Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree, Tagliafico is a player who I'd want to represent us and I have been saying this for sometime now. During the 2011 Sub 20's, I saw his leadership qualities. I recall after beating Egypt, some our players were going around egging on the Egyptian players, he was going around shaking their hands.

I am hopeful that Sampa does call him up. I do not believe Sampaoli will play the entire tournament with a back 3, there will be games where a back four could be used, and this is where I could see him being played. I just wish he was introduced to the senior team years ago but at least Sampaoli has called him up before and he probably liked what he saw out of him in the first leg.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One can hope Leandro gets a chance to start ahead of Biglia.

And speaking of Biglia, I heard he was absolute trash v some Croatian side in the EL.

This was his player rating.

MF Lucas Biglia, 4 -- It's a familiar story with the Argentine in that he lacked any real command over the game and kept things too simple. Further, he looked to struggle in keeping up with the intensity and tempo shown by Rijeka, which adds another problem to his list.

Now that's the Biglia we all know.

-----------

In a short bit Stuttgart will be playing Bayer Leverkusen. For our U.S. residents, the match will be on FS2 and the kick-off is at 11:45 PST. It will be a chance to see Alario, Insua and Ascacibar play. Not sure who is starting but hopefully they all do.

Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That sounds like Biglia we all know since day 1.

Mr passanger.

4. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Dybala needs to get out of Juventus asap. The coach dropped him vs inter? Lol just ridiculous

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala must have complaining & said something to Allegri about his playing position and the team setup which bssically killed his goalscoring form & confident.

Also I read recent articles which said Kun form has dropped in recent months post car crash injury and no guarentee for him to be in City starting 11. However, I do hope he's somewhat just conserving his energy for the WC similar to what Messi did in recent time at Barca. At least we know Kun looks to be in very good form in recent 2 friendlies for NT.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allegri and Dybala don't get along that is a fact. You can see it on Dybala's demeanor. Recently, Del Piero said a player like Dybala should never be on the bench for a game v Inter. Allegri replied that he doesn't see what is going on in practice. What a way too boost your players confidence.

All you have to do is scroll around the twitter-sphere to see what Juventus fans are saying about Allegri's shitty tactics. He wants to continue to win games 1-0 by playing essentially a 5 man defense, and forcing Dybala to drop back into the midfield to supply Fatso. Pjanic provides zero support in the attacking scheme of Juventus. Bernardeschi who is touted as one one of Italy's brightest footballers is sitting on the bench and when he is subbed on it is for Dybala. We can't afford Dybala to continue to be in this type of form.

On the other hand. Nedved recently came out and said that Dybala needs to sort out his personal life. Meaning, he's got woman issues. I stated this before, when a player's form dips, it could be a number of factors, formation, conditioning, or personal battles off the field but usually the culprit is a femme fatale stirring some type of problem. I'm hearing he's gone back to EX-GF after having a fling with some Italian model, I don't know, I'm trying not to read the tabloids. But if you're 24, handsome, wealthy, and you have woman throwing themselves at your feet, why are you letting these things bother you? Enjoy the gifts that you have.

But this has more to do with Allegri's shitty tactics than anything else, IMO. Most athletes say the only time they are free is when they are on the pitch, this is when nobody can touch them or bother them, it is them and the sport they love(I believe this was a Michael Jordan quote).

If this trend continues and if I were Dybala, I'd saying either Allegri goes or I go. This two-step needs to come to an end.

And if in fact Kun's time is coming an end at Man City(Even though he's played well under Pep this season) Man City could come in purchase him from Juventus. Sure, he'd have to help press but at least he'd be awarded by his midfield who don't stand around and do nothing like Pjanic and Khedira.

Rattlehead and Edhardy repped this.
  7. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Barco in Indepe is a phenomenal player. With plenty of huevos as well.

SupaMario repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One can only hope that he stays away from the MLS and goes to Europe and continue to progress. He's too talented to go to the MLS. I hope he didn't sign anything and maybe a team from Europe can come in the 11th hour and swoop him up or has decided he wants to stay at home. And Tagliafico, talk about a warrior. We need players like him who play with courage and give everything they have to the game and doesn't coward in big moments.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some European news.

Alario scored for Leverkusen today v Werder Bremen.

ADM scored for PSG(What in the world was the GK doing?

Kun- Nice run and shot.

Guido Carrillo scored a brace over the weekend for Monaco and also scored today in the French League Cup v Caen.

locoxriver repped this.
  10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's great that MLS are picking up guys like Barco but definitely torn on whether that's good for the players. Hopefully if he were to go there it'd just a year or two before he's flipped to Europe like it sounds is happening to some of the other guys Atlanta has picked up. Not the worst thing if he dominates for a bit and gains even more confidence.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi pulled a Crespo for an equalizer...

12. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Today was the biggest test of Ascacibar’s young career. Stuttgart played Bayern Munich and he was up against a world class midfield of Javi Martinez, Arturo Vidal and James Rodriguez. He did not look out of place at all, he even won a penalty for his team at the end, which his teammate unfortunately missed, otherwise Stuttgart could have managed a draw.

Albiceleste2010, SupaMario and Pipiolo repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some news over the weekend.

According to reports, Lanzini played very well in West Ham's victory. He provided 2 assists and also won a PK(Which was said to be a dive but regardless).

As mentioned, Icardi scored but they lost to Udinese. In the same match, Rodrigo De Paul scored on a PK and was said to have played very well, which they became the first side(I believe) to have beaten Inter this season.

Roma- Perotti missed a PK but Fazio saved the day with his 90th-minute winner.

Dybala was once again on the bench. He came on late. I won't get into my disgust with Allegri (Since I have done that countless of times) but here is a highlight reel of Dybala's match today.

Calleri scored for Las Palmas.

Salvio also got on the scorer's sheet with Benfica.

Independiente is trying to get at least 20 million for Barco. There were talks that MLS side Atlanta United were going to capture his signature over these last few days but since performances in the Copa Sudamericana final, that price-tag likely went up(Atlanta had offered something like 12 or 14 million for his services, or his release clause was that match. I am not too sure about this entire ordeal).

The Russian PL is on their winter break. They won't get back in action until February. So, our boys at Zenit will get a little bit of a rest, which I think is a good thing.

Burr repped this.
  14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So the rumblings of Dybala's departure has already begun. It is has been reported his manager(His brother) has met with PSG officials. There is a rumor that Neymar will leave PSG for Real Madrid and Dybala will replace him(I don't really believe this rumor, Neymar still visits his former Barcelona teammates). Personally, I don't think this would be a good move but it beats staying at a place where he is miserable.

Other clubs that are interested are Real Madrid(If the Neymar deal falls through), Barcelona and Manchester United. Barcelona would be interesting because Suarez might leave and Barcelona could replace him for Dybala. United, I am not fond of, but he has a good friendship with Pogba, and with Pogba is where he was at his best in Juventus.

Personally, I'd think Manchester City might be the club that can also be in play. They have the capital and they could do a cash+Kun for Dybala. But this is mere speculation.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would definitely rather he play under Pep than Mourinho, who could easily treat him the way Allegri does.

Albiceleste2010 and tatoRMN repped this.
  17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When Dybala in his best form, he's certainly very similar to Messi. The way he beat his opponents, pass and scores... even if you look at this goals against Barcelona or his long range and freekicks, they're very similar.

SupaMario repped this.
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allegri fielded a more attacking team today, the likes of Bentancur,Bernardeschi, Marchisio and Douglas Costa pushed the game, which gave Dybala room to be near the goal(He played as a false 9). And to nobodies surprise, Dybala was much better. It’s not rocket science, you place your best player in the position where he is best.

In other news, Rojo and Romero both started today in one of those English cups. United were eliminated by a last minute goal and United supporters blamed Rojo for keeping the forward onside. This also means Rojo will pretty much sit on the bench for the remainder of the season unless he moves.

Albiceleste2010 and tatoRMN repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its the same with Messi , you place him closer to the goal , then you'll get more goals more him. He should be roaming near the box like he did againts Ecuador. I'd bet he'll score more goals in Russia than in Brazil.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Eduardo Berizzo has been sacked at Sevilla which may affect the Argentine contingent there. Rather shabby from Sevilla especially that they are still fifth in the table and in the CL. Berizzo has barely had the time to even make an imprint on the club.

But all coaches experience this and a man of his calibre will be snapped up quickly possibly Espanyol.

Asascibar is one of the best tacklers and ball retrievers in the BL. His discipline as Tato has mentioned does need improvement. Perhaps being wary of this his tackling rate has lessened of late but his performances have been catching the eye winning a penalty in his last game (albeit fortunate to escape a red card).

He certainly is popular with the fans, some even comparing him in energy and drive to Matthaus (eek) minus the finishing ability.

I'm not best pleased with the situation and decisions being made on behalf of several Argentine youngsters. Barco for one, Romero of Velez another. Both need to make their mark in the Primera, learn their craft more and then in a couple of years they will be better prepared for Europe. Tagliafico is also a rumoured target of SC Freiburg in the BL. Who is next from Independiente ? Franco ? Bustos ?

I would not mind seeing Samp play conventional fullbacks/wingbacks rather than his preferred three and Bustos for me is an ideal choice. Mino/Acuna perhaps on the left flank with Nicolas a more defensively solid choice.

locoxriver repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi with goal and assist against Real Madrid, and he's playing mostly at walking pace.

Aguero with a goal in first half.

23. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Messi laid on 9 chances against Real Madrid....most by any player in La Liga this year. And it wasn't even a really good game from him.

He really is SOOO far ahead of everyone else; it is mind-boggling.

http://www.givemesport.com/1222106-...ionel-messis-assist-for-alexi-vidals-goal?amp

Lost his shoe, too, while giving that assist.

24. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aguero with a second header goal. Will wonders ever cease?

25. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Taglifico had an offer from Ajax, not Freiburg, but it has been rejected cuz Independiente wants more money. Barco isnt going anywhere for now either, the Atlanta offer was rejected.