Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Rumors and Lies* thread FFS.

Ahmadi8, Doni, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Everyone knew these facts when he made the PSG move. If only he had the balls to make a direct move to RM from Barca.

3. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was asking some Inter and Napoli fans how do they think Roma vs Barcelona play out, they say it'll go down between 2 players. Messi vs Alisson. Supposedly in their eyes, Becker is the best GK in the world.

4. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, he does. Not sure if he's on the club's radar, though.

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't watch much Italian football, but if he performs like he did against Shaktar away on a regular basis. They'd have a good argument. That game should have ended with at least 2 more goals for Shaktar and ended the tie, some great saves from him lead to them qualifying for the next round.

6. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Serie A fans think Allison is the best in the world.
    Bundesliga fans think it's Neuer.
    EPL fans think it's De Gea.
    La Liga fans might be more biased towards Oblak and Ter Stegen. Notice a pattern?

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No to Lewandowski. He'll be 30 by the time season starts and he's a pure goal scorer. Having him and Ronaldo makes no sense. Neither is very fond nor proficient in assisting or feeding other players. Both love to be at the end of the pass and not on the other side of it.

Huge wages and transfer fee. Our core which brought us 3 UCLs is aging and we need to address it.
    Ronaldo 33 yo,Modric almost 33,Ramos 32, Navas 31. Our striker is 30 but plays like he's 35.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Cristiano has more career assists then many players have goals, yet we have to continue to hear nonsense about him not being fond or proficient in assisting.

Anon., Deep Pal, meringues and 6 others repped this.
  10. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Deep Pal, meringues, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.
  11. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #1111 Ayayain, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    PSG plan to keep Neymar seems to give him, and his father everything, even outside the range of PSG.

- According to Favard on LEquipeTV, the Neymar's Foundation recieved a huge, huge donation. But not from PSG, but Qatar itself.

- PSG is also publishing lots of stuff about the Neymar's Foundation, like this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIx_wNv6Ro

- On LEquipeTV they also talked about how the choice of the next coach is entirely dependant on Neymar, and his father.

- Favard added the Neymar clan put two list up. "Players to sell", and "Players to buy".

- Choose the new name, Neymar SG, or FC Neymar.

That's really pathetic. Even us with Ronaldo, the best player in the world, we don't do things like that. What a shit club.

"Gareth is not sad at Real Madrid. He isn't sad, and I think he is happy here. He's an important player." (Zidane during his press conference)

Carvajal was asked about Morata on a spanish show. He replied "Yes I want him back. He's a vgood friend, and a very good player." (El Transistor)

Milan Skriniar was interviewed about the rumors sending him to Real Madrid: "My future? I am happy here at Inter Milan." (Premium Sport)

Zidane05 repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    They could do this to all their major transfer targets too. It's like a drop in the ocean for Qatar or Abu Dhabi. Clubs depending only on football revenue will have a hard time in coming years.

Anon. repped this.
  13. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    So many people saying it's all good because that money is for poor kids in favelas.

But it doesn't feel right. It is like giving while expecting something in return. Kindness is not that. Sounds like business to me. And it isn't even PSG the football club doing that, but Qatar.

But if you dare to say that, you get a "you don't care for the kids". oh well :(

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not to mention they could even pay him for his own use through the foundation to circumvent FFP. His salary might be 37 ME on the books, but he's probably earning more than Messi through such methods.

15. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really don't want to see Neymar playing for Madrid. Seems like he'd be poison in the locker room and I really think the three CL titles in four years had a lot to do with him going to Barca. They got a gifted headcase, Madrid got to build a world-conquering team.

Much rather have Mo Salah to bolster the attack.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I like Lewa if he can get him for 100 ME. He can give us 3-4 years of top level and no question marks regarding his ability to manage pressure at a top club or show up in big games.

Salah will take 200 ME and probably 2 windows to convince the selling club like with Coutinho. That's if he pushes for the move as well.

Hsain85 and Los Merengues repped this.
  17. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    If we can get Lewa we should go for him, seems to be the perfect player for us.

Hsain85, Deep Pal, meringues and 2 others repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1118 Shay Z, Mar 17, 2018
    Lewandowski would be a dream signing. If we have to pay 100M for him i'm all for it. Excellent fit with Cristiano and a bridge to our next young striker project whoever it maybe. Him and Cristiano can ride into the sunset together in a few years after absolutely destroying every defense in Europe. And all the while it gives us time to nurture our own talent.

We all keep saying how no young striker or attacking player out there right now really makes us excited. Last one was Mbappe and he made his choice. So why not kick the can down the road a couple of years while having THE BEST striker in Europe on the team and wait for the next phenom young talent to emerge. I feel Lewandowski at 100M and high wages is a hundred times safer bet than say Werner at 80M or Icardi at 100M both of whom don't give anyone the fizz.

I am really liking these Lewandowski rumors. Well until he comes out tomorrow and shuts them down completely.

Deep Pal, PigBenis, meringues and 6 others repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Neymar is so much better than him though. It's a completely different level.

Hsain85 repped this.
  20. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I advocated us going for Lewandowski a couple months ago and am still completely on board. If Griezmann is indeed going to Barca, I don’t see a better or safer striker option on the market.

I imagine 100ME would be the max we would have to pay for him. But if Lewa and his agent really push for a move citing a desire for better wages, we should be able to negotiate for less.

Hsain85 and Shay Z repped this.
  21. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Neymar's overrated. Fabulous when he's on, but when he's not you're left with a petulant diver who gives the ball away. Salah will give you pretty much the same production for less money (though still a huge pile of it) and without the prima donna act.

If Perez brings in Neymar, we'll regret it. Marca and AS will love it - endless drama.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #1122 Shay Z, Mar 17, 2018
    Neymar is at least 3 times the player Salah is. I think you are underrating his ability because of his personality.

Not since prime Messi from a few years ago do I remember a player come to the Bernabeu and absolutely put the fear of the bijeezus in Madridistas like Neymar did last month. Every time he had the ball and ran I held my breath and started praying.

Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree with this. He looked unstoppable every time he got the ball, but thankfully his decision making was piss poor. Lineker despite his bias when it comes to Barca made a great point about Messi. Very rarely do you find a player that has that kind of skills and the decision making to go with it. Neymar is the best dribbler in the world, but played too selfishly that night which cost them in the end.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude stay off the crack pipe....

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    With Neymar looking impossible, Flo might turn to a EPL star again like 2013. Kane unlikely given cultural issues and Bale set to leave, Hazard having an underwhelming season. Maybe Salah will be the chosen one. Egyptian FA and coach has been hyping up a RM move. Egypt has a fair chance of qualifying from their group as well. If Salah carries Egypt to QF like James did with Colombia last time, that'd be a dream scenario for Flo. Also huge market for growth for RM with 95 Million population. Flo already very active in Morocco with RM brand.

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/...supporters-group-5th-anniversary-celebrations