Are you 22? The 2016-17 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by inswinger, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are so many better options outside the overrated players of EPL

2. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Talking about who to appoint, but I want to list some who I definitely don't want too see, Xavi, Eusebio, Unzue and most definitely not Wenger.

3. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Man I hope Barca signs Llorrente for next season.

4. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    We should try to sign Marquinhos/Veratti/Vietto/Oriol Romeu/Keep aleix Vidal.

5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    I'd be rather chuffed if we got Alonso from Bayern in the summer ( even on loan NOW !)

6. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Be Realistic lol

which Alonso? Xabi? The guy is like 45 years old. Not sure why he isn't in MLS or the Gulf. What next? sign Kaka on loan?

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Alonso isn't that old and would walk into our midfield , his passing and vision and experience is just what's needed .... he could easily do the Xavi role (?hardly a speed merchant ) .

8. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Depends what you consider old...

He is a year younger than xavi...

9. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is not even in the NT anymore. We don't need half season solution, we need younger midfielders, the management should do everything to get back Thiago since Verratti is not possible. Short term vision is why this management let go one of the best midfield talents we had recently.

Barcelona are the winners of youth UCL 3 years ago, what happened to that team? they all will be on loan or sold if it didn't already happen. The more reason Lucho had to go. Get some of our youngsters back like Deulofeu, Samper and even Adama playing so good now (he is just behind Neymar and Hazard on most take-on completed in Europe's top 5 leagues this season)

10. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    We should sign sampaoli as the coach and he will sell gomes and arda and sign arturo vidal. Also keep masche but sign marquinhos which must happen.but psg is a great team too but he should come to barca.

11. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Well scrap my idea .... he's just announced his retirement at the end of the season :)

12. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Marquinhos !?!

The one who played in the heart of PSG defence last night :)

As regards Arda ,he's a fabulous option to be able to choose from and he's been good this season .

Gomes only just turned 23 last week , he's young and supremely talented ... Real Madrid were desparate to sign him last Summer .

He's the future , Rafinha and Rakitic proved last night that they simply are not true Barca quality ..IMHO .

illusion repped this.
  13. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

14. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Marquinhos is an amazing defender and he can play CB and RB,he is perfect for Barcelona.Dont let one game fool you.

15. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not that I agree with you on Marquinhos as being amazing but assuming he is the greatest CB out there, do you think PSG is going to sell? Aren't we past this by now? Each summer for the past 3 seasons we are talking about this average defender but the issue is PSG is not selling period.

Who is better in your opinion? Marquinhos or Umtiti? Yet most did not know Umtiti before.

For me, Lemos is a better fit for Barcelona. Watch Las Palmas game against Real this season. Lemos performance is what I call "amazing".

16. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    The two CBs what would buy into our footballing philosophy are John Stones and David Luiz ...

17. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    no to both

I would take Bartra back over those two overly expensive purchases

18. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    not sure if serious, Luiz is one of the worst central defenders and Stones is suffering under Pep's system which is a representation of Barcelona football philosophy.

Lemos in comparison to other CBs

[​IMG]

19. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now Bellerin is flirting with Barcelona! I hope we don't end up singing him as I don't think he is better than Vidal. My choice would be Fabinho or Hysaj and will cost us half of what it would cost for Bellerin.

20. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    We should sign gerrard Delofeu,despite whateve rhappene din the past,he will be a great replacement for both messi and neymar off the bench and we need just 12 mio to sign him.

21. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    should be ok returning back but I would like him to play more and improve at Everton.

Verratti isn't happy at PSG according to his agent because he wants to win the UCL. This is the first time he said anything negative about PSG since he moved there. It will be difficult to sign him but not impossible now that the player himself wants out. Both Madrid and Bayern packed with WC midfielders so his best option is Barcelona.

Isco to Barcelona is likely in 2018 when his contract finish.

bronx_bull repped this.
  22. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Am not so sure about isco,Madrid are buying aguero and Perez will throw isco the other way.will isco refuse the transfer and sit in Madrid for the the year facing abused from the fans and the club? It takes a lot of mental strength to be like lucho,etoo or figo.not easy.

23. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    The players i would want are

1.Veratti
    2.Thiago
    3.Gerrard Deulofeu
    4.Fabinho/Cancelo

24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. illusion

illusion Member+

Aug 26, 2005
    From Hell
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #325 illusion, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    True, the only way is if he can maintain a good relation with the management and not risk benched the whole season that might affect his selection for the WC. But the interest from Barcelona is real and confirmed by Diego Torres.

Veratti is more likely than Thiago atm. Thiago will renew with Bayern and he is looking to be there for many years.

Yes to Fabinho and no to Cancelo.