Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #7426 Ayayain, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Joke or not, they have two direct quotes from Florentino himself.

And Flo really told them that Vinicius, and Odriozola are fantastic signings.

9Qui repped this.
  2. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius WAS a fantastic signing last year, can’t use that card this year Flo, sorry.
    Odriozola is anything but fantastic in our eyes, promising yes, but not fantastic. I guess he’s got to say what he’s got to say, but he shouldn’t forget that most fans of a club like this are not fickle or stupid.

3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    F*ck me, if he’s done in the market this year (with or without Courtois) then there’s something fishy going on, and it’s probably the stadium redevelopment. Is it even needed???

4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Flo never said we won't sign anyone besides Odriozola.

What he meant is that Odriozola is part of those fantastic signings.

More signings can happen.

edit: I edited my post above to avoid misunderstandings. Again, Flo never said there won't be signings beyond Odriozola.

5. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well there’s two fantastic signings already in his opinion, third is possibly Courtois, then we might be done.
    Strengthening the GK position, defence (Nacho can also focus on being a CB now), midfield remains the same, our attack is weaker. Net net the same?!?

6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I give him the benefit of the doubt, and will wait september 1st before raging if there's reason to rage.

Shay Z and Umar repped this.
  7. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

Hazard asked Chelsea to make his transfer to RM easier. Chelsea wants 223ME, but RM thinks they can get him for way less. Chelsea wants to replace him with Martial. (Duncan Castles)

I will say it again, but Duncan has very good infos when it's about Mourinho, and/or Manchester United. So while his info about Martial is probably true, take his infos about Hazard with a grain of salt.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who is arguing this point?

Chinky24 repped this.
  9. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Thought you argued against Marca on that too, sorry then xD

(Marca making up dialogues would not surprise me though lol)

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    No, I know the dialogue is correct. I saw where Florentino initially said that on Friday during Vinicius presentation.

What I'm mocking is how they use his words to spin their previous lies to make it seem like they weren't just making stuff up.

11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2.5 weeks left in the EPL transfer window. No galactico level signings as expected. Sweet.

12. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh how I wish AS could be right for once this time

14. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's honestly how I'm making myself feel better about all of this ... think of Bale as a new signing and hope he stays healthy.

Whole thing could crash down spectacularly but I think we're in for a few nice surprises.

Anon. and saadomar repped this.
  15. RM or None

RM or None Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope you guys have read this already

After the 2014 World Cup, Real Madrid signed James Rodriguez in what remains their most recent substantial investment in one player.

He was the top scorer at the tournament and the club decided that he must come to Madrid, whatever the cost, a similar tactic they'd used previously in the case of Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Four years later, it seems that the strategy has changed.

In his most recent speech, at the presentation of Vinicius Junior, Florentino Perez made it clear that the market has gone wild in recent years and his words seem to suggest that Real Madrid will not get carried away as others have.

What will happen is that the club will keep their cool and will not pay whatever it takes for players on the market.

Neymar and Kylian Mbappe have been ruled out, unless there is a major twist, and both have confirmed that they won't leave Paris Saint-Germain, whilst the club will not spend what they believe to be an unreasonable amount on any other candidate, from Eden Hazard to Mauro Icardi.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/07/22/5b537bf1ca47415f2b8b463f.html

"I said a few days ago that we would strengthen our squad with magnificent players and that's what we're doing, [Alvaro] Odriozola is one, and so is Vinicius.

"We will put our faith strongly on the young talents that one day want to be the best in the world.

"That's why Real Madrid are intensely strengthening the process of looking for young players."

16. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    If we are gonna go this way, Perez must be patient. He can't expect the manager to win trophies every season.

Shay Z, libertao, HZinho and 4 others repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems the roles have been reversed. Real Madrid will be banking on buying young talent early and nurturing them. PSG and Man City will be buying up the galactico level ready made talents. A change in philosophy that hopefully brings us success in a market where we are priced out of our targets or have players in clubs that don't need to sell.

Gone are the days where the most expensive players belonged to Real Madrid. It's a relief for most of us. But underneath that relief you are curious and nervous about what comes next. A Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't land on your lap every generation.

libertao repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is like asking Real Madrid to shed its identity. What makes Madrid what it is is that there's a demand for a trophy every year. This isn't Arsenal, Liverpool or Dortmund. We want our team to be winning each and every year. Otherwise we'll become a spanish Man Utd.

Anon. and Yannick Relens repped this.
  19. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    the time of Hazard is running off the window of the English transfer market has like 3-4 weeks left..
    i doubted if we will succeed to bring a crack like Neymar\Hazard\Mbappe

20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't know. 60's Real Madrid, after the Di Stefano era looks to be less star studded than the late 50's. Our 1966 EC winning team was full spanish. Amancio and Gento were our best attacking players i think.

Screenshot_20180723-082855.jpg

21. Fuera del Juego

Fuera del Juego Member+

May 10, 2007
    Nevada
    Given the past few years of success and sales, I assume we have money. If there is no one available who we think is an immediate impact player, I wouldn't mind if we just punt this year, role with what we have (which is still a top 8 line up in my eyes) save maybe a cheap striker rental, and use the 120 million we would have spent on Hazard to buy 3 more Vinicius/Rodrygo type talents and leave them with their clubs for the next year or so. Or a couple more if there aren't any quite at their level available. Then spend 10 to 20 million to make it extremely likely that Castilla comes up to Segunda next year. Then when all the wunderkids start coming of age, you have a team that you can use to ensure they get games at a decent level even if you bring them along slowly with the first team.

Obviously this acknowledges a bit of a fin de siecle, but if there is really no superstar available it seems like it sets us up for the future better than waiting for someone to emerge and then having to bid against the state backed clubs. Obviously not every 16 year old star works out, so you're taking risks, but the way the market is going we would likely get back a decent chunk of a 40 million investment even for players that don't turn into 1st team Madrid level players if we sold them at 21 or 22.

Plus, I'd be more excited to watch Castilla games in a few years. :)

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Individually they may have all made mistakes, Modric included, but as a trio Kroos-Casemiro-Modric is the best in the world and they've proven it time and time again.

Digital repped this.
  23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am surprised we aren't going for Lewandowski. I know he had showing in the WC and last seasons UCL but he's still a top forward, one of the best really and we could use a goal scorer like him with the talent we have. Getting him for 80M-100M and Courtois for 135M and i think we are set for now. We'll have a year to see how Asensio and Isco work out and whether Vinicius is ready to have a role similar to Varane's while he was being developed or he should be loaned out next season.

Lewa is a proven goalscorer and has shown he can play really well in a heavy possession side (which i expect us to be next season).

Courtois
    Dani - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
    Casemiro
    Kroos Modric
    Bale Lewandowski Isco​

Shay Z, 9Qui, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    If we aren't going to sign a striker, this would be the dumbest move ever . We need two strikers. And we have one. Who can't score.
    I m worried , very worried. I know with the JL style of play the plan is everyone can score. But we don't have any players with real good finishing skills apart from Bale and Asensio.
    Yes , Kroos , Isco , Modric and Vazquez can score goals . But to rely upon those ? Bad gambling.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We criticize EPL teams all the time for spending huge sums of money on players without a noticeable improvement for the team, I won't be too critical here unless we fail to sign a CF. Letting both Mariano and Morata go last season was nuts.

S1na and Digital repped this.