Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True... but how much better is Ligue 1 than the MLS? Hell, you might even be able to make the argument that the American league is tougher and more competitive than the French.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That’s the problem, no real competition right now.

3. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    How is De Paul doing recently? Can he not play in Di Maria’s position?

4. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Angel Correa is a direct competitor for Di Maria. He regularly plays on both wings.

Joaquin Correa and De Paul are other alternatives, both have done well in Serie A this season.

5. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    No it isn't lol :ROFLMAO: people like to shit on french league but it isn't that weak. It's very likely better than our league overall.

6. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    He's more of a second striker than a winger and, more importantly, he really isn't much better than Lamela or Cervi. Calling him won't make much difference, he's just another of the bunch.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So-so. He started very well at the start of the season, has cooled off.

Level of competition and level of talent are two different things. PSG walls onto the pitch and there is probably a 90% chance that they will win. The talent disparity is a large. Lyon, OM and etc are playing for number 2.

8. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Yeah, but that doesn't make MLS an equal or better league to play. Even Monaco could probably kick Atlanta's ass.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Debatable. What, just because their league is played on European soil they are automatically superior? Yes, I must say Guingamp, Dijon, Caen, Strasbourg, Amiens, etc are quite the teams.

Look, I wasn’t trying to amplify the strength of the MLS. I just found it funny that you scratched out the possibility of calling up a player to the NT solely based on the league he plays in, but then called for a player who plays in a league that is equally as bad.

Had you proposed a Premier League player (ie Lamela) on the basis of weekly competitiveness it would have made more sense.... but come on, the French league is an absolute joke, especially when the player we’re discussing plays for PSG

SupaMario and Rattlehead repped this.
  10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7710 Rattlehead, Feb 12, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Di Maria and Kun stayed healthy throughout WC 2018, they both scored great goal and we still lost in that game lol...

We have much more option in midfield this time around than in 2015-2018, so hopefully they'd combine well with them. We all know this time Icardi would be there also, probably Lautaro too since Higuain most likely wont be a consideration anymore.

I dont think reserving energy would really matter. The team performance what really matters at the end of the day. Messi and Neymar couldnt save Argentina and Brazil in 2018 despite entering the tournament healthy.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like Modric said after beating England, all their taunts and criticism motivate us more than anything.

[​IMG]

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Scoring goals wasn’t really a problem. Defense and a horrible midfield is what cost us.

soul24rage, Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I still cringe at the thought of a high line defense with Rojo starting and a retired Mascherano as the DMF in front of them

... against France, the fastest team in the entire cup

Jesus ********ing christ, Sampa

Sorry, im having withdrawals

soul24rage, Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  14. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thinking Rojo and Mascherano at his age can handle Mbappe's pace lolol

locoxriver repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually , speed isnt the main problem. Lots of team dont have flashy midfielders & defenders but when they park the bus, not even Messi could get through.

The biggest mistake was playing highline defence and getting countered over & over. Even when we somehow took the lead, Sampa changed nothing till last minute.

afar repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, looks like Icardi was stripped of his captaincy. As a result, he’s refused to show up to the Inter side for the EL.

Not exactly making his case to make the CA team.

Burr and afar repped this.
  17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Also, Tagliafico left his side completely open for Real Madrid’s 2nd goal against Ajax.

That sort of mistake can haunt us really badly.

But I hear he was slightly injured.

A lot of our players are not in form, or fighting.

Almost seems like Messi-Aguero-Di Maria will be our front three again. Both Dybala and Icardi have had miserable seasons so far.

Defense will probably be Tagliafico-Otamendi-Pezzella-Saravia.

Mid will probably have Lo Celso and Paredes.

Goalie - Armani

Any update on how Foyth and Kannemann have been doing?

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven’t personally seen Kannemann play yet in 2019, but last year he was on fire. I doubt anything has changed drastrically since then.

Side note— in recent days he has been linked to a possible June transfer to Atletico Madrid, so he must be doing something right if he’s capturing Cholo’s attention.

soul24rage repped this.
  19. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    #7719 pipinogol, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Taglia played a pretty good match actually. I would even say he was the best one of their back four. That play wasn't his fault at all, some idiot lost the ball in midfield when both FBs were going up the field and Madrid is pretty facking fast with counters. He almost got to Carvajal in time.

I didn't watch Tottenham much today but I saw Foyth made a mistake that luckily didn't end up in goal. He has shaky moments but he's a kid anyway.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  20. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Dude, MLS is definitely worse than mexican league, which in turn is slightly worse than our league. And our league is worse than the french one.

You mock the guingamps, Caens, Dijons... well, I'm pretty sure any french would mock our Patronatos, Gimnasias and Banfields if they were to watch them. They would probably mock River losing to Al Ain or whatever as well.

We have been left way behind by the top 5 European leagues in every sense.. tactical, infrastructure, fitness. Anything but raw technique of the players.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess we’ll just agree to disagree. I’ll double down by saying the Mexican league is also more competitive than Ligue 1, but I’ll just leave it at that

22. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Tagliafico scored a header against Madrid that was disallowed with VAR because his teammate (who didn’t touch the ball) was inches offside, and yet Asensio’s goal was allowed to stand when Vazquez rugby tackled De Jong in the build up.

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think in Icardi's case, he just want to move since Inter will never be good enough to win the league, let alone the CL.

Remember that Icardi hit 4 goals at CL before they're out. After that Inter form just took a nosedive.

If its Real Madrid that scores that header, no way the ref would as for VAR.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not only should Icardi leave Inter, he needs to leave that nasty hoodrat that he calls his wife.

[​IMG]

Rattlehead repped this.
  25. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--