Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Three of the top 5 all time greatest Argentine. Yet we have 2 World Cups and Italy and Germany have 4 each. Proves it's a team game, and obviously luck plays a huge part.

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why in the world would they even suggest Fakenaldo being top 5 all time? Anyone who follows football, and understands relativity doesn't put him even in the top 50. Then again these headlines are geared towards the population in fake modern football.

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4178 Rattlehead, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Out of hundreds nations, only 5 nations has lifted the WC more than once, so its never easy. Still , Argentina is one of those 5 teams.

Also, Argentina withdrew from 3 WC from 1938-1950. Italy then won the first WC and quarter of their teams were Argentine. Enrique Guaita won South American championship with Argentina in 1937, ended up helping Italy to win 1938 WC because of that. Luis Monti won South American championship in 1927 and reached WC final with Argentina in 1930 but ended up helping Italy to lifted 1934 WC. Raimundo Bibiani won Copa Copa America in 1927, also winning the WC for Italy in 1934.

Di Stefano won Copa America with Argentina and also top scorer of the tournament, for whatever reason never play for Argentina in WC.

So apart from bad luck in last 2 decades, even back in the day, there are various reasons on why Argentina has not lift the WC more than twice. Had they play in 1938, 1950, 1954 and Stefano leading the team 50's-60's, they must have won at least once or twice before 78. Argentina won Copa America 12 times before 1978, yet some of those biggest stars ended up playing for other nations like Italy, Spain and Colombia despite already won continental thropy with Argentina.

cigar_city and Burr repped this.
  4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Stefano failed to qualify with Spain to WC58 with the likes of Gento, Suarez and Kubala, so I don't know what could he done with Argentina in World Cup.

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really. Considering that the stars of the maquina would have been around in 1942 and 1946 and they were sweeping all before them in South America. Plenty I should think. Much like as in 1958 when half the team that won the Copa of 57 were not allowed to play by the AFA having moved to Europe.

Are you still on this addenda of Messi being the greatest player in Argentine history by trying to tell me di Stefano is somehow an ineffectual player ? He's a great player but he's among many other great players that have donned the blue and white.

Those who watched him like Eusebio, Bobby Charlton great players in their own right say he was unbelievable and that he could with comfort play in defence, midfield and upfront.

Rattlehead repped this.
  6. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL I don't like Ronaldo but not putting him in the top 50 seems vindictive more than anything.

Moishe and Pipiolo repped this.
  7. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No I said I don't know, relating it to the Spain WCQ58. Yes he won CA47 just after WW2 with a team that won it twice in a row before him, if that makes you happy.

8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4183 Bada Bing, Jun 11, 2017
    G.Müller was more important, scored and won more, yet won only 1 Ballon d'Or and was in that list 20th. So out of 50th is not that far when you weight Spanish referee agenda in La Liga and Perez influence on media and football in general, including Uefa draws and such which have been statistically already exposed. They got finally tough draw in many years with Bayern, and what did Uefa do, gave two reds for Bayern and two offside goals for Madrid. That's modern fake football for you.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think someone is a die hard Barcelona fan and hates everything to do with Real Madrid. Its absurd to dispute Di Stefano's quality and, even though I dislike the guy, Cristiano Ronaldo's. Ronaldo is clearly in the top 50 all time. Sure Real Madrid gets referee help, but so does Barcelona, and his performance in this year's champions league was dominant.

As for your hatred of Di Stefano, well, while he is certainly behind Perdernera and probably Labruna, the man was a genius who would have triumphed at any club in any era. Sure, Franco's influence took him to Madrid instead of your beloved Barcelona, but that doesn't mean you should hate him, hate el generalissimo.

This is an Argentina forum, not Barcelona my friend.

Moishe, cigar_city, jimmi_moh and 2 others repped this.
  10. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Want to see me prove something, then answer this question, when has Barcelona got help from referees relatively? Pick a game or something else.

I don't hate Di Stefano, but I dislike posters who go personal and argue without relativity though.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I could go on and on

Moishe repped this.
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Btw, I've never seen a team dive and cheat so much and surround the referee in a single match as the Barcelona vs. Juventus match in the CL this season. Barcelona were 3-0 and treated every decision like it was a 94th minute penalty. I used to kind of like them, but this game turned me off your beloved club forever, especially Suarez and Neymar...

BTW, I forgot this:

13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #4188 Bada Bing, Jun 11, 2017

[​IMG]

Not only does the PSG player not watch the ball, he hits Suarez with his hand and his foot at the same time. A clear penalty.

But because you're a victim of modern media influence, you had a developed delusion of the incidence and thought it was just a dive, which is exactly how I define the audience in modern fake football. Do you remember how Barcelona lost 13-14 Liga? Do you remember how Barcelona lost points against Betis this season? Did you know that referee Hernandez Hernandez alone gifted Real Madrid 8 points this season based on relative referee mistakes. Do you know why RFEF choses these refs on the tough matches for Madrid and against Barca on average? Did you know that even retired referees acknowledge how most referees in Spain are Real Madrid fans? You don't know these, because you don't follow this football enough, and you're influenced by the propaganda of Perez machine, or the modern fake media reporting.

This is what I wanted to show you personally.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good job, @afar , bringing up subjective rankings that bring nothing to the table but needless arguments. :D
    I'm just kidding... kinda of.;)

Anyways... Sampa nothing giving any blanks. Just throw the entire kitchen sink at Singapore.

[​IMG]

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  15. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wait... which way are we attacking...?

:eek:

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully Dybala score his first NT goal to give him more confidence. Forward always needs a goal to have more confidence.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Lol....just felt that we should feel happy that we have been blessed with three of the greatest ever players.

Not sure how Barcelona stuff got in here. :)

18. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why messi always need to pick the ball from deeper areas and initiate the attack . we do have enough midfielders now. the more messi plays in upper half of opponent area the goal scoring chances also higher.

19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    There were definite improvements under Sampaoli, but the one thing we did not rectify still is having the midfield create chances. We had 61% possession, I believe, but most of the time we were passing in the back.

We didn't really play too vertical. That is something we still have to fix.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sampaoli is a charlatan. He is a kirchnerista... the government that destroyed argentina. He has no credibility. If he were such a patriot, why does he worship the people that ruined our nation? Or why did he coach Chile, which for you non argentines, is a bigger rivalry than with brazilians or uruguayans (we like brazucas and uruguayos, they are our brothers, chile are mongrels of disgusting people)

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He has a pretty decent record in coaching for a charlatan and plenty of credibility. Can you leave the personal out of this. All most people care about is that the seleccion return to the top of the world.

If Sampaoli can take the team to silverware and get the youth teams functioning again that will be enough.

Yes there is a rivalry with Chile for historical reasons. I hope they lose every game and some of the rubbish they come up with especially when it comes to the Pumas is comical. But the modern coach goes where he is wanted. Samp is not the only Argentine coach to have managed in Chile either.

Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, why did Bielsa go manage Chile as well and give his blessing for Sampa while the likes of Diego and Bilardo bad mouth him? I guess, you follow into that category, eh yanqui? I'm just fooling with you RiverHipster. I love these rants, I tend to agree with most of the social ones you bring up. But hitting the bottle around 2 is a bit early, no?
    --------
    I agree, I hope Dybala finds the back of the net and we just go and find some goals. Even though it's a glorified scrimmage, it will be good to see Lanzini, Papu and hopefully a few others get plenty of playing time. I think Biglia is only playing because he will captain the team and will be most experienced player. Other than that, I hope to see Paredes get minutes later in the game. I'm sure they get more out of practices since their opponents will be a side who recently lost to Chinese Taipei.

locoxriver repped this.
  23. smd9

smd9 Guest

Isn't Sabella a Kirchnerista? Who gives a...

24. smd9

smd9 Guest

I know it's just a scrimmage against Singapur, but i'm excited for this game tomorrow.

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I wanted to see who besides SupaMario was going to boast about winning a friendly, but this post was interesting:...

By your criteria, if a coach has a good record in the collegiate or pro US league teams he's worked at but has crappy politics, he's got no credibility.

Who cares about political or ideological views a manager may have... Scolari was blasted in the early 2000s for defending Augusto Pinochet as somebody who did many good things for his country; some Brazilians thought he was praising a bloodthirsty dictator. But even if Pinochet was a hard-nosed bastard who got people killed, under him, Chile did grow.

Scolari later led Brazil to our fifth World Cup, but that was unrelated to his politics. His later successes and failures were likewise unrelated to his worldviews.

Um.... probably because the Chilean FA offered him a lot of money.

Doesn't mean he sold out his soul to the devil by coaching Chile... it just means it was a deal that brought him benefits. You make it sound as if Chile committed genocide against your people.

Some comments I've seen in this forum by certain Argentines over the more than 10 years I've been on BigSoccer makes me question if you guys do like us. But oh well, people are people wherever they're from and wherever we go.

Even if they're ugly, they're people. Besides, footage I've seen of your teams' games and of people in certain neighborhoods of your country indicate to me that there are some not-so-beautiful people in Argentina (and this happens in all countries).

You're taking this way too personally. Sampaoli didn't cheat your parents out of their life savings, bro. Go drink some Quilmes or Fernet and enjoy the fact that your NT now has a manager who at least appears to know what he's doing.