Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Goal and an assist for Lautaro so far v Milan.

Icardi who? Dybala who?

Musacchio just scored as well.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADM is on fire. He also scored another outstanding FK along with another top-notch goal. The good news is that he doesn't have to play in the CL anymore and the league is a wrap in France. Perhaps he can take a break. The last thing we'll need is an unfit ADM at the CA.

Messi with a nice hat-trick as well.

3. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Real Betis fans not only applauding but SINGING Messi’s name:

Messi (on the entire stadium chanting his name and giving him a standing ovation): "I do not remember rival fans applauding me in this way. Betis fans always treat us very well and I'm very grateful."

soul24rage, Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    27FB4215-DCF6-45AF-A9B4-23AC5B704BC3.jpeg 7B8CA4FE-4980-4611-984D-774A228D8E9E.jpeg BC6249C9-F74D-4053-8878-E68B410D62C8.jpeg 7BD1B4B5-CA1F-4DA0-BA73-F3D67FCC8D28.jpeg B32133B9-8C13-4E29-8ADD-7D325D18212B.jpeg
    Messi:

"I don’t remember a night like this (being applauded by rival supporters), I’m really grateful for the way the fans responded," said Messi, having completed his 33rd league hat-trick. "I was just lucky that they went in and that we got the three points."

Fans’ reactions:

“Honestly I am finished with football when Messi retires.”

“If there is anyone is the universe who thinks Messi can be compared to any footballer, past or present, then they have negative IQ and don’t deserve even one of your brain cells to be wasted on them.”

soul24rage repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, @afar, we all know that Messi is great. I just hope that we'll get that type of showing in a final for us one day. Just one.

The shirt is bigger than anyone.

Burr repped this.
  6. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh yes. I just mentioned Messi today because he was even more special than his normal self.

I didn’t mention anything here, for example, after the game against Lyon. But today was special.

Also, Di Maria is playing the best football of his career right now. We need to play him in midfield and not on the left wing.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi , Di Maria & Kun delivered against France, we still lost. They need help and hopefully our midfield could help to dominate the game so we're not just hangin from magical moments from those 3.

Its a good thing they're still on top of their game and seems to be having their best season of their career especially Kun & ADM. Messi had 4 hattrick already.

Lautaro should be in Copa aswell, he already scored few winners in league, saving Inter's day. Icardi just blew his own chance away with his attitude.

8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/wev...roblems-inter-boss/1votfj8qv9mju1j4voj921rwlg

Inter boss Spalletti on Lautaro:

“However, Inter held on to climb to third in the Serie A, overtaking Mlian, a result which left Spalletti purring over the 21-year-old front man.

“Lautaro is powerful, has technique, confidence,” Spalletti said.

“You just need to look him in the eyes and you can tell he can take on everything.

“We’ve found a young striker who can sort a lot of things out for us.”

soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  9. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Otamendi is injured so he won't be participating in the March Friendlies. Now we could see a CB partnership between Pezzella and Kannemann who I finally, Finally wanted to see together.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Matias Suarez put on yet another excellent display today. He has played nothing below great everytime he has been on the pitch this year. Very few players with his technique and quality in the league.

Unlike some Chino Luna-loving individuals here, I’m actually quite excited to see what he can add to the NT.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

This is how our River residents watch their matches.

locoxriver repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey, I’m not saying to call-up Pratto, Ponzio, Martinez Quarta.. but if you’ve seen any River games it is clear that Suarez is playing at a great level and could also add something similar to the NT (technique—control, passing, finishing)

Time will tell if he’s useful with the albiceleste, but I don’t see why its strange that he gets a chance when Simeone and Correa do

13. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Line- up I would like to see -

Lautaro-Messi
    Lanzini—Di Maria
    Lo Celso-Paredes
    Tagliafico-Pezzella-Kannemann-Saravia
    Armani

14. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This would be one of my lineups for the friendlies

upload_2019-3-18_10-34-30.png

-I think the back 5 needs no explanation.
    -Sad that Ascacibar hasn’t been selected (although kinda understandable given Stuttgart's poor league position) as I think Ascacibar and Paredes complement each other well in that double pivot. Since Ascacibar is not there, Guido can play the destroyer role so I would play him.
    -I always saw Lo Celso as an attacking box-to-box midfielder so for me he would play like an attacking LCM while Tagliafico can run the left wing.
    -Other attacking 3 does not require much explanation with Di Maria being the winger.
    -For me, I think this line up gives us the most balance in terms of defense and attack.

The other lineup would be the 4312 formation with Dybala that I mentioned on page 286 of this thread post #7150.

afar repped this.
  15. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cristian Romero can't be far from the squad now?

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7866 SupaMario, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    I think we need to build for the future. Calling a 30 year old who is having a good season shouldn’t really be the way we go, especially if it is a flash season. Sure, he had some good seasons in Belgium but again our goal needs to be building a young core and aim for 2022. But since Icardi is out, Kun missed the call, and Simeone hasn’t progressed, we have to look at Mati Suarez.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We have 2 Copa Americas to play in the next 15 months. I think Scaloni and co are thinking more short term at the moment.

Achieve immediate goals and then focus on the WC. Doesn’t mean we have to have our 23 players that are going to Qatar defined 3 years in advance. The core is there, some names will change. The important thing is giving a chance to the best players of a given moment.

Either way it’s not like Suarez is being awarded a starting spot. Who knows if he’ll even get any minutes in these friendlies with so many forwards in the squad.

SupaMario repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree with you, that I don't believe Suarez will be seriously considered, especially if Kun is going to return and that Scaloni is rumored to be keen on Icardi being the #9. I am really interested to see who will play the #9 role in these friendlies. Benedetto perhaps since he's played with Messi before? Or will it be Lautaro or even Dybala...? Who knows but I am excited for the seleccion to be back in action.

I really think we are in a good position, to be honest. Some of our most talented players are in their early to mid-'20s. And the U20s right now are one of the best we've had in some time. If they manage a deep run and those players develop properly, 2022 could be a hell of a side. A blend of players in their late 20's with a core of players in their early to mid-'20s. And who knows who else will pop up.

We need to continue to build for the future, that is the only way we will ever succeed in the long run. Most players should not be able to play in more than two World Cups. Once teams begin to extend that timeframe, then you will have major problems, meaning you will struggle to fail to qualify, struggle to qualify or get bounced early in the tournament. We need to identify talent so we can replace players so that we can start a new cycle.

Burr repped this.
  19. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

According to this tweet, Scaloni wants Paredes, Lo Celso and Palacios to be the midfielders to lead in the Copa.

I believe that they only played together once vs Guatemala and I think they played ok even though it was against a poor opponent. Would you go for this midfield?

afar repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not familiar with Palacious play, but he's only 20 and I'd be happy to have a very young talented player in starting place. Footballers in their early 20's can running up and down more tirelessly and covering more space. He could be a good blend with Paredes and Lo celso , who knows.

We're getting dominated in midfield in last few years due to lack of mobility from our players. Also made us easily gets countered.

Kun can still get last minute call up. Many players gets a last minute call up and Kun easily could be one of them. Some players will get dropped if they couldnt make any impression in these friendlies.

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Depends on how Palacios comes back. It wasn't an ACL or anything like that, so he should be back healthy. But I don't know if I would play that, I think we need a destroyer in the midfield. Both Paredes and Lo Celso have great vision and long distance passing but I wouldn't want either of them having to overcompensate and lose focus of their position.

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The rumors of Dybala and Icardi switching are getting louder. The Italian papers are continuing to press the issue. Can be just nonsense and they’re trying to sell papers but it is interesting to think about. Marotta, who brought in Dybala from Palmero to Juve is now at Inter and likes Dybala quite a bit.

A Lautaro-Dybala partnership? That would be something worthy of seeing. They’d both hit 20 goals per season. But Inter needs a lot work done. The midfield is still mediocre and I would fear Dybala would have to carry the ball again. And there is no point of that. But Inter are rumored to be interested in Palacios, that would be a major boost. A few more pieces here and there, I think they would be fine and even challenge Juve.

But perhaps, the best move would be, Dybala heading to an offensive minded coach like City or perhaps Tottenham. United are interested and so are Bayern. But he needs to stay the hell away from Atlético, where Griezmann is rumored to be pushing for an exit.

Icardi goes to Real, Dybala to City, and Colidio gets pushed to the first team alongside Lautaro.

23. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

It's going to be interesting to see how Scaloni does this if this tweet is true.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala obviously more enthusiastic for these friendlies than playing for Juve. I can guarentee that.

25. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Let’s try this once and for all, for the full 90 min.

Who knows - their partnership could really take us to the Copa title.

I am all for Dybala going to Inter to partner with Lautaro, and hopefully, Palacios — especially with Inter now likely to make the Champions League.

Juventus has not treated Dybala with any respect.

Also, not a fan of Icardi at this point. He is ruining his career.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.