Argentina Squad of 23 for the World Cup Pt.III Los Gnocchis del 29 Edition

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by NYC_COSMOS, Jun 8, 2010.

1. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    remember taiwo is a great attacking left back but he is a disaster defensively. we all complain about heinze, but remember el gringo started over taiwo at the end of the season at left back ;)

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just cant wait till it kicks off. I hope there is a balance on the team, and hope to see it coming up on Saturday!

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess the 3 man attack is not written in stone just yet. Maradona does not want to reveal what his starting line up because Nigeria may catch wind of it and prepare for them lol.

4. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol i feel like a little kid on christmas eve. i will be too nervous to enjoy our match, but tomorrow should be fun. seeing mandela on the pitch before the match should create an epic atmosphere

5. Fgiriun

Fgiriun Member

Jun 3, 2007
    If maradona decides to not start Higuain then Argentina is screwed. If not for Higuain, Tevez wouldn't have been as mobile in the last friendly. Playing Tevez and Messi up front is absolutely fruitless, if anything, Tevez must only serve to feed the forward and Messi. Jonas may provide essential movement up the right flank but he's no wingback like Sorin. Hopefully the defense will maintain composure and order.

6. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    higuain is going to start. he scored three goals in training the other day and had another yesterday. no other striker has been as productive

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys, somebody on RM forums asked about Jonas playing as a RB. Wasn't the Russia game he played at that spot?

8. lapulga10

lapulga10 New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    has anybody been watching the goltv 2010 reports? i only watch the one with Ray Hudson in it because I love listening to the guy anazlyze things, on the one tonight he said "if Diego maradona gets his chemistry right , this wonderful Argentina front line could be like a steam roller rolling down hill and wreck everybody they could be UNSTOPPABLE". I cracked up when he said that haha, he also said he thinks Milito should start instead of Higuain because of the form he's been in, but to be honest im equally fine with either of them starting, and the other can come on as a sub.

9. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a great lineup, and on the pitch it might function more like this:

Romero
    Jonas-Demi-Samuel-Heinze
    Mascherano-Veron
    Messi-DiMaria
    Tevez-Higuain

I would have preferred Burdisso or Clemente over Heinze (who really worries me), but otherwise no complaints.

10. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no problem with Heinze if we have a back line of 4. He seems to be in good form lately. He just needs to clean up his act a little, so he doesn't give up silly free kicks.

11. Match-Debater

Match-Debater New Member

Jun 5, 2008
  12. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Heads-up but here is a link to the Argentina / Nigeria match in the Group B forum. Feel free to drop by and support the team during the match tomorrow. This is also a heavily moderated section of bigsoccer but if things stay as they do in our home forum then things should be good.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1259575

13. Blue-and-White

Blue-and-White New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Canada
    As bad as he has been lately for Argentina, I am hoping that he is the type of player that will step up his game to the World Cup level, and find his form of the 2006 WC in Germany. Remember how solid he was then?

14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For the most part he was solid though he did have that blunder against Mexico that could have cost us iirc.

15. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've come to realize that Heinze, with all his evident flaws, is one of those players that are part of the inner fibres of any NT. I definitely think he steps up a notch when playing for the shirt although sometimes his bravado lets Argentina down. But I think he has come to a point in his career where he feels he's been an accomplished player for club and country for over 10 years and he seems to knows his place in this team very well.

He is prone to making mistakes like the one Moishe noted (he should have defo been sent off that day against Mexico) but he is also such an inspirational force for his teammates. He is also no slouch at heading. He is also tactically aware. If he has to chase the opponents in the open space, it's either a goal or a red card but let's hope we are not exposed in the counter.

Love him or loathe him, Heinze is a starter in this team hands down.

16. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm going to be very upset if I see Kaka walk out on to the field with his nickname (kaka) on his back. If that is the case, then Tevez deserves to have Carlitos on his back. Same thing for Jonas (jonas) and Aguero (Kun Aguero).

17. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Argentina 2010 Fifa World Cup

Can we start discussing everything about the team during the WC here?

18. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentina 2010 Fifa World Cup

I thought that we were using the other thread. Since we already have all those editions invested into it.

19. King Aguero

King Aguero New Member

May 22, 2008
    Re: Argentina 2010 Fifa World Cup

which one? thats what i was lookin for?

20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina vs Nigeria June 12 2010 [r]

Let's hope he turns out to have a cak World Cup. ;)

There are some players who play average for their clubs but step it up for their national side et vice versa. Heinze is one as is Jonas.

Let's hope we pummel Nigeria and strike fear into our opponents. :)

21. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina vs Nigeria June 12 2010 [r]

I hope we kick ass today!

If Messi's found his groove and Veron keeps up with the team, we can have a pretty good match here.

22. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is anyone watching the Korea v Greece game? Holy shit, but neither side has anything! Those Greek defenders are made out cardboard, just like the cutouts used to practice free kicks!!

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    how does a team like greece make the world cup lol? this just proves that euro qualifying is a joke

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    European qualifying is an EXTREME JOKE! But more so than that, and probably the real reason you are seeing a weak team like Greece in the World Cup, is that they have increased the amount of teams going to the World Cup to 32 from 24.