Review: Are Spain the best Team ever?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by matt astill, Jul 1, 2012.

1. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

No, either you didn't watch the full match or you watched it with biased eyes . Holland played very very rough ( even with spain in the final ).

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The Confederations Cup over the European Championship? An 8-team tournament over a 16-team tournament? o_O

The Euro has all of the best teams in Europe while the Confederations Cup usually has no more than 3 elite teams.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree Netherlands played rough. But the thing is, they are perfectly allowed to play rough. It doesn't make them unfair winners when they win. That's football still: you can play it in many styles. Had they won the final, they would've deserved it as well.

RoyOfTheRovers repped this.
  4. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes one of the best teams of all team certainly the greatest run of all time 2008-2012. I would take Brazil 2002, Brazil 1982 and Argentina 2006 over them. But overall yes best team of all time.

5. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You must be talking talent wise then because those two teams won nothing.

6. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Yes Talent wise of course I would cite Italy 1990 in that group as well.

7. RoyOfTheRovers

Jul 24, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[Since we're "going nuts" on the speculation front: Why not England '58 IF the "MAD" had never happened?]

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Brazil '02 might have had a lot of big names on their squad but most were either past their prime (Rivaldo, post-injury Ronaldo) or still very young (Kaka , Ronaldinho). Very different from Spain 2007-12 where most of the core of the team were peaking at the same time.

1998 Brazil >> 2002 Brazil. :cool:

9. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    hmmm with a ONE TIME wonder no name Schilacci?

10. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The 98 and 2002 Brazil team was better and they had the same core group.

I think a WC finals appearence is worth 2 EC. Plus to top it Brazil has Copa America and Confedarations victories..

puertorricane repped this.
  11. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Especially since Brazil cannot participate in Euro , where as Spain can participate in Confederations by either winning EC or WC..

Thats why i think not winning the confederations cup is a knock on Spain and down grades anyones claim about this spanish side being the best team ever

12. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Neither Brazil or Argentina can participate on the Euros.

13. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    to sum up, Spain won 2 Euros but failed 2 confeds - please never said they did not take this cup "seriously" ! Now they did not make them much worse though, but just to highlight "no team is truely invincible"

14. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    True I didn't factor that in, plus Brazil 2002 didn't face a great team . England was the best they saw that year.

15. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sure Schilacci was a flash in the pan I'm talking about the other players. Zenga, Ferri, Baresi, Bergomi and Maldini on defense. Donadoni, Giannini on midfield and on attack. Not to mention a young Baggio going wild that year. Vicini lost it for them with his sub.

16. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0

puertorricane repped this.
  17. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I know ... but Italy NT always great with their defense (traditionally) The team 82 > 90 easily and the team 94 can also rival 90 quite easily