Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florentino, please, please, please, go buy some players.

[​IMG]

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Said it before, if Courtois becomes available then we will definitely make a push. I'd even say that it is obligatory. Absolute phenomenon in goal. Would be a fantastic addition, even though I like Navas a lot.

4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    GK is our least problem... i wouldn't say no, but so many problemsa all over the pitch, imo gk should not be priority.

MerlinRM, Halycon, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  5. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I don't know why but I'm not that big of a fan of Courtois. Would almost rather see De Gea and he's also another I'd rather the club stays away from.

What a shame with Kepa and Donnarumma. Was more excited with those rumors.

6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #6 Ayayain, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    AS making an interview of Mariano, and asking him if Neymar would be good in Madrid. He says yes he would.

They take that line, and make it a big exclusive, in first page
    , as if what Mariano said would open us a door to sign neymar.

:ROFLMAO:

God I hope we really have Plan Bs or this summer will be a long painful one.

What the? Courtois is right now better than Kepa or Dollarumma.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Donnarumma has been pretty meh this year.

8. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.42.18 PM.png

Twitter poll has only been out a very short period of time, but nearing 5k votes its already got a decent sample size

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ******** Neymar, and goalkeeper is far from a priority at this point.

The solution to our woes is actually pretty simple: put aside the sentiment and get rid of the BBC. ALL of them. Bring back James, make Isco a starter, and get a striker who knows how to make runs and finish, with preferably also heading ability (Lewandowski fits the bill).

--------------------Lewandowski-------------------

Isco------------------------------------------James

------Kroos-------Casemiro-------Modric-------

Goals will not be a problem, Isco and James can score enough. Most importantly, we finally have control of the game without the possibility of the likes of Levante putting us to the ropes because they outnumber our midfielders.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Who in their right mind would want a soon to be 30 year old before a 25 year old.

Kane can do what Lewandowski can do be around for a while longer.

Excape Goat, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GK position is not the biggest priority but could definitely be upgraded. Would not mind Courtois.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we go with my idea, definitely, since we will have more than enough money. But if Florentino wants a full overhaul with bringing in the likes of Neymar and/or Hazard, we simply can't afford spending 70+ million on a goalkeeper.

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #13 Saeta Rubia, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Seems like he's not sure whether RM will show interest.

"If Real are really interested, my personal situation could affect things, yes," he continued.

"The family aspect is priceless.

"I understand the rumours, but I don't pay much attention to that, I'm focussed on Chelsea.

"If Real Madrid want me, they have to contact Chelsea, but they never have.

"The truth is that one day I will return to Madrid; I loved that city and spent three wonderful years there.

He just has only a year left. I won't mind seeing the old Flo taking decisions on his own and sign Courtois. Sell Navas directly if coach has problems telling him. I am tired of us carrying above average players.That's not the RM way. Navas is a 7/10 at best these days. He can make a good save like the Levante first goal which was on Ramos and also makes you feel he could do a bit better like in the 2nd goal, Villarreal's goal where his height was at disadvantage etc.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/02/06/5a7a0b74468aeb4c408b462c.html

I'd prefer Kane as well. More than the transfer fee, I am concerned about the wages. Lewa would want his last big contract so wages would be similar. 15 ME nett for 5 years to 30 year old Lewa or for 25 year old Kane? That could be an albatross of a contract when Lewa is around 33.

Anon. repped this.
  14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do not think Neymar would ever play for us because of the obvious reasons.

However, his birthday is February 5th, the same as CR7.

Butragueno also made his debut on February 5th. The date is significant to two of our number 7.

Hagi who had an unremarkable career here was also born on February 5th.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I have no doubt in my mind Neymar wants to play for Madrid.

If not now, some day.

His problem is he and his father still don't know from now on he is a Qatari slave.

Anon., Deep Pal, Chinky24 and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #16 Ahmadi8, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    I didn't say they were better. I felt more excited about the prospect of landing one of them. Reason is I felt they have potential to be more than world-class.

I feel like Courtois has regressed since leaving Spain. De Gea is a bitch.

I like the Oblak rumors. That I would be even more excited for than Donnarumma or Kepa. Do it Florentino!

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think we can get Courtois for 50-60 ME if we show interest. As his contract will run out in 2019. If we don't got for Hazard and Chelsea missing out on CL, Courtois negotiation could get easier. But we might pass on this opportunity too just to keep the current bunch.

18. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On that day in 1939, Franco was declared Caudillo de Espana, who, as we all know, :rolleyes: gave rise to the power of Real Madrid in Spain as a representative of the Spanish State.

9 years later on that same day, Sven Goran Eriksson was born in Sweden, who managed the English national team to ... not much glory at all, but England crashed out to Portugal on PK's with CR7 playing a role in perhaps getting man child Rooney sent off.

In 1975 on 2/5, Giovanni von Bronckhorst was born, who scored a screamer against Uruguay, in a game that Cavani played. Bronckhorst also played for the greatest club in the world :rolleyes::rolleyes:, Barcelona. Cavani plays on the same team as Neymar (I'm not sure playing together is the right term for the two's relationship).

In 1995, Adnan Januzaj was born to a Kosovar-Albanian family in Brussels, the same year Ed Harris, who looks like Sven Goran Eriksson, won an Academy Award in Apollo 13, but Januzaj now plays for Real Sociedad.

Guess who we play this weekend?

COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT.

5 - 2 = 3. This is going to be matchday 23. 3 + 2 = 5. The last match against Real Sociedad ended in a 3-1 victory. 3 - 1 = 2. 2/5 = February 5th.

[​IMG]

My head hurts now. Now I know what it's like to be @Excape Goat :D

9Qui, Ankur Upadhyay, Anon. and 7 others repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't mind getting Lewa because he has the experience to survive and succeed at a top club, under pressure. We still don't know how Kane will adapt to changing clubs/leagues.

Imho the only thing Kane has over Lewandowski is that he's younger, but if we want something like that let's just go all in for Mbappe in a couple of years, who's the much better player anyway.

Kane will also be significantly more expensive than Lewa.

Deep Pal and Hendrix22 repped this.
  20. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    If he cost a reasonable price, I'll happily buy Lewandowski. The way we play, we don't need a striker to run pass every player, step overs etc. Just put the ball in the back of the bloody net. Players today are fitter and if Lewandowski can give us 3 good years, £40m price tag will be worth it.

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lewa will cost significantly more than Auba imo. Won't be surprised if it's 90-100 ME as Bayern are not a selling club. No resale value and contract until 35 will negate him costing half as much as Kane.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the current market, if we can get him for 70-80M it would be a good deal because i see Kane costing north of 150M. Also, his current contract expires at 2021, so he's gonna be looking for either a new contract from Bayern or a new club.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Lewandowski train has passed. If we are looking 30 year old, then the best option is Cavani. Aggressive player - worker, who can score and has great value for money. As for long term solutions, i would opt for Icardi. Would fit CF position nicely. Also, considering i prefer 4-4-2 especially with such midfield, i would opt for SS. Option is Dybala, or if we bring back James.

As for midfield. I disagree with "classic" Kroos, Casemiro and Modrić midfield. With exception of Modrić, Casemiro and Kroos lack dynamics. As result, i would seek alternatives. We need to figure out Kovačić as soon as possible. Zidane should make him a starter - b2b position instead of Kroos and see if he finally reaches his potential. If not, replace him in the summer. Similary applies to Llorente and Ceballos. Give them a proper run of games in "A" - team instead of "trash" minutes and see if they produce.

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I read somewhere that Klopp is a candidate to replace Zidane. Any truth to that?

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The fools who created this rumor need to be beaten severely.

Deep Pal repped this.