Are All These DV cases Going to Screw up Hope Solo?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by sisterluke, Sep 20, 2014.

1. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Is there anyone here who approves of civil forfeiture other than maybe Jake?

2. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Because playing for the national team is equal to someone's personal legal problems.

3. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    As the piece itself highlights ...
    1. US Soccer is expected to have a lower standard of proof than the US court system.
    2. US Soccer was remiss in its failure to even investigate what Solo had done to generate negative attention.
    And while the piece doesn't say this, I think the evidence that's come to light is more than enough to discredit both Hope "I didn't hit anyone" Solo and her attorney ("She had a glass of wine"). I'm sure the victims have their own problems, but I don't see how that excuses Solo's behavior.

4. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because expressing a personal opinion on a message board is the same as being a member of a jury.

5. Plxix

Plxix BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 13, 2006
    When Solo talked the talk in 2007 then brilliantly walked the walk in 2008, the haters felt a sharp pain up the rectum all the way to back of the throat. The pain never went away.

Red card inc.

6. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Husband comes to Hope Solo's defense: 'It is a witch hunt'
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...and-nfl-domestic-violence-world-cup/71169782/

7. Cubanlix63

Cubanlix63 Member+

AFC Ajax
    Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah it is her husband but, Jerramy Stevens is the wrong person to defend you when it comes to assault. He once beat up a guy so bad that he had to eat from a straw for 6 months. And that would be far from the last time he had run ins with the police.

8. Morris20

Morris20 Member

Jul 4, 2000
    Upper 90 of nowhere
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Semblance17 repped this.
  9. IKickAndIm50

IKickAndIm50 Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think publicity for WoSo is good in general. Also, I like that we have a goalkeeper that might intimidate or scare other teams a little.

10. steelers07

steelers07 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #462 steelers07, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    So because I was curious, I asked a friend of mine who's in the legal field to dig into this. Some (if not most) of the legal documents are available to the public and can be found online. From what my friend has gathered, he's surprised the judge reversed their initial decision because he thinks there's way too many inconsistencies from the victims about that night and their behaviour afterwards. If I'm not mistaken, didn't the police hand the evidence back to the victims?

I'm not saying Solo is completely innocent (she honestly shouldn't have been drinking which made things worse) but this is beginning to look like a prosecutor trying to grandstand. However, my friend could also be really wrong too :D

11. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling that neither side is telling "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth", as it were. And given the amount of alcohol that was probably flowing that night, it's possible that no one even remembers it [objectively].

12. thegamesthatrate

Jan 9, 2007
    Will the DVs screw up Solo? It's hard to say that she is not screwed up whether or not the DVs are out there.