Apertura 2012: A New Hope

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by El Washatero, Jun 29, 2012.

1. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nothing makes me sadder than seeing Pumas look and behave like a Liga MX also ran. The way this team has played and been managed, they might as well be San Luis.

2. wolfpupz

wolfpupz Member+

Jan 24, 2011
    SJCA
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    goddamn dont we have any more keepers from cantera?since bernal retired it has always been odin patino or pikolin 2.. pero de los dos no se hace uno... maybe the third keeper could do a better job if given a chance but i have no idea who he is

3. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't blame Pikolin, the two shots were almost impossible to deflect, the first one was inches away from the post as he jumped to block it by extending as far as he could, and the second one was a curveball that could fool many experienced goalies. Imo, the goalie is not the biggest problem, instead I would point out the defense & midfield where they haven't been a great help to add enough to pressure or stop the opponent's build up attack/ counter-attack or having the MF hold the ball enough that when & if they lose possession that it will not leave the defense in a bad position to recover & defend. Invariably, the goalie is powerless to do anything about it but to act anyway he can to stop it at his own end, like the third goal that started in Jaguare's half(iirc).

4. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Watch all the americanista dopes says that this proves that Carillo was right and the fans wrong. I thought Pikolin did screw up in that goal against Andrade and it cost us. I didn't see us play that bad except for the defensive mistakes. Still this season was done way before this.

By the way, we f--ckin suck at Chiapas.

5. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, we do.

You guys remember that time we got owned by Cabanas back in the day

I think it was like 5-0

6. Pumas90

Pumas90 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    is there anyone else in our squad that can replace Toño Garcia? i'm not that fond of him but he's still young. i hope he greatly improves next season. i guess the other option is
    velarde (left)---pikolin---veron---fuentes (right) though fuentes hasn't really been tried on the right.

7. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuentes started his career playing rb

Remember that golazo he scored?

I remember he didn't do all that great there, but at this point he has to be a better option than Garcia

8. Pumas90

Pumas90 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh yeah I forgot about that one. Still, he's mostly been used on the left. He was tested on the right more during Memo Vazquez's first season. I agree that he has to be the better option than Garcia.

9. Pumas90

Pumas90 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    is it true that pumas is after an african player?

11. bajacalifas

bajacalifas Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Tecate
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  12. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Mr.Black and Pumas90 repped this.
  13. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was reading in the Colombian boards that Dayro was linked with us? Don't think it will happen. Talented guy but seems a bit of a headcase.

Some rumors that Cabrera to Cruz Azul. ********ing joke if this happens.

14. Pumas90

Pumas90 Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That article I linked a few posts above talks about that. We do need a consistent goalie but not at the expense of Cabrera, especially for Yosgart.