Are you happy with your car?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by skijerze, Jun 28, 2007.

1. skijerze

skijerze New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Wallington
    Are you happy with your car?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you have chosen a different make and model you could afford? What are the things you like about your car?

Here's mine:

I like my car and I wouldn't want a different one.
    1. It's hatchback
    2. It has turbo. Amazing torque.
    3. Fun to drive.
    4. Heated seat (standard feature)
    5. Tiptronic

2. Magpie Maniac

Magpie Maniac Member

Dec 28, 2001
    North Carolina, USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In February, I bought a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T sedan in phantom black pearl w/ black leather. I'm absolutely infatuated with driving it. We went to the beach last week and I kept it at home to keep it from getting funked up with sand and saltwater. Boy, did I ever miss it while we were away. I started it up this morning to take it for a 90+ mph spin. What I like about it:

* Best interior ever (heated leather seats, red backlight readouts, dual climate control, titanium trim)
    * Very quick and handles like a dream w/ sport suspension
    * Classic, understated exterior styling
    * Bi-xeon headlights that turn as you steer
    * 235/45R17 tires
    * Sirius system w/ Bose speakers

I would definitely buy this car again.

[​IMG]

3. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I love my car it has the only things that I need or want:

Inline 6 with 189 HP and 190Ft/lbs of torque.
    Manual transmission (5 sp.).
    Its a sedan.
    Leather Seats (heated).
    Power Moon Roof.
    Very sporty/modern apearance (its a 2001, but most people who see it think that its brand new)
    Its safe, reliable, and very easy to do maintenance on. In short it is my dream car.

4. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    absolutely. 2003 subaru wrx. ive done a lot of work to it and drive it pretty hard and it stands up to everything. 105k miles on it, its seen the atlantic, pacific, the gulf, and canada. its a comfortable ride with amazing performance for the money, all while staying pretty good on fuel efficiency.

just a couple of more weeks with it, though. im selling it, and ill have instead a 1997 impreza OBS with an sti engine swap, wrx transmission, sti suspension (to start), 4pot2pot brakes... yeah, its going to be amazing, and, since its a wagon (though a very small one), itll be a great car for out here.

id like to have a vw or audi, but theyve had issues lately, and they make theyre cars heavy. the understeer is painful. id be hesitant to go to anything other than awd/4wd after having subarus. i also want to get a late 90s tahoe, or something similar, to use for camping trips, snowboarding weekends, etc, and also just as a work truck type deal. maybe an older truck/suv to turn into a 4wheeler for fun. well see about all that.

5. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2006 Toyota Prius.

Love the car...

I've gone over three weeks without having to fill up.

Before I test drove it, I thought the hybrid engine might have been sluggish. It is not.

Lots of fun to drive... very roomy.

If I had it all to do over again... I might have gotten the gps... though the GPS on my phone does everything I want it to do.

6. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I have mixed feelings about my Jeep Wrangler. I love it, but I would only buy one again if my commute to work was shorter.

Oddly enough, the things I love about my jeep are also a source of angst. It has mud treads which are great when we have a Hurricane/Tropical Storm roll through, but they're hella expensive to replace and need constant rotation to avoid cupping. Not to mention a nice all-terrain would help smooth the ride out quite a bit.

The I-6, 4.0 engine (I don't like V-engines in Jeeps) is great, and feels very torque-ey. I've put 45,000 miles on it in less than 2 years and aside from a check engine light, everything's been good so far. But the gas mileage is killing me. I knew this when I bought it, but seriously ... I'm paying $260/month in gas.

The top, when compared to previous Wrangler and CJ models, is a dream to take down and put back up. 10 minutes down, maybe 15 minutes back up. But if you get any moisture on the interior of the top, it will mildew rather quickly. The plastic windows scratch VERY easily.

The interior is nice -- for a jeep -- but it's almost too nice. In models prior, you could take the top down and leave it down for an entire year in the rain and everything would be just fine with the gauges, radio, etc. Not with this one. It's just like a car's and will short the hell out if you get caught in a shower.

But I knew what I was getting into when I bought it. Hindsight being what it is, I think I may would have went with a Honda Civic and just bought an old CJ5 or CJ7 on the side.

7. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prior car that I loved was a '92 Camry until I croaked the engine around 320K. Comfortable and ~30 mpg until the end. The "loaner" '98 Bonneville was a gas pig (~22 mpg, not as bad as RC's jeep :) ), but it died at 160K after serving me well for over 80K in three years.

Now I'm in a '99 Saturn SW2. Over 30 mpg. :) No power windows or locks. :( Handles well, not great from a dead stop (1.9 L), but it merges to the highway OK.

At 71K now, I figure at least three years before I'm back in the market.

8. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    I just bought a CLK 320 2005 convertible with 25k miles on it 2 weeks ago . I must say I am pleased with the car. My previous car was a BMW 330 CI manual. I liked driving the BMW better , it was a stick car but it started having problem with the windows , sunroof , lights so I traded it in .

9. FRYE!

FRYE! New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    KC
    cars are great... when they work!

10. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I drive a 2002 Sunfire GT. What i like about my car is.....the sunroof. And the rear of the near of the car...otherwise, it's just a car for me. But i'm not really into cars that much.

11. skijerze

skijerze New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Wallington
    I don't have my 05 Golf anymore (but hubby still has the Gti).

I now have an 08 VW New Jetta 2.5 SE

I gave birth 6 months ago, and we realized that we needed a bigger car. First, we opted on getting an SUV. I DO NOT LIKE SUVS! (expect for X3 and Toureg- too pricey. cannot afford them). We ended up getting the New Jetta.

We were looking for more spacious back seat and trunk. Jetta has spacious back seat and generous trunk. My son's stroller (bugaboo frog) only take half of the trunk. It's very comfortable to drive. I love the sunroof, heated seats, front 6 disks CD changer, heated side mirror, built in SAT radio. . . I could go on and on and on. Bottom line is I LOVE IT.

I'm always a big fan of hatchback, so for me saying I LOVE the new JETTA, a sedan, is a pretty big deal.

One thing that I miss about my golf is the back window wiper! Argh.

12. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And da speed ;) :p

13. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I have an 03 BMW 325i, theres nothing I dont love about my car. Except the fact that it has 4 Doors.

My next car will either be a brand new 335i or Used 645ci. (3-4 years down the road)