April 16th weather forcast

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by the cup, Apr 7, 2005.

1. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    At the moment www.weather.com is forcasting scattered showers and temps in the low 60's for our home opener.

May I suggest we all fast and pray, light a candle, or sacrifice a virgin (if you can find one), or whatever you can do to bring in clear skies, nice temps and little wind if any for the home opener.

It would be nice to have a big crowd showing on ESPN2.

2. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Maybe this Saturday before the game we can have a ceremony to praise the Soccer Gods to help us out with this.

Although, realisitically, weathermen have a hard time getting tomorrow right let alone over a week. Who knows what the weather will actually be like next weekend. I guess all the more reason to pray to the Soccer Gods.

3. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Only a 30% chance of precipitation!
    The odds are still in our favour!

4. jasoncox

jasoncox New Member

Jun 28, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the quality of the weather forcasts we receive in Utah, I believe the higher the chance of percipitation forcasted, the lower the odds are that we'll actually receive any.

5. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    We're still 9 days out. I'll wait until next thursday before I start to get too worried.

6. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    At the moment, Sunny skies and temps in the mid 60's.

Still expecting a storm sometime this week though. Keep looking for those virgins.

7. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I don't trust weather.com much because once it was raining really hard so I thought I'd check out the radar picture. I went to weather.com and it said something like:

Your weather, now!

Partly cloudy

But we were in the middle of a giant rainstorm. Since then I've switched to the National Weather Service, who predict for saturday:

Saturday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s.

Saturday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s.

8. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess someone was able to find a virgin after all. I know it wasn't me, but good job whoever it was.

[​IMG]
    Sunny
    High 73° F
    Precip: 0%

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holy crap. i could not imagine a better day for soccer. low 70's with a nice wind from the south at 5-10 mph. dont hold your breath just yet, remember its utah.

i remember like 4 years ago when i was in high school i drove home one day and the temp was like 68 degrees or so when i left school. 15 minutes later when i got home it was snowing, no fvcking joke. anyone who has lived in utah for an extended period of time knows that the weather is completely UNPREDICTABLE in that state. im glad i moved.

but then again, its the day before and i can tell you that the weather will probably be fine. living in oregon is like a precursor to whats going to happen in salt lake a lot of the time. the storms we get up here usually end up in utah also. just how the jet stream works. we had a couple "nice" days in the last 3 days so i bet the weather will be fine. its going to be a great day for you lucky people in utah. wish i was there.

10. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats a good omen.

Great weather, great crowd, great proomtion of the game.......RSL winning in extra time 3-2 over their rocky mountain rivals would be a story book begining.

Good Luck.