Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Majority of last season?, I disagree with this premise, the midfield was the most stable part of the team last season, creating numerous chances that the goal scorers failed to take and fighting tooth and nail to help out the defense trying not to give up goals,

as it stands now personally Kova, a player I like a lot does not automatically replace any of the midfield 3, he is a good exciting talent but no need for rewriting history and tearing down other players to put forward his case, IMO he still has decision making issues when and where to pass and when to hold on to the ball, if he is patient like Varane, his time will come, but if he wants to go and we get a good fee as most say no point in trying to hold on to an unhappy player, this is Madrid, with the best of the best mostly, gotta wait your turn, had good minutes in good games last season

Eddie, Zidane05 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  2. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    why i don't like this silence at all? clock ticking,..

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Isco played lionshare of minutes yet after an international break was complaining about minutes.

They always do if they don't start every match.

Yet they can't start every match because their bodies can't handle it.

That's why they have a manager... to manage

4. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ehh with Isco and Kova I think the source of the discontent was/is the players' [correct] perception that they weren't "first choice" rather than just minutes played in the purest sense.

Shay Z and libertao repped this.
  5. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks like Hazard is not attainable, Chelsea are high on sniffing glue. The only force that can push the dial is Hazard pushing for the move, along with some sensible and pragmatic conversations between the club. If Hazard is adamant on not signing a contract, Chelsea’s stubbornness will only make him want to leave even more. By next year his value will be around 50-60m, with one year left on his contract. I don’t get why Chelsea are doing a Bayern?!

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    United have supposedly offered him an improved contact ...

7. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Talk about rewriting history. Kroos fighting tooth and nail helping out defense? What am I reading. How many times were people here fuming at Kroos walking back on defense or not bothering to stick a foot in? Isco lost his starting role and admitted he wasn’t good enough. Casemiro while not the most skilled, at least the effort was always there. Modric is Modric.

The fact is our starting 11 top to bottom got complacent and wasn’t good enough in the league, whatever, it happens. We didn’t lose the league in January cause of our attackers, that’s a cop out. Everyone was bad.

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  8. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    There was a reporter ( linked to Chelsea) on the radio ten minutes ago and he's confident you'll get Hazard in the next few days .. he said that the crucial factor was that Hazard was pushing things along .
    He also reckons it may be as much as £200 million ..

9. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    1.Why is Courtois not allready here ?
    2.If Hazard isn't coming , which marvellous players was Flo talking about?
    3.Why aren't we linked to any striker ?
    4.This transferperiod gives me the shivers

10. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    patience young grasshopper

Eddie repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Well that better be false

12. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It actually makes a lot of sense from their perspective, because if they manage to hold on to him this summer there's probably a good chance he'll sign a new contract. Everyone involved knows we're not likely to go back looking for him next summer.

I think this one is pretty obvious. The deal is probably done but Chelsea are probably asking us to hold off until they secure a replacement.

13. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    For me Kroos is not an undisputed starter. He is incredibly arrogant and complacent and lazy. Without Modric and Casemiro we would be nothing.

Peformance and attitude wise Kroos should be on the bench. Even Isco tracks back more than him. He needs bench time. Way too arrogant.

14. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dont agree with this modric was no where near hes best and kross was horrible for most the season. Are midfield was dominted in pretty every big match we played bar liverpool.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Your changing the posts left right. First it wasn't a lot of minutes, and that was false. Then he didn't start meaningful matches, and that was wrong. Now he had players ahead of him that weren't good (???). But how good was he though? Isco won a spot by literally playing out of his mind and forcing the coach into a move. Kovacic has not done anything remotely close to that. You don't demand to be a starter, you prove it.

Digital repped this.
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  17. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Midfield was the most complete piece of our puzzle last season but for me there were plenty of times when they were collectively slow to get back on a counter, not willing to get stuck in a stop a transition. I'm mostly addressing Kroos here.

The other minor issues for me was 1) a lack of creativity but I blame the attack for being too static and 2) I'd like to see more ambition to shoot from distance and 3) take on players 1v1.

Digital repped this.
  18. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We should offer him a contract and more playing time as he won’t be first choice at United.

19. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Anon. repped this.
  21. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    More infos from http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2018/07/22/5b536323e2704e1c4f8b457a.html :

- We discarded Alisson because of his price tag.
    - We refuse to enter the arena for big transfers that in our opinion cost too much.
    - Even in the case we thought about Mbappe, and Neymar, they both refused us.
    - Florentino's new strategy (he himself talks like that to Marca) is to go all out in the search for young promising players or if we have to spend on confirmed players, it will be only if it can improve the team.

22. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    That is a great long term strategy but with what we have now we will fail . And fail hard .

23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #7423 Ayayain, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    http://elbernabeu.elespanol.com/art...ender-mbappe-madrid/20180722163139073620.html

Duncan Castle claimed on his podcast that "Qatar wanted to sell Mbappe to Real Madrid or City but chanegd their mind".

I can tell you that on french side, this is considered fake news as people close to PSG, and Qatar, as well as insiders like Culture PSG or Paris United always claimed that Mbappe is even more unstraferable than Neymar in the eyes of the Emir of Qatar.

Up to you to believe anyone.

But who can believe PSG was OK to sell to City? (for those that don't follow the news, City is owned by a state that hates Qatar, and in return Qatar hates them. City is always considered the club that PSG will not make deal with. PSG would like to swap shirt sponsor now, but Fly Emirates refuse to let go of the last year of contract they have with PSG. Which adds to Qatar furious reaction towards City) Duncan is spreading BS imho.

24. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So now he thinks we’re stupid. Doesn’t surprise me what he’s said tbh.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Marca are a joke. All they are attempting to do make excuses for not really knowing what was going on in the past.