Argentina in grp C (comments and info)

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by efernandez9, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005
    Is Tevez going to cover Eboue when he darts forward? What about Toure? Argentina needs to be prepared for these defenders that may become very offensive minded.
    By the way, Van Persie as expected started on the bench even with Reyes injured:eek: Nothing to fear of the dutchies if their 'most dangerous' player is a bench warmer:rolleyes:

50 days to go and I'm getting so excited... I have my Mascherano #6 nt jersey ready to go...have the mini ball for the half time scrimmage with friends...it's going to be a good world cup (other than my other team isn't there :( )

2. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    By the way, Van Persie as expected started on the bench even with Reyes injured:eek: Nothing to fear of the dutchies if their 'most dangerous' player is a bench warmer:rolleyes:

Van Persie is not a winger, he plays on the number 10 position (behind Henry). Wenger chose a fdifferent kind of a system, without a number 10, that´s why Van Persie started on the bench (Pires and Khleb are wingers). I think Ivory Coast will be a more a problem for Argentina than Holland. The best part of their team is at front. Arouna Koné from PSV Eindhoven is the best front player at the moment, from the dutch competition, he´s strong, skillful and very fast. Clubs like ManU, AC Milan and Lyon are already interested in him. By the way big dutch players like Seedorf and Davids will not go to the WC. And Van Nistelrooy /Van Persie will start in the starting line up at the WC.

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aparently Cangri does know a word in Spanish. :D

4. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    Against Holland, hopefully we will be in by then, because they are dangerous. It really will depend on the other results, but I don't think they will come out defensively. We will have to take it to them, pressure them, play them like we played Brazil in Buenos Aires. We have to put pressure on Cocu and deny the ball to their attackers. Hopefully we can control it and play at our pace, and I think if we play smart on the ground our forwards can trouble their big defenders.

So, a big challenge, but we should be able to come out of it. We better handle the tough European teams, or we'll never hear the end of it.[/QUOTE]

By the way Marco Van Basten has announced the dutch selection for the WC, no Seedorf, Makaay, and probably no Makaay.

This would be the midfield;Cocu (PSV) Defensive midfielder, Van Bommel (Barcelona) right midfielder, Van der Vaart (HSV) play-maker (left midfield).

The attack : Robben (Chelsea) left winger, Van Nistelrooy (Manu) central striker, Romeo Castelen (Feyenoord) Right winger.

The defense will be the worst part of the team, with 3 players from AZ, the Villareal of the Netherlands.

5. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    By the way, Villareal were very bad against Arsenal, especially Riquelme was disappointing, Gilberto Silva knocked him out

6. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    Van Basten also said that we will play on the counter attack against Argentina, because Argentina has got the better players. During the qualification we were at our best against the big nations.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When did Van Basten say that? It doesn't make any sense that he'd say something like that. Argentina-Holland will be the last group game and the strategy will be dictated primarily by the results each team may need to qualify to the second round.

My guess is they both will be in by then, and it will be a glorified practice match in which the top players will probably be rested. That would be the logical outcome, but who knows? Stranger things have happened at the WC.

8. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    This will be the strategy assuming that Holland is not sure about hte 2nd round. The ducth team is not that strong if you compare it with previous tournaments. We have got a talented but unexperience team. But I think this group is very strong, Yugoslavia and Ivory Coast are very strong opponents.

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They are both strong and they will be very tough. But if we play to our capabilities we should advance, and so should Holland.

10. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    I think this ducth team is too young,,, sometimews they play great and sometimes it´s rubbish. This could be the problem for holland on the WC. I think Holland is not stronger than Ivory Coast, they are equal!!!!!!

11. Rotterdam

Rotterdam New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Rotterdam
    Is this a joke?

Hleb a winger? Never know that. but thanks for the information. Always think that he was more a player like Ljungberg, Versatile player who can play on more positions.

Koné the best player up front? He's on the bench and miss to many chances. fast player who can make a defence crazy with his technique skills and because he is fast and like the most african players strong. But in missing chances he is the best.

Nistelrooy and Van Persie? The last one could be in the team but i think that van Basten will choose Arjen Robben and on the number 10 position the Dutch team dont need a player because there is no place for such players in their system.

And when Ruud 'Horseface' van Nistelrooy is lucky, he can receive a few good balls into the 5 yard box to make a goal.

12. Marco ´´Cangri´´

Apr 15, 2006
    I agree that Koné misses to many chances, but with is technique and accelaration he can drive a defence crazy. Van der vaart will play as a attacking midfielder on the number 10 position, Cocu as a defensive midfielder and Van Bommel on the right. Van the man will probably on the bench for the ´´´Hunter`´ AKA Klaas Jan Huntelaar, the man who was responsible for the humiliation of Feyenoord and PSV...........

13. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stop trolling man

14. cordobesenUS

cordobesenUS New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Austin-TX

Well, at least you tried my friend and for that I respect you. :) :) .We all speak english also so dont worry.

15. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Marco,Marco,Marco.....

Do you even know what you're trying to say?

When you first started posting the Dutch squad was unstoppable,and at the last 2 pages they are too inexperienced and will play a counter game against Argentina b/c you worry we'll advance out of the group......

Stop your madness,please....:eek:

16. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Con la llegada de Messi se completa el plantel

Mañana comenzarán los entrenamientos de todo el grupo en Ezeiza y el miércoles se despedirán ante un juvenil en la cancha de River.

Link To Original Article

17. braine

braine Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Belgium
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Originally Posted by Marco ´´Cangri´´
    Van Basten also said that we will play on the counter attack against Argentina, because Argentina has got the better players. During the qualification we were at our best against the big nations.

Dont believe that Van Basten ever have said this.....
    I've heared Van Basten many times live on Dutch TV and he just want to go on in 'traditional Dutch-play' this will mean offensive;trying to dictate the game and playing with wingers...
    He's just as Frank Rijkaard (Barca)influenced by Johan Cruijff.

18. Juanbuix

Juanbuix New Member

May 14, 2006
    USA
    Yeah ... both Rijkaard and Van Basten were like pupils of Cruijff. They also have big prides ... to say such things

19. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] La hora de largada con un solo y gran objetivo

Los 23 jugadores convocados por José Néstor Pekerman iniciarán la actividad hoy por la mañana en Ezeiza. Y ya quedarán concentrados.

Link To Original Article

20. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place
    Koné is not a goalgetter, but he is a night mare for every defence.He played very well against the AZ defenders. So I hope Heitinga will play instead of Mathijssen, otherwise we have got a major problem.

Van Nistelrooij is the no1 striker for Van Basten, Robben on the left and Kuijt or Van Persie on the right. And Van der Vaart will play on the so called number 10 position. Van Basten is aswell as Rijkaard and Cruijff from the ajax culture, this measn a 4-3-3 system with one attacking/creative midfielder on the so called number 10 position.

21. SlickRick

SlickRick New Member

May 21, 2006
    your sisters place
    Argentina is the favorite in this group and with the huge number of talented players they have, they will probably the number 1 in this group.

But hey!!! You never know in football.......

22. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    hey, it's nice to see that not all dutch fans are trolls.

spoonman, i was particularly pleased to see i was second in the table!

though i fear marco has an unassailable lead. ;)

23. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Adiós muchachos

Una multitud despidió a la Selección, que hoy parte al Mundial. Fue una gran fiesta popular en apoyo a los 23 jugadores que lidera José Pekerman.

Link To Original Article

24. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] La Selección se fue con bombos y platillos

Casi un millar de personas en Ezeiza desbordó los controles. Fue tanto el afecto, que los jugadores se contagiaron y cantaron junto a los hinchas.

Link To Original Article

25. kevinucho

kevinucho Member

Mar 3, 2005
    L.A., CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: [BigSoccer News] La Selección se fue con bombos y platillos

Volveremos a ser campeones......Como en el 86!!!!