Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Daniel Levy being Daniel Levy, I can’t see Kane going for less than €200m at this rate.

libertao repped this.
  2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    If Coutinho was 160, Kane's price won't be 150. Expect Levy to ask 200M or more.

And Kane said many times he loves Tottenham, so he won't do the same thing Bale did. We won't be able to make the price be lower.

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People who think money doesn't grow on trees.

Prit Javier repped this.
  4. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know this is an awful argument, right? If money doesn't grow on trees, then it gives more reason to invest in the long-term player rather than Lewa who we would have to replace 2-3 years later

Anon. repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    According to Josep Pedrerol Zidane will remain in Madrid next season. But, supposedly Isco is leaving and he will be replaced by Hazard. :laugh:

The way the club is run at the moment, i would not be surprised if we manage to delete everything positive club has done in recent years. Extending CR7 and Benzema, possibly even keeping Bale while droping James, Isco, Morata and possibly even Asensio, Ceballos and co..

temesgen repped this.
  6. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

natenate101 and janos audron repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    No, it's not an awful argument. Investing in the long term doesn't mean throwing 200+ on one player who:
    1. Isn't a game changer.
    2. Won't bring much money off the pitch to offset that investment.
    3. Will take up such a significant portion of the transfer budget (while not justifying it) and ensure that the club wouldn't have enough money to even bring in players that he would need to rely on to do his job.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I think he said "if" Zidane remains, rather than Zidane "will" remain.

With that said, the credibility of the source is shit at best.

9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    80-100 million on Lewa.... 2-3 years down the road how much do you expect us to spend on a striker to replace him? another 80-100 for a 30 year old? The market will be even more crazy then. In the long term, it would be more expensive to go that route.

It's one thing to evaluate Kane for his talent, but its another to pretend that the Lewa route is the more financially affordable move.

"Won't bring much money off the pitch to offset that investment" I guarantee you Kane would pull more money off the pitch than Lewandowski would.

Anon. and AppleBob86 repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I got it at local site. So, maybe it was poor translation.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That's a price you made up. Even so, I'd rather pay that, and invest 20-30M in a young player that we can groom for the next 4 years to be ready to overtake Lewandowski. That's a far more sensible approach, both short and long term, for a team that's trying to compete now and in the future.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah we have a fantastic track record of that. No problem.

AppleBob86 repped this.
  13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I mean you're right, it's not like we signed two of the best strikers in club history (Raul and Higuain) for peanuts and developed them here.

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We bought Higuain for 12 million at a time when the most expensive transfer in the same window in the epl was 8 mill. 20-30 mill won't get you Danilo now or a 16 year old brazilian who hadn't even played top flight football. You're kidding yourself if you think we will produce a top striker at that price now.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I see a lot of pulling at strings and 0 justification for paying 200+M on what essentially amounts to be a poacher.

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also see 0 justification for the argument that "money doesn't grow on trees" is a good justification for Lewandowski because I argue that that will be the more expensive route in the long run, which is where this started.

Again, evaluating his talent is a whole other debate. This conversation started by me telling you that your first argument was weak.

If you want to debate whether Kane is worthy, we can do that, but dont pretend you're also being financially savvy by spending a ton on a 30 year old that we will have to replace in an even crazier market in 2-3 years.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hell we can buy Lewandowski and Dybala for the price of Kane plus 30 or 40 million. How about that for an argument? Or I'd rather buy Lewandowski and another 16 year old for 40 million before I buy Kane for 200+. All of those options are not only less expensive than Kane in both short term and long term, they'd bring in more revenue for the club. You want to pretend that's not true, that is up to you.

18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You talk about me making up numbers, and that is what you do with your made up numbers for Dybala and Lewandowski

Word of advice: if you want to be financially savvy, don't buy 30 year olds! If you don't like Kane, go get Icardi. Many options are preferable to buying Lewandowski. Stop pretending buying 30 year olds is financially smart.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You made up a 80-100M valuation for Lewandowski, I'm going by what you decided to make up, and the Dybala asking price was quoted to be 160M.
    Yup, should have never bought Ruud. Colossal mistake.

Before quoting me, maybe you should go back and check what the original post I quoted was, which was directly comparing Lewandowski and Kane.

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wouldn't want Lewandowski either. Old, had his chance, will ask for a premium salary, and I don't see Bayern giving us a bargain price to get him.

IF Bayern even sell to us, they would just fund that money to get Werner. I'd rather take a chance on him, than spend crazy on an old player that already declined coming here once and is just trying to get a contract that encompasses more of his older years (his current is untill 2021) with a high salary.

But all this talk of a new striker is probably moot. If Zidane is here, Benzema will be 1st choice. So it doesn't matter much who we get, as he would be playing second fiddle.We'll probably bring Vinicius here to take the 2nd spot.

The biggest chance of a new addition in the starting line-up I think will be the rightwing spot where Bale is. I am kind of worried that will be Hazard.

Anon., Akramzizou and natenate101 repped this.
  21. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    PSG won't sell with him easily.... Perez won't pay for the price that they will be asking. I think you already know what I am talking about. Yes, he is Qatari slave for the next few years. In two or three years, he will be 28 or 29 years old. His age will be an issue very soon. I don't want to stereotype about Brazilian megastars.. Ronaldinho, Robinho and Ronaldo 9 all faded quickly around that age. Kaka too, but he had an injury, right?

In my heart, I suspected that Neymar has something down his sleeve. Something seemed fishy about his transfer to PSG. My guts always tell me that there are more to the story and he is going to play for us one day!

22. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #47 Ayayain, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    There's nothing fishy. PSG offered him gold everywhere.

Look at his birthday. PSG's president, and all the board were at his party. Actually they participated in making it real, and were there partying with him. They paid the city of Paris to get commercials on the street everywhere about Neymar birthday. Eiffel tower, avenues, boulevards, big shops, hotels. You had electronic commercials everywhere paid by PSG to wish him an happy birthday. It was ridiculous.

I never saw that before. Even us were embarrassed last year when Ronaldo made a big party for his birthday. PSG is taking the other route. They give everything to Neymar, and everything Neymar does is "good".

You had Emery saying this Neymar party was great, perfect. In which world a coach would say it's perfect to drink, and dance till 5 AM just before the most important game of their season? As I said: ridiculous.

They made it FC Neymar, and offered him anything he wants + anything he will ask for in the future.

As for its contract, there's nothing real about the release clause talked about in Spain. Even his own lawyer said there's nothing like that, hidden or not.

Like most Brazilians, he likes money a lot, same with his father. He signed for FC Prison, and will have to live with it.

But I don't think he cares, as he is paid so much, with no many advantages it's ridiculous.

And he had one more good news this week end, France changed the laws about foreign workers to give them even more advantages (about taxes, and such).

edit:

Even on Paris town hall wtf:

[​IMG]

23. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Don Balon / DailyStar:

- Neymar still RM top priority.
    - Zidane asked Flo to give the boot to Isco.
    - Flo plans to offer Isco+money in exchange for Neymar.
    - Flo wants to sell bale, and replace him with Dybala.
    - Flo wants a winger, and Salah tops the list.

Diario Gol

- Bale <> Hazard swap in talks.
    - Coutinho claims, according to Diario Gol, that Kane has an agreement to join RM.

SPORT

- De Gea is Madrid top priority.

El Gol Digital

- Secret meeting between RM, and Neymar planned to transfer him in Madrid.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    What I think is that he does not see himself playing at a top level past 30/31 and that he wants to conquer titles (both Individual, WC & CL) before retiring and replacing Cris and Messi as the undisputed best player in the world. . If he can do that at PSG that is where he'll stay for the next 4 years and that all begins in just 7 days from today.

Excape Goat repped this.
  25. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Mbappe about Ronaldo:

- He's not done. If he's done, then most players are. He's a danger. He'll be hard to beat.