Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hhhhm, was this reported somewhere and I missed it? I thought when the future fee was inserted into a deal, the player signs off that their rights can be swapped to the other team for the agreed-upon figure? I seem to remember Morata saying he was happy & willing to stay at Juve, but "it wasn't up to him." Can't for the life of me remember a situation where a player has used any sort of veto-rights.

2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Entirely depends on how the loan contract is made.

We can't know unless the player's lawyer/s releases it. And it rarely goes public.

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah legally it all depends on the contract. But my point was that it seems 99.9% of deals seem to get the player's consent when the loan begins. I can't remember any veto situation at all, so my assumption is that this is like any other football deal and we're screwed.

4. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The fee for the transfer of James is settled between Bayern and Madrid, the only way the transfer isnt happening is if James refuses the wage Bayern offers. He can ask for a salary Bayern cannot pay just to push for his Madrid move.

If he doesnt get assurances from Madrid on being undisputed starter I am not sure he will want to take that gamble. He will be 28 next summer and have only one contract left in him

Shay Z, Açores57, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  5. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We desperately need a player who finishes said chances first and foremost.

6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    In France, loans were discussed, and they said it depends how it is made with the lawyers, and between the clubs.

They discussed it because of some spanish rumors about Mbappe's loan.

From what they gathered:

- You (the club that gets the player) can pay his salary he earns at his original club. In part or in full.
    - But you can do like PSG did, and start paying him the salary he would earn as if it was normal transfer (that's what PSG did).
    - They said the transfer of Mbappe was automatic with him having no say in it as he gave content last summer. His contract at PSG was signed last year, and got automatically official at the end of the loan with Mbappe having no say in it.

I don't know about loans, but for example, for buy-back option, the contract can be quite complicated.

Case in point, Deulofeu to Everton, and barca buy-back option: https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.co...-clause-transfer-news-everton-ac-milan-latest

In France at the time, they said Deulofeu could refuse to go back (not mentioned in this article though).

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well yeah a striker is needed even if we signed messi or mbappe, or neymar. We need a finisher.

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  8. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Not saying this is some genius plan by Flo or something. I am just seeing the deal as glass half full rather than half empty. Given the situation the club was put in I feel the Club came up with the best possible solution.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    James has been on a 6 ME nett deal since 2014. I can see him asking double that if he has another good season at Bayern. If Bayern doesn't break their wage structure, he could end up coming back to RM or join a EPL club. Ozil gets paid 300k+ a week there which is a travesty.

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    So glad we got rid of him. How mediocre was he again with the gunners yesterday?

Prit Javier repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He will do whatever his agent tells him to just like all other Mendes clients. If Bayern pay Mendes another sweet agent fee, he's a Bayern player with a long term contract next season.

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    and Ozil is playing sht hahaha. Flo wasn’t gonna give him a pay rise, so he was sold!

13. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He was shit even in 2013

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only on bigsoccer you'll see people claiming Gendouzi is an exciting player while claiming Mesut Özil who has the record for goals assisted for a 4 World Cup winning country "has always been sh*t".

Shay Z, S1na, Digital and 5 others repped this.
  15. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think there is another group of individuals who post here that think it shouldn’t be all or nothing for the club. We’ve made some very financially astute signings over the last year, including Courtois for 35m this window. We should have had the ability to sign someone that could provide attacking support to the existing forward cast, even if that meant spending more than the average person/poster would value that player at.

Comparing a situation where we spend more on an attacker than we would like to vs. the financial mess that Milan or Barcelona might be in soon are not the same. As others have pointed out, even a loan option would have been favourable.

Some of the choices made this transfer window by Flo point towards his faith in players that we just don’t rate, e.g. Mayoral.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why are you hating on FellianiJr? Kid is actually a great looking prospect.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I've been told by a couple of Bayern fans that James agreed personal terms with Bayern when he signed the loan. There's not gonna be a negotiation with him as he already agreed to the deal.

It's confusing really as there's no clear report on his situation. I personally believe that he still has some say, i doubt his greedy ass agent would agree to that. He's gonna play both sides when the loan ends and see who comes up with a better offer for both James and himself.

18. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    1.I just said Gendouzi did a magical pass
    2.I never said he was always shit but he was mediocre again yesterday

No need to change my words.

Kroosinator repped this.
  19. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yet you come here years after he was sold, saying you are "so glad we got rid of him". I sure as hell wasn't glad we got rid of him, I can tell you that. He was a supremely talented #10, who actually was incredibly fun to watch and was loved by the fans (reference is made to the Bale presentation...). The fact that he went to Arsenal (basically lowering his ambition..) and is (arguably) 'done' as a superstar, doesn't have anything to do with his time at Real Madrid, which was filled with incredible moments.

S1na, Digital, -Reivax- and 3 others repped this.
  20. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Well each is entitled to have his own opinion. This is a forum where we discuss . If we all agree with each other , there wouldn't be a forum .

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's astoundingly average and basically the new Abou Diaby/Alex Song.

Around the time we got Özil, Mesut was worth paying a ticket for. Completely different talent class.

Same thing with Aubameyang, people here were calling him a steal at 70 mil, but we're talking about a player worse than Adebayor who we bought as a last chance fill the gap solution.

Digital and temesgen repped this.
  22. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Well I agrre on that one. But do you think apart from with his NT , that Ozil fully advantaged of his talents? He played very well at times at Madrid but with his talent , I think others would have done more. To me , he looks lazy and dissapears a lot in big matches. And yesterday was proof of that . Again.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This entire post is filled with hyperbole against players you don't like, yet you just lambasted others for doing the same to a player they don't like (Ozil).

Ozil was fantastic. Just because he has been horrible the first two matches of Arsenal season doesn't change his past.

FellianiJr looks like a great prospect; even Ozil would say this. Just because some people online hated on Ozil's career doesn't change that.

If you believe he is astoundingly average, then I don't think you've seen him.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I watched Arsenal in preseason and both of their matches so far. He works hard, but i don't think he's a special talent.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    What I see is a player who can keep possession, has great vision and nice touch on his passes, lobs and crosses. The fact he is only 19 is what makes me appreciate these skills.

Btw, I'm not saying we should sign him. I'm just crediting a player I initially was bashing then saw growing into things.

We all know the midfielder I want (Pogba) which you don't like or rate. :D