Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala is 25, I would consider Neymar, Hazard, James, De Bruyne and Griezman, who are all 27, of the same generation and rated above Dybala. Also Salah who is 26. However Dybala and possibly Son are the best candidates to join those six as the best players of their generation.

Moishe repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It depend on what you count as quality. If its merely a goal, Icardi is one of best out there in last few years.

Those players you mentioned I'd say they're equally talented as Dybala but none of them are much better than him.

Griezmann scored 29 in 49 games last season while Dybala hit 26 in 46 but Dybala season was considered as medicore... go figure.

3. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Another weak big match performance of Dybala.

Told you.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another masterclass by Allegri. I've never understood how people rated this guy as a top manager... But I am thrilled, one step closer for Dybala to leave.

Good luck scoring 3 v Cholo's side.

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Neither Messi nor CR get any goal yesteray. Dybala still one of CL top scorer this season with 5 goals, only 1 behind Messi. Lets pretend he doesnt score any since 2017.

Dybala has been one of best freekick taker in recent years, scored 5 or 6 in previous season and then CR now taking all of freekicks and yesterday he shoot it straight to goalkeeper. The goalie didnt even need to move his legs to block it.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ...and this guy scored best freekick of this season lol

[​IMG]

soul24rage repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    8F9084ED-608F-41DC-8069-B573C1565C59.jpeg This is something I saw posted online. This was Dybala's hotspots.... Look where he is being played and picking up the ball.

Spent most of his time close to the bench, probably chitchatting with Cholo.

Rattlehead repped this.
  8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Di Maria needs to play on the right for us. Or in midfield.

He gets into blind alleys on the left — which he doesn’t in midfield or on the right wing.

Just play Aguero-Messi up top, and a midfield of Di Maria, Lo Celso, Paredes, and Ascacibar/Lanzini (if he can regain his form and we need more attacking threat).

As far as Dybala is concerned, I would love to see him succeeding — but it seems he has either stagnated or even regressed this season. I agree Allegri plays him out of position — but come on, there’s been too many games where he hasn’t done much.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've gotta ask, when do people want to move away from the likes of Messi,Kun and ADM? They're all gonna be in their mid 30's for the next World Cup. Do we want them to play in one more CA and that's it? Qualifiers don't start until next year, which there will probably be another CA... We need to move on... The sooner the better. We can't hang on to these guys who haven't won anything.

Pipiolo and Moishe repped this.
  10. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    We don't need Agüero at all, but Messi simply has to play and for Di Maria we don't have any top level replacement. The best we have in his place for now is pity Martínez, who plays in mls lol

afar repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi scored stunning volley but Mercado put Sevilla's back infront with cool finish.

12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That chip for the last goal.. insane. All his goals were world class.

afar repped this.
  13. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Pablo Machin, Sevilla’s coach on Messi after a hattrick. “To answer that question, I’m going to say the obvious. He is the greatest player in the history of sports. A difference maker. We did everything we can as a team but 11 against 1 wasn’t and won’t be enough. That’s all”

Rattlehead repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, he pulled a goal like Crespo & Ortega while also scored a powerfull shot with his weaker foot.

Its his 50th career hattrick & his third hattrick of this season. Being 30+ year old doesnt slow him down one bit.

afar, soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala scored Juve winning goal.

Lets pretend he never score crucial goal.

afar and SupaMario repped this.
  16. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

-Squad announcement for the March friendlies will be announced on Sunday, March 3

-Benedetto will likely to be called up with Icardi, Pity and Di Maria not guaranteed to

-Messi will be expected to return vs Venezuela and vs Morocco

-Pezzella has injury problems so he also might not be called up

afar repped this.
  17. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    "Crucial" goal against BOLOGNA. He scores a lot against these minnows.

Watch him disparar again vs Atlético.

18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benedetto would have to seriously impress to be considered, IMO. I suppose it can't hurt to see what he does considering his form.

SupaMario repped this.
  19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Dybala is actually my second favorite player.

He was excellent in his general play as well today.

When on form, he is the only one other than Messi who can really unlock tight defenses for us.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Where Dybala picked up the ball to score is where he needs to be at all times. Not 40 yards away from the goal and sure as hell not all the way on the wing. He needs to be at the center near the goal. It is not like he misses his chances when he is close to goal. Hopefully, his next manager understands this.

As for the return of Messi and Icardi's exclusion... I don't have much to say about Messi returning. For Icardi, he's somewhat painted himself in a corner. After losing his captaincy, he mysteriously got injured. I don't buy it. Nobody knew about it, not even his manager until later. He's also been MIA for last few months. But at the end of the day, he's a goal poacher and a killer when he has a chance.

The U20 group looks pretty tough. Portugal is the champions of 2018 U19's and SK appears to have finished runner-up in their tournament. Regardless, we should be able to advance out of this group with the team that we have.

21. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel so bad for Caballero. The starting goalie for Chelsea gets injured near the end of the League Cup final and then berates and fights his manager to stay on when the substitution was already put in and Willie was waiting on the sideline. Embarrassing. Good thing that selfish guy ended up losing.

soul24rage repped this.
  22. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kepa has to be sold. Disgusting behavior.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I tuned in around the 120th min mark and I went back watching what had happened. I don't understand why Sarri didn't just tell the linesman to put up the numbers and get on with it. Regardless, it was a lack of class from the Chelsea GK. Sarri is actually a good manager and it is unfortunate that the lunatics at Chelsea do not appreciate him.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Inter have looked lively since Lautaro has started over Icardi. They scored 4 goals in the EL and right now they have hit 3 on Fiorentina. Lautaro has looked pretty good and has been creating chances. He clearly is their forward of the future.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He actually picked up the ball from 40 yards out but his teammate cross deflected by the defender into his path. But yea, that's where he should be most of the time , not deep in midfield.

As for u20, I believe if they get out from the group they could go all the way. Reigning champion England (always overrated) didnt qualify after getting thrashed by Norway and Brazil isnt there either , the same with Germany and Spain. Those are 4 teams that has won it in the past. However, France & Nigeria I'd say are top contender. Nigeria tend to put great performance in youth tournament due to their physical strength.

I just watch the highlight and Kun actually put a very weak penalty but went it nevertheless. Based on the way he react , I dont think he really rate this thropy. He seems to take it casually.