Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is kind of a lame trophy. I don't see why there is a League Cup when there is an FA Cup as well.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More cups = higher profits. Simple as that.

They've been taking the same route in Argentina lately, implementing the Copa Argentina a few years back, then adding the Supercopa Argentina... and now a Copa de la SuperLiga is set to begin this April.

For one, these cups have the potential of increasing fan support, which means more sales and TV viewership. Just look at Rosario Central: they've been having a terrible year, lingering at the bottom of the table all season long (2 wins in their last 17 games), yet when they won the Copa Argentina they forgot all about their horrendous form and celebrated like they were champions of the world. You see Central fans proudly boasting their title everywhere they go, but if this cup didn't exist they'd be asking for the players' heads.

These titles also serve as a way of creating history, especially for smaller clubs. Adding titles to the history book increases both the club's prestige and the market value of its players.

Then there's also the fact that if you have more cups there is a higher chance of derbies/clasicos occurring. I figure this is the one of the big factors behind the existence of these cups, especially in Argentina. You already know Tapia is salivating at the prospect of having yet another River-Boca or Racing-Independiente. I kind of wish this wasn't the case because these cup clasicos happening so recurringly really devalues these special events. But you know how it goes.. the vultures always want more.

Moishe, soul24rage, Burr and 3 others repped this.
  3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We don't need to play with a winger then. Our midfield should be Ascacibar - Palacio - Lo Celso, with three up front, possibly Dybala, Icardi and L Martinez.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont even know what kind of cup City actually playing until I read an article.

I just watched the highight and surprised there's a shootout. I thought its normal league game.

In La liga there's Copa de la liga back then which actually has been deleted.

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Indeed, he started the play and ended. I'd like to see more of that. And here is an article that is discussing his position over time.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/the-evolution-and-devolution-of-paulo-dybala-48639

-------------

I hope we make a deep run in the Sub 20's. I've always enjoyed watching the kids play. You get a glimpse of what the future could hold. We've got perhaps one of our most talented sides in quite some time. We are a well-balanced side and I can't wait for the summer.

Sub 20's is from May 25th till June 16th. CA is from June 14 till July 7th. My ass is going to be on the couch for that period of time. Try to take me off.

---------

Yeah, Kun's PK was weird. Kepa was trying to get into his head by doing weird gestures and Kun laughed and pointed his way after it went in by luck.

I am not sure a Lautaro, Icardi, and Dybala attacking core will work. Icardi drags defenders with him, which leaves Lautaro open but for Icardi to be successful, he needs to basically be a lone forward.

And honestly, I have no idea what Scaloni is going to do. I know Messi will start but who will he partner up with...? Lautaro...? Kun? I don't know.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Viggo at the Oscars.

[​IMG]

Moishe and Burr repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2 seconds into the game, Jorginho elbowed Aguero intentionally on the face.

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Dybala played decent considering
    Really very few players can breakdown atletico when they are this organized
    Insane to judge him on this game
    Even messi failed against them many many times

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ridiculous. The cross just missed by a step.

1099775727308890112 is not a valid tweet id

afar and locoxriver repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The doctors have decided not to perform surgery on Exequiel Palacios’ fibula, meaning he should be back in action in April and therefore eligible to be picked as part of the Copa America roster in June

afar, soul24rage, Burr and 1 other person repped this.
  11. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    shame he won't be available for the March International friendlies. :cry:

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to TyC Sports, Icardi will be left out of the March friendlies due to his conflict in Inter. The dumbass finally had a shot at the NT and he's finding ways to ******** things up for himself. :rolleyes:

Benedetto, who Scaloni praised recently, will surely take his spot.

The same report claims Sergio Romero, who was present in the last round of friendlies vs. Mexico, will also be dropped. Aguero would be left out again (although still not discarded for CA), while a decision on Di Maria will be made in the coming days.

Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No shocker there. I think most of us are pretty fed up with the nonsense that is going on with Icardi. He's being made a fool out of by his wife. I always say I don't care what is going off the field but enough is enough. Not to mention, he's been playing like utter shite over the last few months.

And the kicker is that he can't leave Italy because there is some type of agreement that Maxi and Wanda's kids can't leave Italy. So, if he does move it will be to Napoli or Juventus...

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmm, really? I thought this whole novela he has been creating in Inter was to force a move to a bigger team, like Real Madrid. I figured they didn't want to sell him given his role in the team, so what better way to open the door to a transfer than by getting into a fight with the coach, team, and fans?

However, if he can only move within Italy it makes no sense. Can you elaborate a little more on this supposed agreement?

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never like his wife. Watch some of her videos on youtube, she's clearly a b$tch (whore)

The final squad list for Copa still long way to go, at this point we wont know for sure who'd be there.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Hopefully Romero will never ever return again at this point. Plus I dont like his attitude on the bench in recent friendlies. He's yawning as if saying what a boring game it was (because he wasnt playing).

I dont mind if Benedetto being selected. He played similar role to Lavezzi in 2018 qualifier and we always need to that kind of attacking player who will drag defenders away so Messi or Dybala could scores. However, if Icardi isnt there and Kun isnt selected... then we dont have a solid #9.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7792 SupaMario, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Real are not going to get near him. And the primary reason is that she is seen as a problem. She'd probably fit better in the English tabloids but I doubt she speaks any English. She was on an Italian talk show arguing with Cassano. And when Cassano is giving you some advice, then... you know you've got some serious problems.

I believe that he's allowed to go but he clearly doesn't want to leave her behind. As for elaborating on it, I haven't dug a great into it but I saw this tweet earlier in the day. I'll look into it and see what it's about.

But I don't understand Icardi. The guy has made some piss poor choices in life. 1, why are you getting married at such an early age? You're young, wealthy and have a pick of the litter... But he settles for a washed up "model" that has three kids? Who does he think he is, Mike Brady?

Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  18. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    LOL Good stuff, SupaMario.

SupaMario repped this.
  19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean he could just leave and visit the kids in Italy, right?

Regardless I'm tired of the drama. What a waste.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is coming from Football Italia.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Icardi had been Lionel Scaloni’s first choice to lead Argentina’s attack at the tournament, given the CT ‘isn’t on good terms’ with Sergio Aguero and ‘isn’t considering’ Gonzalo Higuain.

The broadcaster explains Scaloni will ask Icardi for information about his fitness during a phone call later on Wednesday.

However, the 26-year-old’s current situation – which sees him out of the Inter squad with an alleged knee injury and without the captaincy – would have endangered his place in the squad.

Icardi has eight caps and one goal for his country, while the 2019 Copa America kicks off in Brazil on June 14.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Prandelli, who is the manager at Genoa had this to say about Cristian Romero... "He has unlimited potential. Never seen someone as good at 20 years of age."

I hope he isn't selling smoke. But if he's being sincere, it is hard not to get excited. That would a true blessing and this is high praise coming from the former Italian DT.

afar repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With current Icardi situation, it would be hard for Scolani not to pick Aguero. Im not following City or EPL but I read that he's currently the top score, topping both Salah & Kane.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's apparently some type of problem between manager and player. Personally, I don't think Kun will miss out of the CA. One phone call from Don Leo will do the trick.

A big what if... and I mean BIG, if Kun ends up winning the EPL(Finishes in the top 2-3 in goals) and either wins the CL or CA, I think he'd get a shot at the WPOTY.

Obviously, I'd rather see him win the CA.

Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kun has been EPL top scorer few seasons back and I dont think he's even in top 5 Balon list. Then again, Messi won 2 thropies & 2 top scoring titles but finished at 5th.

Some players will always get overlooked and Kun is one of them.

I want us to move on from Kun but he's still on top form just like Messi. What we're lacking in last few years are a certainly creative players in midfield & a better defence. As much as we love to criticize our forward for not delivering in big game... Messi, Kun & Di Maria all delivered & we're still beaten by France.

Now we have much more options in midfield but attack is clearly lacking without Messi & Kun as we could see in all recent friendlies when playing against a decent teams.

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colidio has been called up to Inter’s first team. :thumbsup: