Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

--------------

Just a couple things from El Clásico. I personally do not care much for these games but I have to admit this was an entertaining match.

The brazucas, Marcelo, and Casimiro tried their best to hurt Messi. Marcelo deliberated elbowed Messi, which left him bloody. Casimiro who lunges in his attacks should see a red card nearly every game. A couple of thugs from the favelas who probably would've ended up in prison or dead if they didn't play futbol.

And speaking of thugs, Sergio Ramos. Okay, I understand he has scored crucial games for Real but this guy is absolute trash as a defender. I read somewhere he has picked up over 20 red cards in his career. I understand you're a defender, you're going to pick up cards in your career but over 20? What a terrible defender. And this wasn't the first time he went after Messi. I sense he tried to pull a Goikoetxea, so he could into some godlike figure for the Madrid fans by seriously injuring Messi.

---------------

Other European news.
    Another beautiful goal for Dybala. He's getting better since he has been healthy. Beautiful movement and shot. He's got his new contract and is playing with loads of confidence.

I feel a bit bad for Icardi. I read he scored the first away hat-trick since 01 in the Serie A. I'd like to see him at a club where he could play in European futbol. Maybe he ends up at Atletico after this season if they sell Griezmann but I am not a major fan of players moving to a new league during a World Cup year(That is if we go).

Another clean sheet for Rulli. I believe this was #10 of the season for him.
    ---------------
    Rojo suffered an ACL tear(I believe it was an ACL) and will be out for a long time. Most ACL injuries take about a year to fully recover. I know some people try between 6-8 months but that is pushing it. Look at El Tigre, he had tore his ACL and tried to rush back and lost a couple of important years of his career where he bounced around till he found his form again in Monaco.

-------------------

For those who do not follow the league at home, keep your eye on Sebastián Driussi of River. He has played at the Sub level and scored a wonderful chilena in the Sub 17's some years back. He has formed a nice partnership with Alario. He has scored quite frequently for River in recent memory. Both Alario and Driussi will perhaps be in Europe sooner than later.

Burr, Edhardy, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BadaBing will appear in 3....2......1..... posting gifs and stats. You're in a world of trouble ASF.

Burr and argentine soccer fan repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In time like these, he'd be busy partying all night.

4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Messi ---- general tribute.

5. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Well guys, that's it. Fressi did it. Last post with my account. Farewell!

For my next incarnation, I'll set the bar higher: score a winner against Brazil in an official match.

cigar_city and afar repped this.
  6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He already did that in 2005.

7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Lol....you don't need to change your account....it is all in fun. We like having you here.

I, for one, will be crying tears of joy when Messi-Dybala-Icardi lead us to World Cup glory in 2018, God-willing, with the final against Italy.

Rattlehead repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I forgot to mention, Chucky Ferreyra is the leading goal scorer in the Ukrainian PL, he's scored 11 in 10 games. I am sure some bigger leagues will come knocking soon, and please, stay the hell away from England this time.

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    You nailed it.

SupaMario repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That elbow by Marcello, reminds me of Maradona getting elbowed by Terry Butcher and Messi came back with vengeance just like Diego did.

12. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Major NT-tournament sf and final matches (WC, EU/CA)

Goals (Scored + Assisted + Involved)

Messi 11 (2 + 5 + 4) out of 13 team goals in 8 games = 85% importance (+ 2 SO goals and 1 miss)
    Maradona 5 (2 + 1 + 2) out of 6 team goals in 5 games = 83% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Platini 6 (3 (1 pen) + 1 + 2) out of 8 team goals in 4 games = 75% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    G.Müller 7 (7 + 0 + 0) out of 10 team goals in 4 games = 70% importance
    Pele 11 (6 + 3 + 2) out of 17 team goals in 4 games = 65% importance
    Xavi 6 (1 + 4 + 1) out of 10 team goals in 6 games = 60% importance
    Zidane 6 (5 (3 pen) + 0 + 1) out of 11 team goals in 7 games = 55% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Ronaldo 10 (6 + 2 + 2) out of 19 team goals in 8 games = 53% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Romario 4 (3 + 0 + 1) out of 8 team goals in 3 games = 50% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Cruyff 1 (0 + 1 + 0) out of 2 team goals in 2 games = 50% importance

Still waiting Messi to have the help when it matters, that Maradona got once and Pele multiple times.

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

This is incorrect. Messi's first-ever match against us was in 2006 - a post-World Cup friendly in London in which he did not score.

Messi has scored and won against Brazil - in friendly matches (2010 and 2012), but no official match-winning goals.

14. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3864 Bada Bing, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Unlike club friendlies, nt friendlies are official games as they are FIFA regulated. Messi has 6 official goals vs Brazil, first two coming in 2005 in SA/WC u20, and 4 in senior level.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You wont find better individual goal highlights in ARG-BRA match ups.

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I am aware - I was at MetLife in 2012. A great game with goals scored against our U-23.

My point was that the statement by Pipiolo (in response to Pipinogol's expressed hope that Messi will one day score a winning goal against Brazil in an official match) already occurred in 2005 is incorrect, as Messi's first senior-level match vs. Brazil did not happen until 2006.

The last Argentine players who scored winning goals against us in an official match were Riquelme and Crespo - in a 3-1 home victory in June 2005 against us in WCQ for 2006. This is the last occasion Argentina defeated Brazil in an official match - not a friendly, not a Superclássico, not a youth/juvenile-level game.

16. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No it wasn't as it was an official match. What you mean is in a competitive (senior) game.

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    In other words - the ones that matter.

18. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In senior level yes.

19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Youth World Cups matter.

afar repped this.
  20. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Rumors circulating from Brunati is that Sampa will attempt a 3-3-1-3 system with Argentina!

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    What is Maradona and Bilardo's problem? Why are they now after Sampaoli? They have had their time in the sun --- should just shut up now.

Hopefully Sampaoli cleans house --- it would be no good to have a coach who keeps on calling the same players.

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just find it funny that they're so vocal about a successful coach like Sampaoli, yet they didn't have a single word to say when failures like Bauza, Batista, Martino, etc were hired/about to be hired.

They probably aren't getting a cut from Sampa's contract or something

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  23. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Probably cause he doesnt view them as God like figures & doesnt give a crap about what they say/think.

Remember these guys are all about having some sort of influence somewhere & it seems like Sampa doesnt bow to their ideas

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am curious in seeing who Sampa will call up. I think all of us were fed up with Masche and Biglia in the midfield set up the way it was(I think we were just fed up of both of them, period). There is perhaps a bit more optimism from many of us. There is still work to be done in a short period of time. We just need to take care of our home matches and at worst we will be in the playoff vs NZ. Maybe this will give Sampa a couple more games under his belt but I'd rather just collect all 6 points at home and try to nab away points in Uruguay or Ecuador and qualify automatically.

I watched few of Sevilla's games this season and they were impressive. Granted they were much better the first half of the season but at their best, they were thrilling to watch. Tomorrow they have a match vs Celta de Vigo, which is managed by another Argentino in Eduardo Berizzo who plays progressive futbol so it will be an interesting clash.

I just hope Sampa has a list ready for the friendlies.

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    They won't matter much once Messi's international career ends - just as the fact that Youth World Cups won't be on the minds of Argentine fans when the current generation leaves the NT scene, with its title drought (as they weren't went Batistuta, Crespo, etc., left the NT scene).

Youth titles are great - but senior-level NT achievements are what really matter.

Volrath, Burr and locoxriver repped this.