Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get ready. 350 for Kane and Dybala. Let's go!!!

Anon. repped this.
  2. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Absolutely. It seems some can't move on though. They will be watching Wednesday's match drooling over Mbappe instead of supporting their team it seems. If he scores watch them all come out again.

I personally would love it if Mbappe has a horrid game and Ramos/Varane rough him up like a child. Asensio can come on to score the winner with un golazo and watch the sports media start jerking off to our 3million golden signing.

libertao repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    All three "targets" so far (Hazard, Kane, Salah), the reports have come from their end. They're trying to get us to come after them, not vice versa. You can include Courtois to that list as well.

Only player that the club has talked about publicly (and seem to be pushing rumors for in the press) is Neymar. So go figure.

raven3k, Deep Pal, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the biggest question going forward is what we plan to do with Ronaldo. If he stays, it makes no sense to go after Hazard or Dybala. I want to hear a plan where we move Cristiano.

5. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Don’t get me wrong. I don’t want Kane. There are other options out there that don’t cost 200M.

6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But we saw what happened with Verratti. PSG will be even more stern with Neymar. It's better if we start looking for realistic targets.

Anon. repped this.
  7. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    This is it.

It affects all signings. If he stays then we need to decide if he plays on the left or as a striker. From that we can decide if we need to sign a goalscoring striker (Kane,lewa,,icardi) or someone to replace him on the left (dybala, hazard, salah).

Dybala could also play false 9 too a la Benz role.

Club needs to decide what the hell they want to do and how they want to play.

Anyway ZZ does not want any big signings. Not today not in the summer. He said he wants all the squad to stay. "Yo muero con este equipo" - i die with this team. I dont expect big transfers with him in charge.

8. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If the club is really making the noise around Neymar, I have to assume they know something about the situation over there that we don't. Or they've gone totally crazy and are willing to spend 500m on him or whatever.

(I still do not want him anywhere near this club, personally, and I can't see it happening in any case)

Anon. repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #134 Shay Z, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Kane and Dybala with Bale sold and Benzema benched (maybe) or better yet sold so his wages off the books (wishful thinking). Hmmmmm...... its interesting.

ZO5 is right, Dybala, Hazard, Courtois and Salah are the ones who've basically sent a come and get me signal to us. Not so sure about Kane though. Between Dybala and Hazard its an either/or situation. Courtois would be a dream signing. Salah...... meh. We will still need a striker. Oh wait.......... Benzema never gets benched. *sadface*

Hypothetically, what if we sign Hazard and Salah and use Cris and Benzema up top? How would folks feel about that. I don't like it. Much rather we bring in a striker and a winger and sell Bale. My choice would be Lewandowski but he said a couple of days ago that this rumor is all a big nothing burger but today some Polish paper says his agent is saying its a possibility. Its unrealistic because why would Bayern sell to a hated rival like us but still my top choice.

I'll get behind pretty much anything as long as we do something. This standing pat shit Zidane likes so much is hurting the club.

Deep Pal, temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    If Benzema is the undisputed started next season I'm going to flip out

Digital, Deep Pal, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #136 Ayayain, Feb 9, 2018
    Don't assume anything. Barca fans thought the same last year. Lots of talks about Verratti on Barca's end as if he had some clause or something.

In the end, he had no way out.

I think we want neymar more than anything, and we make noises because we want to show we want him while hoping PSG would accept to enter negociations. The same thing Barca did with TS, marquinhos, then Verratti.

But when PSG don't want to sell, they mean it, and don't even reply to the phone. You can search for transcripts of Bartomeu agonizing over the situation because Qatar don't even pick up the phone.

I want Neymar here, and I'm sure Flo, and our board want it too. I think we plan to put incredible pressure on PSG. It would work with almost any club, but people shall know by now that PSG = QATAR. You're not dealing with some dudes, but with a football club that has a monarch as owner.

Even 500M won't make them bat an eye if they want Neymar to stay, because 500M for Qatar is like cents to us. They spend as much every weeks in Europe in buying buildings, and such (in France, and Great Britain for example)

I'm still laughing at those retarded culés not understanding that last summer. PSG is incredibly powerful because they are owned by a state. They don't care about pitiful threats from football clubs presidents.

That goes for neymar too. Even in the case he wants to join us (and so far he didn't show anything that proves he does), he will soon learn that he's in deep shit if he wants a way out.

But I'm sure he will repel those tears with the money he earns there.

In my case I'm desperate. I want Neymar or Mbappe more than any other players, but I know we have to deal with that horrible state-owned club.

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  12. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #137 Ayayain, Feb 9, 2018
    I don't want Kane either to be honest.

But the players I want are 99.999999999999% unavailable for sure.

TBH I would not want to be in Flo's shoes. He knows he has to buy world class players, but the only ones that fit are in my opinion Neymar, and Mbappe.

Dybala is, but Kane is not interesting at all at 200M.

He's basically the type of player to finish scoring chances (aka tap-ins), and like many others said, I'm sure we can find somebody good enough for that, and for less than 200M.

edit: I don't say he only does tap-ins, but that's mostly what we will expect of him with two wingers doing the rest of the work.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    'People seriously discussing transfers and how likely they are to happen in February during a World Cup year. Sigh

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Owen was solid in certain games. I recall he scored the only goal on a 1-0 win over Valencia. He relied on pace for a lot though, so when that fell off and/or injuries occurred he wasn't as amazing. I liked him though. I kept him on my squad in FM2005 haha.

15. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Players agents always say that when you want a transfer done you start to prep it from january onwards.

So nothing strange.

The WC will reduce the real merctao period though.

*If* we believe what Marca/AS said, Flo plans to have transfers done after the WC.

Personally I think that's a mistake to wait post WC. Imagine if our targets have an amazing WC? Their values will skyrocket.

I really hope we will have pre-deals ready, and signed before the WC.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Thinking about and discussing this season and the joys it has brought is frankly painful. So what else are folks going to focus on if not the green light across the foggy harbor?

I'd say its better for the overall health of Madridismo to talk about foolish pipe dreams like Neymar than to discuss our full back play or striker movement and finishing this season.

Aimar 21, Anon., Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  17. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    There's more to discuss than just Neymar though.

If Flo has not lost it, he must be preping the summer transfers now.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

MiamiNative0722 and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I'm not sure how many spurs matches you've watched but this is simply incorrect. Kane has probably scored more goals from outside the box than Benz or Bale have done in the last few years.

In fact he's got a great shot from outside the box. He also spends a lot of time on the wings linking up. He's not technically great, he keeps it simple.

He's not a player like messi or mbappe but that is never going to happen. He's a proper striker like Lewa.

Dybala(23) + Kane(24) for me. That would be magic. Definitely enough money for it especially with the sale of bale.

20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    A bowel movement is more interesting than our front line movement... SMH

Digital, Aimar 21, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  21. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I watched a lot of his games. And I already defended him - here on bigsoccer (use the search function ;) ) - against those that say he *only* does tap-ins.

See my edit in the post you quoted but ignored.

I think we can find a cheaper alternative, and that would fit the job we need from a striker here.

22. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

Lewandowski replying about his transfer to Real Madrid rumor:

"I'm well aware about it. I hear about that every years. I find no interest in those rumors, and I have nothing to add about it."

23. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    #148 Iscodisco, Feb 9, 2018
    Fair enough.

Who though? It needs to be someone who can replace the obscene amount of goals Ronaldo used to score and young enough.

I love Lewa but he's not going to be cheap either.

If we were concerned with monies then we could have signed Aubameyang for 65m (bundesliga top scorer) but Zidane doesn't want anyone.

I personally don't care if we spend 500m this summer. I give two shits. We are 20 points behind. Barca just spent 300 million on two subs. We have the money cause we are one of the lowest spenders in the last few years.

Kane + Dybala = -360 million

Sell Bale = +90million

24. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Dybala is above 100M. He won't be any cheaper than the likes of Coutinho. He has no release clause.

I don't care how much we spend either since it isn't my money.

As for giving a name: Icardi for example.

In my opinion the best possible outcome would be to bring back a full 4-3-3 with two versatiles wingers that can score, cross, and build up plays, and one lethal striker in the middle.

Of course that would mean selling Ronaldo, and given his recent comment, I'm not sure it will be an easy task.

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #150 robnycus, Feb 9, 2018
    The neymar thing is so ridiculous really. When was the last time we, or any other club for that matter, signed a super star after they had just played one year of their multi-year contract with their new club.

I know some people may be desperate that we get Neymar but come on.. use some comon sense here.
    What’s also funny is people who blame PSG as if they are the devil here and have no right to want to keep Neymar ..but hey is not like THEY JUST SIGNED HIM

Oh wait..

A player has to be completely unhappy with their new club and have a broken relationship with the owner/manager/players for him to want to break a contract just like that.
    That is not the case here.

Deep Pal repped this.