Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Paulinho to Barcelona for 40m must be some kind of sick joke. For how much longer can Messi carry them.

2. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Driussi had 2 assists, Paredes had 1 assist and Mammana played well even though he gave up a foul within the penalty box.

4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    DGt4TlUWsAEcI1d.jpg

Sampaoli went to Messi's house, ate dinner with him, and discussed tactics with him at length.

Both realize how much Argentina needs the world title, per reports.

Icardi rumored to be the focal point of attack, with Dybala and Messi flanking him.

Bada Bing repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Driussi with another assist in a 1-1 draw. I am not sure how the rest of our players played nor Driussi himself since I have not read up on the game. But Driussi has started very well statistically.

Krane made the move to Zenit. Now, there is a bit doubt that Ascacibar will end up in Russia.

There is a Twitter account that is a bit helpful.

https://twitter.com/zenit_fans_arg?lang=en-gb

I guess the RPL does not have TV rights in the U.S.but I believe they do show the Russian Cup on ESPN3 aka Watch ESPN.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4331 SupaMario, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Appears that Dybala will be staying at Juve. He's been given the number 10 shirt. We can only hope that incompetent Allegri plays him in his proper position.

[​IMG]

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors continue to grow that Fatso will be dropped. I just might cry tears of joy of if this is true but will cry if does get called up. Icardi, Dybala and Messi is the starting lineup Sampa wants. Icardi has stated that he's not yet 100% but is close. Let's hope he'll be fine within a couple of weeks.

Kun is also rumored to return, Alario and Benedetto will also be considered.

Romero will continue to be our number #1.

Rattlehead and afar repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont mind Kun as a sub, but Icardi and Dybala as permanent starter, then Argentina finally sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

afar repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd start Dybala-Icardi-Messi, and have Alario and Driussi as first options off the bench

Rattlehead, Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe the likes of Biglia and Mercado are injured. Mercado has played well for us but if he is out, then it will be interesting to see how Sampa replaces him. Biglia being out(If he is out) will be a massive blow for Uruguay, now they'll be forced to play 11 v 11 instead 11 v 10. Seriously, Biglia is a stiff, I know Sampa likes versatile defenders, I don't get why he would be even considered, he's a muerto.

Other players are in the midfield, Augusto Fernández might be called back, which is great news. Guido Rodríguez, Guido Pizarro, and Nacho Fernández as well might be called up. Papu Gomez, I believe is injured will also be considered(if he is healthy) and so will Lanzini.

With the defense, Tagliafico, Musacchio, Jose Luis Gómez, Mammana, and Fazio will also be options.

The likely players being called up(Outside of the obvious), Salvio, Banega(Suspended for the game v Uruguay), Marcos Acuña, Paredes, and Pinola will perhaps be called.

For the last year, most of us have yelled for a Messi, Dybala and Icardi partnership. Hopefully, we get to see it from now until the next World Cup. Alario will be given a chance too, I believe. As for Kun, I'd rather see Driussi be given a chance rather than Kun since Kun hasn't exactly been worthy of representing the selección so often. Regardless, I'd like to see Driussi be given a chance.

But I guess we'll see what the list looks like within the next day or so.

I'm actually getting excited to see the selección play again.

locoxriver and Rattlehead repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL Guido Rodriguez? Are you serious. The guy is a pecho frio and a prime example that nothing accomplished in Mexico should count as anything. Any Argentine or Uruguayan playing Argentina can go to Mexico and end up being a big star and potentially end up on the NT there. Chaco Gimenez, Lucas Lobos, Matias Vuouso, Guille Franco... Even Pavone was a massive star at Cruz Azul. Funes Mori, yes THAT Funes Mori, is scoring goals like crazy in Monterrey.

See also coaches... el Turco Mohamed is a massive coaching start there, here in Argentina he was probably the main guy responsible for Independiente eventual relegation. Matias Almeyda, clearly out of his depth at River, is a massive star and multiple champion

Mexican Football is a joke. The only player to leave Liga MX and have a halfway decent career in Europe is Chicharito. The rest flop and flock to the money of MLS like Carlos Vela and the Dos Santos Brothers.

Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The last 3 finals lost was basically down to Fatso missing those easy chances. How many times you actually need to proof yourself if you're a world cup and clinical forward ? Whether Argentina created enough chance or not, those chances were ridiculously easy and the team conceided just once in 360 minutes in those finals. Its sad that we ended up losing those finals because incompetent forward that is fatso.

I'm really happy if he's really gone for good from the NT. Otherwise, Sampa can emulate what Sabella and Martino did, reaching the final but only to have the same exact result, being a runner up even without conceiding goal.

He can setup the best defence and midfield, but with Pipita , you'd see the team very close to hit the winner but you'd end up seeing the same outcome as usual.

SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I named Guido Rodriguez as a possibility of being named to Sampa's list and this started a full on attack on Mexico football from Gaucho. I love these types of post from you Gaucho, there is quite a bit truth in your rhetoric but also the style your express yourself is humorous. You're going to be that crazy uncle that everybody has that makes so much sense in his own kooky way.

:thumbsup:

Burr repped this.
  14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course what does it say about the Argentine league that Benedetto was able to come back from Mexico and dominate. :speechless:

cigar_city and SupaMario repped this.
  15. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm disappointed that Mateo Musacchio didn't get called up. He's been excellent for us in pre-season and in two competitive games. Other than that, Ivan Marcone would also be an interesting addition to midfield.

Rulli
    Otamendi - Pareja - Fazio
    Acuna - Fernandez - Pizarro - Di Maria
    Messi
    Dybala - Icardi

afar and SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    List of players. A bit surprised to see Pastore back. Local players will perhaps be added later? Even though I'm counting 23 here.
    [​IMG]

afar and Burr repped this.
  17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pastore seems too soft for playing a team like Uruguay. But also kind of curious what Sampaoli could get out of him.

18. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #4343 Milan05, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    What are some non-European players who could make the cut?

Argentina is rather thin on fullbacks so Julio Buffarini, Nicolas Tagliafico and Jose Luis Gomez could get called up. Argentina isn't exactly packed in the centermid position either so Ignacio Fernandez, Ivan Marcone and Guido Rodriguez may also be called up.

I'm curious on how Sampaoli will line up his side in big games. Arguably a weakness of the 3-4-3 is that when playing against a world class midfield (like Germany), you can get outplayed completely in the middle of the park with a two-man midfield. That's what happened to Juventus against Madrid in the final.

Perhaps he might switch to 4-3-1-2 in that case, with a 3 man midfield, and Messi playing behind Dybala & Icardi.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All the players that are playing abroad are called. So, we're just waiting to see the local players to be called.

This is what Sampa's strarting 11 v Uruguay may look like.

[​IMG]

cigar_city and Rattlehead repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not sure what your point is, Benedetto was the MVP of the CONCACAF Champions League. On the flip side, Funes Mori was not just bad he was horrendous in Argentina, and in Portugal, and in Turkey, yet in Mexico he is a big star with a goal every other game.

Plus, I wouldn't exactly say he dominated. He flopped in the Libertadores and Copa Argentina. He flopped in the Superclasico. Just to prove I'm not being biased, to dominate a competition is to do what Riquelme did in the 2007 Copa Libertadores or what Palermo did in 1998-99 season. What Benedetto is nothing sooooo many players haven't done before. Oh, and Benedetto will never play for Argentina, while had he stayed in Mexico, he would have been called up by el tri, and that is a fact.

It wouldn't surprise me if Benedetto falls back substantially this season

Burr repped this.
  21. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vs. Uruguay its a perfect game for Acuña...

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Messi and Dybala are going to be breaking their backs having to carry their sides this season. Just what we need.

Dybala with two goals. A fantastic FK and a PK. This is what it is going to come down to, Dybala scoring on these type of goals because nobody can get him the damn ball. I do not know enough about Bernardeschi but apparently he is creative enough to help the attacking line so one can hope he will be a spark that will help Dybala. Douglas Costa as well can possibly help.

I didn't watch the match but Juve supporters were angry with Fatso, he apparently missed a golden opportunity and his movement was poor.

Out in Mother Russia, Paredes scored a goal and looks like he is playing very well. I don't expect him to be in Russia long nor do I expect many of our young starlets but I am glad he has started strong.

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4348 Rattlehead, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Dybala said Juve has “a small-team mentality.” , just like Fatso .

He also said he had to work twice as hard.

http://www.football-italia.net/108138/dybala-juve-small-team-mentality

As for Messi, I just hope he'd take care his physical condition well leading to the WC. I dont really care what he'd win with his club this season since he had nothing to proof at this point except the pointless media/fan made rivalry with CR.

I think Neymar made a good decision going to PSG, not just for the money but also in Barca the preasure is much bigger and the team is always expected to win all tournaments. Failing to win CL with PSG isnt going to make any buzz on the news. He'd receive less attention than on club like BarceloNa.

SupaMario repped this.
  24. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    If Barca continues to be run like it has, this will probably be Messi's last season there.

Just don't want Messi and Dybala running themselves to the ground, like Rattlehead and Supamario have said.

The goal is the World Cup.

Rattlehead repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I read that interview by Paulo, the kid is growing into a leader. He's earned that number 10. Him being critical of the team is something I'm glad to see and it is something I've always noticed about his character. When he's on the pitch, he directs his teammates and can be outspoken to the point where he is demonstrative and is a person who doesn't hide his emotions. He talked about the team prospering when they attacked. This sitting back BS is something that does not compliment his game.

He is perhaps at the right league and team but he is being mismanaged. I wouldn't be surprised if this last season we see of Allegri. I know Poch has a project he's working on at Tottenham but I do wonder if Juve come calling if he'll answer. As I have continuously stated, Dybala is a massive talent, keeping him caged up by being played out of position is a tragedy.

Edhardy and Rattlehead repped this.