Are you 22? The 2016-17 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need a manager who likes to develop youngsters. So wishing those youngsters to come back and sit on the bench will only hurt them.

2. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be clear, I am not wishing they all come back. Just trying to interject that amidst all the rumors of expensive signings, our budget is limited (esp. after we hopefully re-sign Messi and Iniesta) and we need a mix of affordable La Masia / former La Masia youth who might be a bit more ready to sacrifice PT in order to play for FCB's first team. Who should move up, go out (stay out) on loan, be sold/not bought back, depends in large part on first determining who our coach is, second determining who leaves from first team, and third who is signed from outside the club.

3. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The rumors that Messi new contracts will double his salary. Not sure why Barca increasing his salary by 100%. He is already the highest paid footballer so maybe offer him 20% increase. Also, he is earning close to euro 50m p.a from Adidas plus so many other endorsement deals. Those contracts and salaries are keeping us from buying decent players.

If we can't afford to buy players then we need a coach who can develop youngsters. We didn't have a coach who can work with youngsters since Guardiola.

4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Really ...

Have you seen Luiz or Stones play much , this season ??

Both make the occasional gaff , but that's acceptable given how many touches and how influential they both are to their respective teams .

Who do you think is holding the Chelsea defence together this season plus people are raving over Stones in the last few months , he's been impressive despite never having the same partner alongside him .

City are also in the market for two full backs and one CB to partner Stones ..... what does that suggest ??

5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Rumours in the British press that ManU are ready to lay Neymar's buy out fee !!

I thought they were set on Griezeman ( spelling ) ??

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Interesting development in the France v Spain game tonight .

0:0 but with France on top , Spain struggling to create then Iniesta and Pedro went OFF , Thiago and Deulofeu came on .

Five minutes later Spain were 2:0 up .

Deulofeu burst through the defence and won a clear penalty and soon after he scored a good goal himself ...

Looked great on the ball .. Seems faster and has the final ball nowadays ...

Gilmango repped this.
  7. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes then bring the kid back to rot on the bench.

Anyway, both Iniesta and Busquets played fantastic masterclass football and made Kante look like an amateur. I just wonder why I don't see them playing similar with Barcelona. Spain main focus was the midfield while we are focusing only on MSN. Imagine combining both strengths.

8. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I fukin hate this clueless Robert Fernandez. He should be fired really! Now he is going after another Arsenal flop. Overpaying for La Masia ex-player when he can have better and cheaper options.

He could.ve learned few things from Monchi or Andrea Berta, they regularly lose superstars yet keep on chugging.

Forzabarca and Gilmango repped this.
  9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Just taking an overview of the current squad and looking where the non-La Masia players came from and how good the buy was:

Top 5 purchases (in no particular order):
    - Rakitic, Neymar, Suarez, Umtiti, Masch (MAtS could very well be included but probably too early to say)

Worst 5 purchases (in no particular order):
    - Paco, Gomes, Alba, Mathieu, Digne.

Notice anything peculiar?

Yeah, can we stop buying players from Valencia starting immediately? There's a reason they're shit!

10. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

You can add MATS to the shit list too.. he was crap yesterday with bad passes and he was very badly posistioned on the first goal. He´s not as solid as one thinks!! Also blunders against Depor!!

puyol repped this.
  11. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Do you think Alba was a terrible signing? I dislike the guy immensely for his diving and rattiness, but dude is a decent fullback.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    For me he's the most overrated player on Barca. I mean, its a given that he can't defend but many seem to think he's this great threat in attack. I'm not really seeing that. For me Sergi and Vidal look more dangerous going forward and almost everyone rates them lower. Hence, overrated (imo).

13. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

We could easily be down by another 12 points if it wasn't for MATS.

unclesox repped this.
  14. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Roberto has strong ties with Valencia, he played there for 10 years and coached Valencia B too.

The trend is the fewer games the player has played in his football career the more successful he will become at any managerial position in the club. Monchi played only 85 games at a top level. Same goes with coaches, SAF, Mourinho, Klopp, Sampaoli, Bielsa, Trapattoni, Sacchi etc Most great coaches had less than average football career or came from another background, Bielsa was a lawyer, Bilardo was a doctor, Sacchi was a shoe salesman, Sarri of Napoli was a banker. Of course, few exception like Cruyff and Guardiola but both are very intelligent and at times philosophical. I think Xavi too can succeed as a coach.

That's why I don't believe in players turn into coaches or sporting directors. The average footballer isn't educated and his IQ beyond his position in the pitch is low.

15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    didnt Alba spend tlike 7 or 8 years in la Masia? - also he has been pretty good on the pitch

the Valencia flopping can be traced back to Mendieta (sure via Lazio but still)

and we should always buy from Sevilla before Valencia

16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    you could also add Menotti (historic), Tuchel and Tite to the list of unremarkable pro career to the list

of course there are also the likes of Conte, Simeone, Ancelotti, Pochettino who would counter the argument

Bilardo himself had a very long pro career, as did Rinus Michel

17. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pochettino although he is a young promising coach but yet to win anything. Also, only Conte and Simeone (from your list) that had a good footballing career. Bilardo had an average football career but my point was he was smart with a medical degree and family business he ran. Also, predominantly of the coaches today were players once which makes my point more valid to see more top managers from a limited or non-footballing background.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So apparently Barca were after this kid from Brazil who's 16 (Vinicius Jr.) and tried to pay his buyout clause for 30m and RM scooped in offering 40m+. And it doesn't sound like a rumour. Can't say I know anything about the kid, but that's a hefty price tag if true.

19. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

#344 Forzabarca, May 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
    Hopefully it's a tactic for Barca to show interest for players and trigger Madrids interest and envy and make them splash/waste cash on useless players. You know kinda like Douglas [emoji23]

This is a list of players I'd like Barca to go for not all but some, some impossible some possible.

Thiago
    Llorrente
    Isco
    Özil
    Coutinho
    Reus
    Dembele
    Silva
    Willian
    Mertens
    Insigne

For defense I'm lost... Wouldn't know who would fit in. With Barca style it's a wildcard.

KluivertsBoots repped this.
  20. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    The news is that we will sign Bellerin and give them Arda in return,even if we get only 20 for Arda,this will be a great signing.I am not convinced about Bellerin's technical ability but his pace is unreal.

Regarding signings,i will go for Bernanrdo Silva over Veratti.

21. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Valverde's hiring will require a few specific signings in order to play the style of pressing he employs (heavy focus on the wings). Barca will be in the market for an industrious right winger for one.

Deulofeu may be able to help cover this area, but I see Deulo as more Messi insurance and playing as a withdrawn striker to Suarez. His preferred area is as a central attacker Valverde favors 4-2-3-1/4-2-2-2 variation.

A good right wing signing, in addition to right back, will be key. Gomes and Iniesta would be hurt most by Valverde as he favors a quicker, more press-oriented method. Gomes favors a more tactical game, and Iniesta no longer has the legs. Rafinha has the right stuff to play for Valverde, but I'm unsure of his role unless Valverde changes tactic and maintains 3 CM. Sergi Roberto, could thrive as a pairing with Busquets.

Valverde will need to make some crucial decisions straight away regarding how he wants the midfield to function in a Xaviesta-less world. I almost see it as Verratti or bust regarding the three-man midfield future at FCB near term.

Coutinho and Christian Eriksen are players I would love to see in blaugrana, but Messi/Deulofeu will have the central attacking mid role covered in the Valverde system. Right wing is the key attacking addition for this team in my view after sorting out what's going to happen in the midfield.

Iniesta, Gomes, Rafinha and Rakitic all have uncertain futures at the club.

Of course, there is the defense to sort out.

condor11 and celito repped this.
  22. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    I will sell Rakitic if need be and sign bernardo Silva to replace Iniesta.

Rafinha can also be sold.

23. KluivertsBoots

Jun 16, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laporte is said to be on the move this summer. Perhaps Valverde can gift wrap one for us. Pep has made him a priority. There has been a lot of smoke about this Colombian from Ajax as well. I was hoping for the Theo Hernandez deal to work out, but Barto got played by his Papa Florentino yet again.

24. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #349 illusion, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    1. Dembele is a versatile player who can play as an advanced midfielder, winger, and wide midfielder. He is the one who can replace Iniesta.

2. Davinson Sanchez can replace Masch and Mathieu. So Pique, Umtiti, Marlon and Davinson in the defense.

3. RB

4. Deep lying CM like Verratti but he is expensive and hard to sign transfer.

--------------------MATS--------

RB/Palencia---Pique/Davinson---Umtiti/Marlon----Alba/Digne

-----------------------Busquets/Samper--------------------

-----------------Alena/Verratti-------------Iniesta/Dembele------

-------Messi-----------Suarez------------------Neymer

This formation based on 4-3-3 but Valverde will probably stick to 4-2-3-1

--------------------MATS--------

RB/Palencia---Pique/Davinson---Umtiti/Marlon----Alba/Digne

-------------------Raki/Gomes?-----Busquets/Samper--------------------

----Messi/Rafinha?---------Alena/Verratti-------------Neymar/Dembele-----

------------------------------Suarez/Paco---------------------

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    So bellerin is an almost sure bet that he will be returning?

Still unsure about him...but he is lightning quick and he would free up Sergio Roberto who could rotate into the midfield