ARGENTINA vs. ECUADOR /Buenos Aires / sábado 02.06.2012 / 19.30

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, May 12, 2012.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiit......

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Benitez, Ayovi, Suarez, and all those that play in Mexico GTFO and stay in Mexico! (Except Fidel). You all suck! All this OLD fuc*ers need retire now. We have many better young players coming up. Time to get rid of all of the old players.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Benitz is SHIT!

4. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Montero is OWNING the left side. WHAT THE ******** IS RUEDA THINKING!!!!!!!!!!! BENITEZ SUCKS!!! No more please. Sit down. We need Caicedo back paired with someone better than Benitez.

ecuaboy12 repped this.
  5. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's too late now... no sense crying over spilt milk...

6. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    FINALLY BENITEZ IS OUT!!! THANK GOD!

7. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have been watching Ecua football for over 30+ years and I can't remember any NT coach screwing up the player selection and tactical formation this bad.

mac-0n3 and ECUA-718 repped this.
  8. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Only if we played the first half like the second .. formation and lineup was horrible from the beginning! Rueda has to go ... if he doesn't, it will cost us a spot in Brasil

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So what happened to Jaime Ayovi? Some of you guys were saying he is good on the NT and blah blah blah... that he scores......... he didn't do anything! He was terrible just like in Mexico.

10. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear to God I will throw up if I see anybody making excuses for our "talented" players. The bottom line is that save two or three players, most of the team sucks! It all starts with Chiriboga and Rueda. It is time to clean house!

Luigi408 repped this.
  11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Night and day from the first and second half.

I saw Saritama and Quinonez in the roster and already knew we were dunzo. Regrettably, we all foreshadowed the massacre that followed. I won't even criticize Benitez in the beginning because the tactics didn't allow him to do anything. Mendez was needed to organize the attack with Montero and Valencia on the wings. Guagua? Seriously wtf. And with Sombra on the bench, I don't even know how to pick a lesser of two evils.

The tactics are just so sad, naive, ignorant...I don't know. What to fix? Everything. Who can fix it? errr....no clue.

We need a complete change-up against Colombia, the guys that SHOULD step up can't when Rueda is so defensive and tactically slow and flawed. Let's wait and see what happens next. The press and fans will have a field day seeing this obviously poor team performance.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ecuador has talented players but Rueda is a Moron and doesn't know how to use them. To start Suarez over Montero is Insane. Suarez needs to come in subbing Montero around the 70th minute. Valencia can't get forward because it leaves a huge hole. Pushed AV to right back and get Guerron in there and than Sub Guerron with Ibarra or find a RB (w ayovi) and push AV Up and close the left side depending on how the game is. Rueda is something else. God he sucks!!

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is the line up for the next game:

Paredez --- ???? (Morante if he was here) --- Erazo

Valencia --- Mendez --- Castillo --- Naboa --- Montero

Ibarra --- Rojas (Benitez)

Benitez can come in if we need him. Jaime is out for the next game (its ok cause he sucks anyways.) We need Caicedo back and make Hernan Barcos Ecuadorian NOW! I think they can pair up good.

This is the line up we need to play against Colombia with the crappy players we called up.
    My ideal line up:

Paredez --- ???? (Morante if he was here) --- Erazo

Valencia (Guerron) --- Mendez --- Naboa --- Montero
    ----- Fidel-----
    Caicedo --- Barcos

Bench: No one old anymore. Just Castillo and Mendez should be there.

14. EmarosaNYC

EmarosaNYC Member

Nov 1, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goalkeeper was terrible. The coach has to go

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Regrettably, I think this is the equivalent of when UDLC was phased out after Robihno made him look like flat footed geriatric. I see this being a sign that Walter Ayovi is going to be pushed out, which to me is sad, because the midfield for us lost the game. The way we were organized there affected our defense poorly and clearly gave us no attacking option.

16. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well we know Rueda is staying regardless of the "sacatecnico" score.Dominguez never again please,this guy was scared shitless the whole game,not ready for these type of games,Banguera should have been there.cant fault chucho ,the defense swallowed him. Im going to agree with the way Vizuete lined them up last with guerron as wing,Valencia in mid with Montero and should have been Mina instead of Chucho ,mina is better header and has more strength than chucho.Messi also did his thing.overall rueda sucks balls and should go.

17. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So. We are playing the top scorers from England and Spain, and you want to play an old centerback that hasnt played in three weeks.

You are an idiot. Please leave.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Wow. I really didn't think even Rueda would screw this one up! Erazo is the only defender I thought had a starting spot locked up. I will no longer underestimate Rueda's ability to screw up a starting lineup...he has a gift for doing the exact opposite of what makes sense. He must have made such a wise decision based on Guagua's successful history with the NT and his great form for Atlante.

I also like how he picked our away game against one of the best teams in the world to give World Cup Qualifying debuts to Dominguez and Quinonez. What better way to get your feet wet. Better to leave Castillo on the bench, this was not a game where we needed a strong defensive midfielder with European and World Cup experience. Quinonez has proven himself in Ecuador's top flight.

Finally, I'm shocked that Benitez struggled as lone striker, since he's always played this role very well for the NT. I thought he would have no problem taking on Argentina's defense by himself, because he does it in Mexico against defenses of similar quality.

LDU4ever and pepe pancho repped this.
  19. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Wow , I just watched the video of the goals, and I have to say I feel like crying. How could they shame us like this?? I can't even remember the last time that Argentina rocked us this hard!!! OMG Dominguez looked like a fish flopping outside of water for oxygen, he didn't even make an attempt to save the shots. BAnguera should have definately been in net, and not to mention our defence especially on Campos is side was attrocious. On a lighter note I like to make myself feel better by looking at the two ass whoopings that Chile got to Argentina and Uruguay two games away from each other.

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LMAO. Are you serious? I guess you have been listen to Futbol Picante or los Capitanes or even Jorge Ramos..Fernandez who was marking Bentiez sat bench at Benfica...

21. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    he was being sarcastic the entire post, come on Jorge Bolanos . lol

22. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You cant blame Dida for any of the goals . They were all so quick , he really didnt have a chance againts world class strikers that close in .

Campos is sooooooooooo slow man , he got picked apart .
    Achi ......... i didnt like him before in past matches . But he played well, one of the bright spots i thought
    Guagua....... same as campos
    W.Ayovi ...... [​IMG] RIP you NT career
    Saritama didnt offer anything . same as walter .
    Noboa played well in the second half .
    Suarez.............. what th ******** happend to you? you were beasting for a bit on the NT . Sit down budd
    Quinonez....[​IMG] I thought he played ok . When he had the ball he didnt get pushed off and made the smart pass .
    Valencia: Didnt get the ball enough, when he did he tried taking on his man . He cant be feeding crosses into Chucho tho........chucho is no TIN or Tenorio .
    Chucho: We all knew what was going to happen with him as a lone striker . NOTHING. He had that one header that should have gone in .
    J.Ayovi: Same as Suarez ,

Jeff : No idea why he didnt start . Jeff is a monster . Argentina would have had a serious headache if he would have started .
    Ibarra : couldnt really asses him from such an ugly game and so little time .

Rueda [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

ERAZO should have started , he has been our most reliable/consistent defender
    I would like to see Valencia at RB get Guerron at RW etc ( like Argi was saying )
    Caicedo needs to be on this Team , there is NO reason why he shouldnt be .
    Minda , Sombra,Saritama, w.Ayovi , Need to not be called up .

23. EmarosaNYC

EmarosaNYC Member

Nov 1, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    chucho should grow 10 more inches if he thinks he'll get any headers in his life. srsly why even pass it to that guy he won't make it.

rueda should go that guy is a ********ing idiot.

24. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ecuador needs to attack the root of the problem. That root is called Luis Chiriboga. He is the one responsible for hiring an incompetent coach and fostering a culture of mediocrity. He needs to go ASAP.

LDU4ever and Luigi408 repped this.
  25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

True, but there's really no way to oust him. Unless there is unanimous approval by all the presidents of the clubs. Impossible.