Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Barca always has down period every few years where they failed at CL, like in 2007-2008, 2012-014, but everytime people think Messi's or Barca is done, and they ended up with another CL like in 2009, 2011, 2015. THe same with every other big club, cant dominate every tournaments every year.

2 seasons ago they failed in CL but won domestic double but since RM was the one that won CL , winning the league and CDR still feels like a failure for their fans. To me Messi has nothing to proof after winning another treble 2 years ago. Moving to another league will give him new challange.

Its only the begining of the season so you';ll never know how things will unfold. Things can change drastically within few months. If Argentina qualify, we all hope Messi will arrive at the WC in much better condition than in 2014. He was basically done physically after the second round in 2014.

2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4352 Rattlehead, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    This is what I like about him. Sometime I dislike Messi for not being vocal enough in NT , at least not until last year Copa final. He used to pretend as if Diego was a great manager. If he's a strong leader, he'd have said something about Diego, Bauza, Martino and also his teammate for being incompetent.

I think its now official that Pipita has been dropped... ?

[​IMG]

http://www.espnfc.com/argentina/sto...uad-and-give-returns-to-aguero-pastore-icardi

afar repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So the seven players that are rumored to be called up from home are Maidana, Pinola, Nacho Fernandez, Enzo Perez(All from River), Jose Luis Gomez, Lautaro Acosta who both represent Lanus and Tagliafico of Independiente.

But we'll see what happens.

4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    If anybody is watching the game today, please no Mascherano near our team. He is done.

5. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Even a mascherano in his prime just doesn't fit the modern game anymore. No one uses a destroyer anymore, it made sense when you have an enganche like Riquleme in midfield but now you need box to box mids. Same applies to biglia only x100.

Barcelona making the worst mistake by not buying dybala. Watch Madrid snap him soon. It's over for barca unless they spend 400m in the market now.

Burr and afar repped this.
  6. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is the right time , neymar left barca , barca is a sinking ship controlled by impotent board

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Suarez has been ruled out a month. So, he'll in all likelihood miss our clash. And speaking of the qualifiers, Sampa could release the name of the home based players soon.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Ascacibar is practically set for Stuttgart (who just returned to the Bundesliga) after his transfer to Zenit fell apart.

His teammate Juan Foyth -who only has 8 professional games under his belt- is also likely heading to Europe, after both PSG and Tottenham submitted offers worth 12 million for him.

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4359 SupaMario, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    Great first half for Dybala. He is out there dancing around with the ball as he is creating for himself and his team and before the first half ended he scored a great goal.

Almost a second for Dybala.

Albiceleste2010 and Edhardy repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lavezzi has scored 14 goals in 20 games in the Chinese league. I'm sure Messi will be letting Sampaoli know..

cigar_city repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Salvio was injured in today's match for Benfica. He had a great game from all the reports but was subbed off around the 70min mark. Let's hope he will be fine.

Great skill and a goal in this clip.

Banega received a red card for Sevilla.

Angel Correa scored a great goal today.

Cholo subbed on Gaitan, Vietto, and Correa. Vietto was rumored to be going to Italy for La Samp for 20 million or so. I kinda found that hard to believe, 20 million for Vietto? Plus, I am not sure if Sampdoria has that type of money. But apparently, Vietto is reluctant to go because he would have to take a pay cut. Good for you, sit on the bench and get paid! Worked out for Chiquito.

Chucky scored for Shakhtar Donetsk.

cigar_city repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like the fact that Dybala goal was so similar to Higuain miss chance in WC final.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4364 SupaMario, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Two goals in the first 15 minutes for Icardi. The first was a PK, the second was a fantastic header(Something we have missed since Crespo). He had missed most of the pre-season but at the end of the day he knows how to put the ball in the back of the net.

It really boggles the mind that Juve went and broke the bank for Fatso when they could've gotten after Icardi. Dybala and Icardi would've dominated for Juve for the league next 10 years and perhaps even concured Europe.

Rattlehead repped this.
  14. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Masche with a game saving tackle....reminded of the Masche of old.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4366 Rattlehead, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    Icardi never affacted by injury or previous bad performance. I remember him missing a penalty and then scored a panenka. Dybala and Icardi should be the future of the NT from this very moment. The manager should wasting time with Pipita and Kun. Bring Kun as a sub but should leave out Pipita for good and always start with Dybala and Icardi.

I'm not sure about Masche, he had the experience and leadership and Barca as a team wasnt exactly in good shape so I dont think Masche was all at fault when their defence looks like crap.

He's still great in last year Copa for the NT, so I dont think Sampa will drop him for next year tournament (if Argentina qualify). At least he should be on the bench if not a starter.That was his trademark "Desperate" tackle and definetely save Barca from conceiding.

Icardi is less than 10 goals away from reaching 100 goals mark, he should be able pass that mark before turning 25. Yet, he only played 8 minutes for the NT which is amazing.

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is early in the season, I do wonder if he'll be able to be effective when it is deep into the season or when we're going to have to play a lot of games in a short period of time as is the case with tournaments. Masche has proven to be a liability to his club and to us. He has committed disastrous mistakes, which have led to goals. I am thankful for his service and his leadership he has brought but enough with Masche. I am not sure if he will be omitted if we qualify but my gut feeling says there could be a possibility if he has another terrible season.

-----

I forgot to mention Gio Simeone started his first game for Fiorentina and is wearing the #9. He was okay, he had a very nice header that saved and was perhaps tripped up in the box but the ref with the assistance of the VAR stated otherwise. Simeone came out recently and stated he wants to emulate his idol Icardi. Now, I do not think Gio is anywhere near that talent but he has proven me wrong. I hope he is far more consistent rather than getting the majority of his goals in a single month. He still young though and spending 15ME isn't that much of a gamble.

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I love Masche, but even I feel we should just say thank you and move on.

I cannot wait for the next round of qualifiers. Hopefully, Icardi-Dybala-Messi mesh well, and our midfield is sorted out.

Mercado has been playing really well, but I don't get the exclusion of Garay?

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Lautaro Martinez might end up in Atletico Madrid, after Cholo's side submitted a 12 million euro offer for his transfer...

On the other hand, Vietto, who also happens to be another Racing forward who Simeone took to Madrid, will most likely be leaving the club... After the Sampdoria deal didn't prosper, Benfica and Monaco now appear as options.

Pipiolo and SupaMario repped this.
  19. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    SupaMario repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    12ME seems awfully cheap for Lautaro Martinez. He has quite a bit of potential but I am not sure if Atletico would be the best fit for him. Cholo seems to have stagnated the careers of Gaitan, Correa, and Vietto. Gaitan was a regular starter with Benfica but now he appears to be on the bench. Correa continues to be a "super-sub" and Vietto went from having a good season at Villarreall to being bounced around from Spanish sides and might be on his way out again. I would rather see Lautaro at a club where he could play and continue to develop and not just on the bench.

Rigoni has made the move to Zenit.

[​IMG]

Ascacibar has made the move to Stuttgart, he couldn't look any more thrilled.

But I suppose if he adapts to the culture and learns the language, the Bundesliga could be a good place for him to develop.

[​IMG]

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The 12 million offer is actually superior to the transfer release clause in Lautaro's contract, but apparently both the player and club have agreed to reject it.

SupaMario repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perhaps they're just going to restructure his deal and raise his buy-out clause. He just turned 20 years old and has a high ceiling when it comes to potential. He definitely is one to keep an eye on for the future.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Rigoni will be replacing the injured Salvio for the upcoming qualifiers.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hattrick for Dybala. What a fantastic player. 6 goals in his last 3 games. He has played closer to goal and has done fantastic. We're going to need him in the qualifiers. I hope he can bring some of this magic to the seleccion.

Albiceleste2010, Burr and Edhardy repped this.