially if Di Maria is one of the 3 midfielders

This sounds more like a tactical training exercise, unless Scaloni really did lose his marbles.

afar and SupaMario repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to Ole, this is the likely line-up:

Armani;
    Saravia-Pezzella-Kannemann-Tagliafico;
    Lo Celso-Paredes-X;
    Messi———Di Maria;
    L. Martinez;​

Mercado is being considered as a possible starter instead of Kannemann.

“X” is the undefined player, but it could be Pereyra (would add more balance to the midfield), De Paul, Pity Martinez, or Dybala

afar repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    4 very attacking players is never a good idea against a decent teams. In that line up, I'd drop Di Maria or Dybala and put maybe Pereyra.

locoxriver repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh, good, I thought X was Professor X. :D

Mercado is passed it. He should only be played if a player is on a yellow or injured. He can play multiple positions, so I guess he’s got that going for him.

That’s not a bad lineup. I would keep the back four as is.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He was absolutely phenomenal against Juventus, completely shut down their attack as Genoa became the first team to beat them in Serie A this year.

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.
  8. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Armani

Saravia - Pezzella - Kannemann - Tagliafico

Lo Celso - Rodriguez - Paredes - Di Maria

Messi - Martinez

I would like to see Ascacibar and Romero called up.

9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    https://app.football-italia.net/#article/footballitalia-136006&menu=news-all

“Romero like no other 20 year old”

Genoa boss Cesare Prandelli claims ‘never before have I coached a 20-year-old with the quality’ of Juventus target Cristian Romero.

Romero is considered one of the breakout stars in Serie A this season, the Argentina Under-20 defender - who only joined Genoa last summer - having already been linked with a big-money move to Juve.

“Never before have I coached a 20-year-old with his quality,” Prandelli, who has nurtured the likes of Adriano, Mario Balotelli and Steven Jovetic in his managerial career, told Telenord.

“He needs an experienced player alongside him to help him get to grips with the pace [of the game] and situations.

“Playing in a back three or four isn’t a problem for him. if a player is limited to playing only in one way, that’s not a good thing.

"He has the ability to recover quickly and has physical prowess. He still has to improve technically, speed up his play and change his game, but he has an extraordinary base to work with.”

soul24rage repped this.
  10. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Matias Suarez really impressing in training, apparently.

From Mundo Albiceleste:

Lautaro MARTINEZ could lose his starting spot for Argentina and be replaced by Matias SUAREZ.

Despite being rumored to be in the starting XI along with Lionel MESSI, Paulo DYBALA and Angel DI MARIA, the Inter striker could see himself on the bench when the match kicks off against Venezuela. Per a report by TyC Sports, 30 year old Matias SUAREZ impressed Argentina coach Lionel SCALONI enough to potentially change his mind about MARTINEZ.

This is the first time that SUAREZ has been called-up to the Argentina national team.

locoxriver repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :whistling:

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shocker. ADM has an injury and will miss the matches.

afar and locoxriver repped this.
  13. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah its best if Scaloni just don't include him in any of his plans.

afar and SupaMario repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What kind of witch did that fool mess with?

SupaMario repped this.
  15. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Man, as much as a great player and willing soldier that Di Maria is, we really now need to look past him.

He can mess up all the momentum during a tournament.

Wonder whom we start with now — De Paul, or Lanzini, or Pity M?

soul24rage repped this.
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would say Pity is the closest to Di Maria’s style of the three.

The other alternative is starting Dybala and having a very fluid motion between him, Messi, and Lautaro/Suarez up front

afar repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lanzini and De Paul are both right footed, so probably Pity. It is a shame with ADM and I agree, he does throw us off. The same could be said about any player. We really missed Pocho during the 2016 CAC. He was excellent then had a freak injury in the semis and that was that.

Frustrating that it always happens to us.

afar repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All the injured players would be injury free once they return to their respective clubs.

Watch out Messi he's about to get some knock aswell and will miss the second game.

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, Saviola hit hattrick in first game of 2004 Copa and then injured, Crespo scored 3 goals in first 2 games in 2007 Copa and then injured. Both missed out the rest of the tournaments. There's always something preventing Argentina from winning Copa.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Crespo got injured scoring a penalty... The last time he ever played for us(I think). Then after that, we were blessed with Fatso for a freakin decade, who never got hurt during these tournaments. He never missed a tournament like how he never missed a meal. And what a shocker, we managed to win the Sub 2007 and Olympics 2008 Olympics without him.

Rattlehead repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    His scoring records against top teams at club level is incredibly poor. Look at the number of goals he has in CL after 10+ years, its very low. He's just a league level player, will never good enough in KO stage games with high preasure.

I'm just glad at least he's not part of the youth team that won championships in 2005-2008 but yea, just to think that Higuain never miss a single tournaments since he first played for Argentina in 2009, that's amazing feat in a bad way. He got picked over Icardi and had more minutes than Dybala in recent WC , its mind boggling... and he weighted 300 pound.

SupaMario repped this.
  22. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    It has already been reported that Messi won’t be flying to Rabat for the 2nd game.

He is only playing the 1st game.

On a side note, I have been reading more and more about Romero, and they are saying he could be one of the all-time great defenders like Nesta and Cannavaro, at least.

High praise.....

I am also hoping Lo Celso develops even more and learns how to make the midfield his own.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For Romero, there's no better time to proof his worth and talent in this Copa. Remember that Argentina used to have faith in new young players (Masche in 2004 for intense), but all recent managers has stucked with same core players for a decade.

Di Maria will have 3 games in 11 days following these friendlies so his phantom injury is expected. Messi certainly will only play in 1 game or maybe 135 mins at max. Atletico Madrid lost few days ago, Barca is 10 points ahead so they can easily rest Messi for their next fixture.

Unlike Di Maria, the sponsor and the crowds would be piss if Messi doesnt get any minutes in these friendlies.

24. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Rumored starting 11 (Pezzella struggling with injury):

ARMANI, SARAVIA, PEZZELLA (MERCADO or FOYTH), KANNEMANN, TAGLIAFICO; LO CELSO, PAREDES; PEREYRA (CORREA or BLANCO), MESSI, Pity MARTINEZ; Lautaro or SUAREZ

Not sure why Scaloni is not playing with a MF destroyer.

25. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--