Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    at what time is this???

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Right now

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    at lunch hour :( .........i will watch the seocnd half

4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Scaloni has some guts...…..I'll give him that.

Or maybe he know he is out regardless, so he can be afford to be bold.

Nice looking line-up.

locoxriver repped this.
  5. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Crap start from us, no attacking play at all.

6. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Lo Celso is dissapearing. Needs to implement himself more

7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Battaglia and Paredes need to be replaced. Asascibar and Palacios are far better. No control from deep or accuracy. Lo Celso has been excellent. Saravia needed to show Neymar down the line and did get caught out once but other than that impressive and offers width.

A pity the two deep lying mids cannot move or switch the ball quickly enough.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pity Martinez :)

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Other than a Lo Celso shot, we really didn’t create anything.

I realize Brazil is a very strong, technical team — but I expected us to impose ourselves a little more.

Defense has been good so far, and midfield is protecting it better — but not really creating anything.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Saravia has been great. The midfield has struggled mightily.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess we have no choice but to call up Biglia and Mascherano again

soul24rage and cigar_city repped this.
  12. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    What is Scaloni thinking when bringing on Salvio. I just don’t think he provides much.

13. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friggin Romero.

14. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Typical. Nevertheless excellent from Saravia. Battaglia and Paredes need to work on their game. Asascibar and Palacios are better. Caseres offers more as well. Excellent effort from all. Untroubled for the most part against a full strength Brazil minus Costa despite just rebuilding.

Let Scaloni, Aimar and Samuel continue as far as I am concerned.

cigar_city repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romero being Romero.

cigar_city repped this.
  16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well aside from Armani this looks to be our Achilles heel. We don't apart from Franco have a top class keeper. Looks like defence is being reborn along with the midfield and strikers. And we look like a team again.

17. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palacios and Asascibar are the way forward. Far better anticipating in defence and far better able to do things with the ball when they do have it. Paredes is far too slow in body and mind for me. Battaglia looked rather clumsy for the most part. Next match Caseres also deserves a crack. Leandro and Rodrigo should be told they need to improve if they are to make it next time for the games against Mexico.

18. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    I thought these kids were extremely disicpline and have guts. They hung around until the ultimate substitutions happened. This was a very good showing.

19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I don't know.....we were under a quite bit of pressure in the last 20 mins or so. Lo Celso and Saravia were decent. The rest...hard to say.

No real service again to the forwards from the midfield. Our mid just cannot create anything.

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    -----------------------------Armani ---------------------------------------------
    Saravia------------?----------------Pezzella-----------Tagliafico(c)----
    -----------------Asascibar-------------------Palacios--------------------
    ----------------------------------Lo Celso----------------------------------
    ----De Paul---------------------------------------Dybala-------------------
    -----------------------------------Icardi-----------------------------------

These three impressed me for inclusion. Need to find a new centreback pairing soon in preparation for 2022 post Otamendi.

SupaMario repped this.
  21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not even upset. For what was really our second game against a real opponent, I think there were a few positives. Saravia won his spot, IMO, him keeping Neymar down was great, plus a few kicks to that clown were great to see. It also showed that Armani needs to be our #1. What an amateur mistake by Romero.

Brasil took this game far more serious, they didn't sub our majority of their stars, while we began to withdraw later from the second half.

The negative was our forwards and midfield. As I stated, you cannot play Dybala out of position, he simply does not function well, he cannot adapt. Icardi needs to be a lone striker up front. That needs to be figured out. Maybe, we play with a 4-4-2 and have Lautaro and Dybala start until Icardi and Lautaro find their partnership at Inter. We have the right names in the midfield but they're just slightly off in their rhythm and teamwork. Maybe a couple tweaks and we can get there.

Burr and cigar_city repped this.
  22. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Brazil have arguably the best team in the world, and they had a full strength team out there today. Taking that into consideration, these players did OK.

- Paredes and Battaglia are a bit slow. Ascacibar's intensity was missed.

- Saravia won his spot today. His defensive display against Neymar was great.

- Otamendi is still the best centerback Argentina have.

- Dybala doesn't work on the wing. He needs to play in the middle or not at all.

cigar_city repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets take it slow on Saravia.. Peruzzi also handled Neymar in his day, but turned out to be a major flop in the long run.

Good to see a strong option for an area we need covered, but I think it’s too eary to say he “won the spot”

24. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    From what I saw, (work limited) and given the horde of marauding MFs on the that Brazuca squad, I am happy, on the whole, with the progress of this squad, namely that they did not go out and get slaughtered. Far better rendition and display today than the a55 kicking in Brazil during qualifiers. I realize they are quite distinct, but the kids did well for the most part.They passed their way out of Brazil pressure on several occasions in the 1st half. Not creating & going forward as I would have liked, but given the youth of this squad & the fracaso qualification & WC, I'll take not looking like shite ... for now.

Battaglia, loosely translated from Italian to Criolla, means Biglia.

Lanzini, please get fully recovered soon. your spot awaits.

Banga would have been nice/useful today. Scaloni.

As long as all the subs were being made, Kanneman should have been in at the end. Bet he keeps that one of Miranda's head.

Very excited about the prospects of Saravia & Tagliafico FB combo for years to come.

Hey @Albiceleste2010 - Welcome back sir, How was your trip/sabbatical over to our side of the world.? Hopefully a memorable one.

25. Edhardy

Edhardy Member+

Sep 4, 2013
    Nairobi, Kenya
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Watched the first 70 minutes. It was a disciplined performance but IMO nothing more than that... It's still a new team that will need some gelling, but I also felt that aside from Dybala, the team could have been out there for 180 minutes and never picked a pass or made any movements between the lines, instead passing sideways and backwards until they launched a long (innaccurate) one forward.
    I might be alone in this but I think Lanzini & Messi either side of Dybala is the way to go come next year. The midfield didn't look too good but they were up against an elite side and there wasn't much being offered between the lines. The defence looks really good.