Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3876 Rattlehead, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Isnt the top 6 teams still going to clash with each other? if that the case, even 6-7 points somehow would be enough depending on other match result. Off course I'd love to get at least 8-10 points.

Colombia and Chile both still has to face Brazil. Ecuador who's 2 points behind Argentina also has to face Brazil. Some point will be dropped in those fixtures. Also, Argentina might be 5th now by we're only 2 points behind 2nd place Uruguay. The top 8 teams can still grab the #2-#5 spot.

Technically its not ibkt Argenitna that in danger of not qualifying but every team other than Brazil and perhaps Uruguay can possibly fail to quality.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3877 SupaMario, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Great goal by Tucu Correa. I can see Sampa bringing him along. He's still far from a finished product but he has immense talent. He is a bit of a headless chicken at times but one can hope that will be fixed.

Video of the goal.

cigar_city repped this.
  3. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    There are now talks of another "Copa America" in 2020 in the U.S. with a host of random countries invited.

Once Fifa/Federations smell money.....

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Which is why CA isnt prestigious tournament anymore.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    2019 is probably also going to have 16 teams with some Asian and maybe even European invitees along with CONCACAF (Mexico / US and maybe 1 more).

6. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Just the thought of Sampaoli coaching Argentina scares me.

Imagine Messi/Dybala having two ball carriers behind them in midfield!!!

I also expect many of our current players to be dropped from the squad. Guys who cant press or carry the ball properly will definitely be left out and fullbacks that dont have much of an offensive game.

Bada Bing and afar repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3882 SupaMario, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Benedetto scored a couple more goals today for Boca. Mexico was interested in naturalizing and calling him up but he stated that Argentina was his choice but he wouldn't really close the door on Mexico.

Chucky with another goal over the weekend. I am going to be interested in seeing where he moves if he moves to another club.

Papu Gomez had an assist against Juve, putting his tally to 14 goals and 8 assists. He has contributed to 40% of Atalanta's goals this season. They will likely make the EL next season but I don't think he'll be there. He will also go to the highest bidder, perhaps another Italian side, Milan and Inter are teams that need somebody like him. Will he get a look under Sampa? I would've laughed at this notion a year ago, but he has been the heart and soul of that team and the way he has guided that team, he deserves a call. I haven't really watched him play but those that follow the Serie A rave about him.

Speaking of Inter, Icardi needs to get out of there. He wasting some of his best years at a club that is not going anywhere. If Dortmund sell Aubameyang this summer, would they come knocking for him? I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up there. The little I have seen of Dortmund, just through CL play, they are nice on the eye and have a midfield that will help MI9 be at his best.

Tagliafico has been getting plenty of praise in recent weeks and is rumored he'll get called up to the friendlies. If we are going to play with the 3 in the back, he perhaps will be an option, or at least we can hope.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Why is Pochettino so low key in Argentina? I just don't understand the obsession with Sampa.

9. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the "obsession" just has to do with the fact that Sampa has openly lobbied for the job.

As for Benedetto I don't think he's NT quality, but maybe he's better than Pratto at least. :p

Would be gross to see him play for Mexico.

SupaMario repped this.
  10. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He can't. Players need to live 5 years there (regardles of obtaining the citizenship before that time, like Latin Americans in Mexico that can get it in 2 years) in order to play for their adopted country.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How did Guillermo Franco make it to the Mexican NT then, if he was only in Mexico for 2-3 years before being called up? Was he some sort of exception?

RiverGaucho repped this.
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL when you're making exceptions for the likes of Guille Franco, you know you're in trouble :ROFLMAO:

SupaMario repped this.
  13. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No, the rule changed in 2008, they only needed 2 years before the current eligibility rule, and was extended because of what Qatar was trying to do...

Now it states:

SupaMario, Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mudo Vazquez with two goals today vs Malaga... I wonder if Sampaoli will bring him along with him.

In other news, Rojo will undergo surgery and will be out for at least 6 months. Good opportunity to try some new names out

SupaMario repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope Mudo does get a look. I have talked about Dybala and Vazquez linking up some wonderfully at their time at Palermo. He would be a welcomed addition.

His goals.

I wish Rojo a full recovery. I hope he understands that he will need to take his time and not rush these things. If I were him, I would take a good full year off.

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two goals from pipita (crack)!!!!! And SupaMario would come on here to rave about icardi scoring against third division clubs. JUVE STORIA DI UN GRANDE AMORE SOLO PER TE STORIA DI QUEL CHE SARO

soccerr9 and SupaMario repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Outside of helping set up both goals for Juve, Dybala was so-so. His mid-air backheel was a thing of beauty though. He just seemed tired, he did a lot of running and pressing and by the latter stages of the game, he was winded. There was one sequence where he was nowhere near the goal when Juve were pressing for a third. Allegri for a change left him in, he normally subs him out around the 80TH minute-mark.

I would like to see him winning the CL, I believe it will be good for his career and his confidence. Juventus needs to finish off the league this weekend and let their stars rest. But, I have to say, that defense of Juventus is something beautiful to watch. The way they organize and work together, it is something else. And Gigi, seriously, how can anybody not like this man? The guy is nearly 40 and is perhaps the best goalie in the world. It is amazing, in Russia 2018, he will be at his 6th World Cup.

afar repped this.
  19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    But before his first goal, Dybala dribbled past two players and passed to him in open space. Higuain tripped himself over a blade of grass.

As long as that version does not show up for us in a final, I am fine with him playing for us.

One of the main issues is that despite his fatness, he actually works hard for Juve. He doesn't run or jump or try for us.

20. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only that version of him would be available in any final.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But wait, did you see the game Sunday, Icardi scored two goals against Cagliari in Sardinia... They lost 4-3, but Icard is a crac

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Despite playing in Europe for nearly 10 years and has been part of the CL quite a while, this was Fatso's 3rd and 4th CL goals in the knockout stages.

He missed some chances early on and it was a typical Fatso showing until the goals he scored were set up for him just to one time it. Those are the goals he can score but if he has to think about it, well, we all know,

I even expect him to hit for another goal or two next week since this tie is basically over.

He also got goals in the semi-finals of the 15 CA and 16 CAC. Let's see if he'll cost the likes of Buffon, Dybala, Chiellini the CL trophy.

Rattlehead repped this.
  24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    So right when it comes to instinctive finishing. Higuaín is a so much more clinical when he doesn't have time to overthink it. Being of an Italian and Argentine descent, I am so mixed when it comes to Higuaín. He has broken my heart too many times, yet I am truly happy for him. If he continues this way, Juve have a big chance at winning it all. It would be a great redemption story.

25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Higuaín knows 100% what he is expected to do on the pitch when at Juve. For Argentine it looks like all the players have little idea of what to do collectively. It's hard to press, close down, or cover spaces if you don't know where to be.