Apertura 2011: Going for #11!

Discussion in 'Toluca' started by tolucafan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    didn't have time to post in this thread during/after game but here are my thoughts:

-great game.

-Eugui got it right again. Toluca fans on other forums are questioning why he took off Calderon instead of Esquivel. it's simple really, Esquivel provides more defensive help than Calderon. Esquivel basically became a third CM with Sinha and Alonso left up top. We were very organized in the second half and because of the great work the whole team did, America only got 1 decent opportunity in the second half. very happy with the team right now.

-roma was immense. just an amazing performance by him.

-talavera obviously man of the match. just superb.

-Alonso with a great finish after Calderon's hard work to get the ball.

-it looks like Eugui is liking Esquivel at striker. when he takes Alonso off, he puts in Diego and just lets Esquivel try to get us a winner.

-ty to all the fans that didnt boo Vicente. not many booed this time.

-LOL America

looks like our final refuerzo is coming in any day now. President Velasco mentioned that he will be from Paraguay.

also, we play Tigres on Wed. but its not showing up on my tv listing. it better be shown.

2. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gutsy draw, but ridiculous lack of composure to get sent off like that minutes after the first yellow.

Talavera looks like he's going to continue keeping Toluca in games this tournament. With an average goaltender, we're 0-2.

3. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    on our official site:

looks like the player we were after was Nestor Ortigoza.

why did i expect anything different.

4. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    its funny that on the day that i have to watch toluca play online, its also the day that the audio stops ********ing working on my computer. such bull shit. hopefully i can fix it by then but im not good with electronics.

also, im expecting Araujo to start. Eugui said that it would either be him or Cruzalta. Eugui is doing a fantastic job. Having Cruzalta start and moving Gamboa to CB would be a great way to play in absense of Duenas, but with Araujo already playing major minutes this season, it is much better having him start with Gamboa at RB.

edit: got my audio back -_-

5. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
  6. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Mancilla scores and celebrates. ********ing scumbag. next time remember that we were the ones that got you out of a second division team and we made you relevant bitch.

i hate him now. ******** you mancilla

7. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i just don't get how we ever sold Mancilla. god damn, even tho he is a ********ing bitch, it was such a huge mistake.

talavera saving us from the blowout. srsly, worst half ever. our midfield getting raped, along with our FBs.

8. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    sdfhgbsgsdfgklsdfjgklsdjghdklghdkjgh dfkgjhdl afkgjhad fgkashg lks

sinha ********ing dumbass missed penalty. ********ing ref made him retake it because toluca players entered the box early. who the ******** enforces that dumbass rule. bull shit

9. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    well okay its all over now. poor defending by our whole defense. tigres is just a better team.

time to give nava some minutes.

10. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    calderon scores. omg please one time lets get this draw.

put nava in ffs

11. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    omfgggggggggggggggggg goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll SINHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

12. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please hold now please. i'll take one more tho

13. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    2-2. awesomeeee. i honestly don't know how we pulled it off. wowowow. we were just so bad and somehow we got the draw. i'll take it. 5 points after 2 away games and a home game is not bad at all. feels damn good

14. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alonso sucked today. He has to finish those chances. Today they let the 3 points slip by. They cant tie games they dominate at home.

15. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i was so mad that we didn't win today that i didnt even want to bother posting on here. i mean seriously, its just an absolute joke that we didnt win this game. Alonso had about 5 great chances of scoring and missed them all.

romagnoli, nova, manolo, calderon were the only players today that actually played well.

esquivel continues to show why he is the fan's most hated player. his defensive work rate in games is superb, but jesus christ, this guy is just a liability on offense. it sucks that we do most of our attacking through him and sinha. i think its time to sell. hes 29, im sure there is a club here in mexico that would gladly take him.

eugui taking 80 minutes to put in nava is such a joke. diego for rios sub was good, as was the brizuela for esquivel sub, but the last sub was just soooo bad when you look at the situation. atlas was basically letting us go at them and eugui decides to take off alonso for nava. i mean jesus christ man, grow some balls, we are playing in front of our crowd ffs, take the risk and take off manolo and finish the game with 2 strikers. honest to god i dont even know how these people get put in charge.

16. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    our last refuerzo is to arrive later tonight and will likely be announced tomorrow. im hoping its a winger or defensive-midfielder. if its a striker i am going to be mad. it will likely be a striker i bet.

17. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One crossbar away from winning, but I agree, Nava has to come in and come in relatively early in a game where Toluca is dominating but not finishing chances. Not to mention the younger guys need playing time on a team that is aging rapidly. Wasted opportunity.

18. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    it hasn't been officialized on the Toluca website, but word is that it is Aureliano Torres, a 29 year old leftback/left winger. he was listed as a defender for the Copa America team. im really hoping that Eugui didn't buy him to use him at LB, because Manolo has to start. I would definitely bench Esquivel and swap Calderon to right winger.

time to check him out on youtube.

19. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    well after watching a couple of videos, it looks like he hasn't played the left winger position in years. ugh ok, i guess we will have to wait and see how this works out. please bench Esquivel and no one else.

20. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    retards in charge of the Toluca website still haven't made the official announcement that Auriliano Torres is now part of the team. these guys must be waiting to get video of the presentation just so that they can make it look all nice. Eugui has already confirmed it ffs, just put up a quick article that he is now our new extranjero and then put up the video later. jesus

21. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    oh my god, Cardozo about to become new head coach of Queretaro. omggggggggggggggggg October 30th at Nemesio Diez. holy shit this is incredible. this automatically makes me cheer for Queretaro. this is going to be awesome.

22. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    also, Toluca-Pachuca match was just pathetic. we just have to move on and start winning at home.

23. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    some of my favorite cardozo goals:

world class finish:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Y_Ghyh8PE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Y_Ghyh8PE[/ame]

obv:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsmokOwO9Dk&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsmokOwO9Dk&feature=related[/ame]

lol chivas (go to 8min 14sec)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usn4B5RPJk#t=08m14s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3usn4B5RPJk#t=08m14s[/ame]

GOAT

24. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    and before i forget, Sinha suspended for 3 games ://///////

Nava HAS to start alongside Alonso in our two home games that Sinha will be missing.

----

ah one more thing, Hector Acosta started in Mexico's win aginst Colombia in the u20 QF. he was really impressive. and with how Gamboa has been performing lately (not good at all), i would love for Acosta to get a real chance at making the starting lineup.

25. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    my second god has already been officially announced new head coach of Queretaro. god i love this man. hope he kills it.