Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Bauza saying Icardi is "just a finisher."

That is what we need!!!!!

Then goes on to say that the hierarchy is 1. Higuain 2. Pratto 3. Icardi 4. Lucas Alario

cigar_city and Burr repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Higuain is the true finisher than will make Argentina a laughing stock in every tournament final.

3. barcaq8

barcaq8 Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Camp Nou, Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    higuain is a bottler

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  4. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Here in the States, in the NFL, when the late Buddy Ryan was head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles many years ago, he cut - not traded, not lost as a free agent, but cut as in removed from the team with nothing in return - a wide receiver named Cris Carter, who as it turns out was nominated into the Pro Football Hall of Fame recently. When asked by the media back then why he chose to cut the often scoring Carter, his response is now famous in American football lore. "All he does is catch touchdowns."

One day, when some Albiceleste DT has the balls to tell Messi & Masch - who we all love - to F Off Icardi is on the team, we should all hope Icardi makes Bozo Bauza's line equally historically famous/stupid.

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  5. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    The Barca-PSG match synthesizes why our NT sucks and why Brazil and Uruguay are doing so well:

-Neymar showing huge balls even when his team is dead.
    -Suarez and Cavani scoring out of nowhere.
    -Messi being a ghost in a big game yet again.
    -Di Maria doesn't start cuz he's injured and when he is subbed in he misses a massive one-on-one.
    -Mascherano plays hard but concedes two penalties for the opponent (though the ref was so kind to overlook both).

Russia 2018, here we go...

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ADM wasn't fully(shocker, I know) fit for the Barcelona game but he came on. He had a 1 v 1 but he missed to close out the game. May of been a PK because he normally puts those away.

But yet, PSG who have ADM, Lo Celso and Pastore managed to allow 6 goals. Nothing on our players since Lo Celso and Pastore never played and even ADM who can only play once a week but not sure if this club will recover.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let's not push it with Cavani and Suarez scoring out of nowhere. Barcelona comedic defense allowed that goal which Pique threw himself to the ground for no reason.

As for Neymar showing big balls. Messi gave him the penalty after he scored had one himself.

Messi being a ghost in a big game? Maybe for us he turns into a ghost time to time but for Barcelona, he has always played big for Barcelona. He's scored in CL finals, CdR, matches vs Real. PSG had 3 players there had him surrounded for most of the game. This gave players like Neymar and Suarez to be open and expressive. Plus, both Neymar and Suarez embarrassed themselves diving all over the places. It was beyond pathetic to see but again, this is Neymar and Suarez we are talking about, they are both infamous for these tactics.

Burr and afar repped this.
  8. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Dude, except for the 3-0 vs Bayern I can't remember a single good game of Messi against a big opponent in a high stakes match (Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, Atlético, PSG) in the last 5 years (since Guardiola left).

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

barcaq8 and Rattlehead repped this.
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not a messi fan boy like many other posters on here, but um... You're a bit out of line friend. Remember the Champions League Finals of say 2009 and 2011? Even in 2015 when he didn't score, he made Suarez' winner by forcing a wonder save from Buffon. He is also the all-time top scorer in the history of the spanish Clasico. He beat some guyed called di stefano for that title so I'd say Messi has come up many times in big matches friend.

PS-Youre a man city fan. You should feel shame for that.

Burr repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    By the way, I do agree with any criticism of Di Maria. I really hate the guy. What a dumb ass, first shhhhing the Barca fans, then he blows the match by missing a 1 v. 1 and injuring himself in the process. As the English would say, he is a real wanker.

barcaq8 and Burr repped this.
  12. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    I SAID LAST 5 YEARS

He sucks at clásicos nowadays btw.

13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

14. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    2015 Copa del Rey goal
    2015 Champions League final

Even today, Messi scored his penalty and gave a tremendous ball on which Suarez was fouled for the pen.

By the way, he was surrounded by 3-4 players at all times....Neymar and Suarez had every right to sparkle.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You really think that kind of post needs to be taken seriously? cmon

What he said its like saying Tevez is big game player for the NT.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi conrtibuted almost 45% Barca goal this season. Those are much much bigger contribution than just someone who had 2-3 good performance in big matches. He scored 10+ in this season CL for intense.

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Umm no, otherwise I would have posted like this.

Major NT-tournament sf and final matches (WC, EU/CA)

Goals (Scored + Assisted + Involved)

Messi 11 (2 + 5 + 4) out of 13 team goals in 8 games = 85% importance (+ 2 SO goals and 1 miss)
    Maradona 5 (2 + 1 + 2) out of 6 team goals in 5 games = 83% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Platini 6 (3 (1 pen) + 1 + 2) out of 8 team goals in 4 games = 75% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    G.Müller 7 (7 + 0 + 0) out of 10 team goals in 4 games = 70% importance
    Pele 11 (6 + 3 + 2) out of 17 team goals in 4 games = 65% importance
    Xavi 6 (1 + 4 + 1) out of 10 team goals in 6 games = 60% importance
    Zidane 6 (5 (3 pen) + 0 + 1) out of 11 team goals in 7 games = 55% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Ronaldo 10 (6 + 2 + 2) out of 19 team goals in 8 games = 53% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Romario 4 (3 + 0 + 1) out of 8 team goals in 3 games = 50% importance (+ 1 SO goal)
    Cruyff 1 (0 + 1 + 0) out of 2 team goals in 2 games = 50% importance

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be fair, I don't blame Di Maria for shhhing the Barca crowd. Perhaps he still has a bit of loyalty to Madrid. He did get fouled in 1 v 1 but regardless.

Lets not forget, Bati did the same things 20 some years ago vs Barcelona.

I wouldn't say I hate the guy, that is a bit harsh. What I hate is that he is never fit and is always pulls out during tournaments. When he is on, that 1 out 5-7 games(for us) he is exceptional. But I do not trust him as he takes up a spot. He'd only be useful as a sub, and you bring him in ET of a tournament. Granted his IQ for the game is low and is a headless chicken but he is useful at times when needed.

When you badmouth Messi, look for BadaBing to come to the rescue. He's like Batman.

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguero and ADM always entered a final only like 50% fit (ADM sometimes 0% fit). I mean, 3 consecutive tournaments.... today its the same case for him but in CL.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bati shhhhed the Camp Nou after scoring a screamer to tie the game at one into the top corner. He can also do what he wants

[​IMG]

cigar_city and SupaMario repped this.
  21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi has had numerous great matches against Man City, then again they are only a big opponent on paper.

22. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes, the big games are not the only ones against big teams. Barca would be mid-table in the league this year if it weren't for Messi.

The game against Sevilla, last minute freekick against Villareal, the winner against Atletico, the 2 goals against Leganes, etc.....just some of the games he has had to drag Barca along in the past few months. The games against Ahtletic Bilbao in this year's Copa.

In fact, this year, more than ever, Barca has been a one-man show.

cigar_city repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #3273 SupaMario, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    What an entertaining match between Juventus and Milan. On Milan's side, Ocampos was terrible, he's still young enough to become a good player but he has yet to really progress since moving to Europe. Him bouncing around teams at such a young age should be an indicator that he probably won't ever be a top level player.

I was surprised to see Sabella' bastard child, Jose Sosa playing. He wasn't very bad, but he did end up getting sent off by picking up two yellows. Apparently, last season he was the Turkish League's best player. His days with the national team is over though or at least we can hope.

Vangioni came on really late.

On a side note, Milan's GK, Donnarumma is an absolute monster. He just turned 18, when Buffon retires after the 2030 World Cup, he will be Italy's #1. He is a special, no doubt about it. He shows zero nerves between the goal posts.

-----

Dybala had a much, much better game because Allegri decided to drop Manzukic, and what do you know? He and the team played much better. Without the heroics of Donnarumma, Juventus would've won 6 or 7-1. He had some fantastic moments(a moment of magic in this video) and he scored a perfect PK in the 90+ minute to give Juve the win.

locoxriver repped this.
  24. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I got to see the second half of that match replay when I got home last night, usually don't root for Milan - yesterday the exception as my second favorite team anywhere is the one playing Juventus on any given match day -really on basis that they have had shamefully small # of Argentinos on their roster throughout the last 2 decades. This excludes Paletta, as he did that for us...

So pleasantly surprised to see Sosa, Ocampos, Vangioni on their roster and on the field. Agree, didn't really see any of them do much, Jumerdus really dominated that second half. Feel awful for Vangioni, former Newell's, on the field maybe 6 minutes and will get blamed for the typical BS LATE home game Giuve penalty award. Easy to say in hindsight that he should not have had his arm out, but ref should have blown game over after the 4 minutes of stoppage time elapsed. As a Juve hater, I have seen this sort fot hing transpire too many times over too many years.

Anyway, point of the post was that Milan finally have some Argentinos on their roster and on the pitch.

SupaMario repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a bit perplexing that Milan hasn't had many Argentines on their side. I can only think of a few.

Redendo
    Crespo
    Chamot
    Ayala was there for a short period of time.
    Guly
    Coloccini

And when you compare that to Inter, who have had dozens.

Hell, I think one year Catania had more on their roster than Milan have ever had. Then again, they did get relegated. that season.